• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

I did see the nurse who changed my clothing (while I was unconscious) while at a party once. I said, "how do I know you?" She said, "well I've seen you naked, but I didn't think you'd remember"

One time I was having a mole removed. They had me scheduled for general anesthesia, but my abject fear of loss of control made me demand to the doctor that I get a local only. He insisted on some goofballs (Valium, I think) to help out, as well, so I acquiesced to this minor level of dulling.

Anyway, I lay there kinda chilling, but nowhere near out of it, as the nurses started to prep the area. I guess they thought I was all the way under, because they had a nice long conversation about my multiply-pierced junk & a debate as to the potential pros/cons in the bedroom.

I listened for a while, trying like a maniac to control my laughter and not get turgid (thinking about Buddy Hackett accomplishes both goals) and, after any sharp objects were out of the killing zone, I did my best Undertaker impression, sitting up abruptly & saying something to the effect of, "Ladies, there's only one way to resolve this debate. You (*points at groin*), then you (*points at groin*)." You've never seen two more shocked faces in your life. I poker-faced for a couple of seconds, then busted out in drug-fueled laughter, to be joined in relief by the nurses.

Then I screwed 'em both stupid, roundhouse kicked the doctor, ripped the questionable mole out with a pair of foreceps, and thumbed a ride home, still wearing the assless hospital gown.

(OK, that last paragraph didn't really happen.)

I played 4 days straight for about 10 hours a day in 90+ degree heat this last week on vacation. I felt sick after that, kind of naucious and weak and sore to my bones. Ive been chilling out in central air relaxing since then and I feel good now.

I played 4 days straight for about 10 hours a day in 90+ degree heat this last week on vacation. I felt sick after that, kind of naucious and weak and sore to my bones. Ive been chilling out in central air relaxing since then and I feel good now.

My buddy experienced the same thing yesterday. He ended up getting a migraine and was very nauseous apparently. He said he drank two liters of water while playing throughout the day.

It's a shame I am not able to play otherwise I would probably be out there myself, though some of the past few days it has been hard to even breathe out in the air around here. Was almost 100 today, not in the sun, not quite sure what the humidity was though.

I think staying hydrated and giving yourself extra sugars and carbs to burn is the best idea if you're going to be out all day in the heat.

People living in the Northeast US, do not go out and play in this heat wave. The UV index along with the temps are way to high to try and play. I know because I played yesterday (July 5th) at 2pm with it being 94F outside.

The first hour was fine but after that it was all downhill. Between not being able to stop sweating and not being able to throw a disc effectively, it was a total waste of time and a risk to my health. Trust me.. anyone who lives in the NE US is not conditioned for this weather, especially go out and play disc golf. Luckily I put sun block on and had 2 liters of water with me.

The real problem came about on the 24th hole (Joseph Davis SP) when I over gripped locked my ESP Avenger SS (BH) and ripped it into the woods to the right. About 40 minutes later I found it but I was totally shot phyically due to the heat/sun exposure. The super thick hedgerows of JD didn't help either but I came home with a major headache and feeling completely drained. I realize that looking for my disc was risky and dumb due to the heat along with playing a 27 hole course.

Be careful out there. If you must play, bring extra water and be prepared to stop and/or play a shorter round.

..yeah I just shot a PB -8 under with an ace yesterday (95F). I love this heat wave baby>>>>

I frame houses in D/FW. I have to change my shirt 3 or 4 times a day, drink over a gallon of water/sportdrinks in my 7 hours at work... and never have to piss till usually well after work, and a few beers. Yeah, we stroke a little every day. We get so hot, we puke on a regular basis. Things are only a concern, if you stop sweating.

Im a tough guy I play in the heat and humidity your all sissies. I'm gonna wear my knit hat and jeans and winter gear and not hydrate myself to prove how macho I am...I'm even gonna stop sweating and still shoot 18 under par!

One time I was having a mole removed. They had me scheduled for general anesthesia, but my abject fear of loss of control made me demand to the doctor that I get a local only. He insisted on some goofballs (Valium, I think) to help out, as well, so I acquiesced to this minor level of dulling.

Anyway, I lay there kinda chilling, but nowhere near out of it, as the nurses started to prep the area. I guess they thought I was all the way under, because they had a nice long conversation about my multiply-pierced junk & a debate as to the potential pros/cons in the bedroom.

I listened for a while, trying like a maniac to control my laughter and not get turgid (thinking about Buddy Hackett accomplishes both goals) and, after any sharp objects were out of the killing zone, I did my best Undertaker impression, sitting up abruptly & saying something to the effect of, "Ladies, there's only one way to resolve this debate. You (*points at groin*), then you (*points at groin*)." You've never seen two more shocked faces in your life. I poker-faced for a couple of seconds, then busted out in drug-fueled laughter, to be joined in relief by the nurses.

Then I screwed 'em both stupid, roundhouse kicked the doctor, ripped the questionable mole out with a pair of foreceps, and thumbed a ride home, still wearing the assless hospital gown.

(OK, that last paragraph didn't really happen.)

Post of the year ???

My thermometer read 102 for most of the trip to league at J-Park in NY......... it dropped a few degrees in the last couple miles to the park.

57521_g.jpg

21 players showed up to sweat it out.

Its hot but the bugs were worse than the heat last evening. I drank 4-5 litres during the day then another 2 on the course and was fine. The blackflies and deer flies were brutal though. No wind and the heat really kicks them up a notch

DUDE... play in ne weather u want.. just be prepared..... doesn't matter is its -34 or 103 just make sure ur ready for it....

Sorry guys, but it will be 72 degrees here in Colorado spings today. I will be thinking of you when I play; might have to wear a jacket or something.

Hahah, 72 sounds nice.

I haven't been following the temp in NE Ohio, I just know that it's hot, and very humid. Still managed to bike a few miles yesterday and play some night golf. As long as you don't over exert yourself and bring plenty of water you should be fine. That and take advantage of the shade :D

HAHAHAHAHahahaha... I love CA!!!:D

Agreed, this weekend it was in the 80's and sunny, the rest of this week has been in the low 70's and overcast until 2 pm.

California rules, everyone else is jealous of us, that is why they "Hate" us.

We rule, You drool!!

;)