• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

The local weather forecast has us at 96 degrees tomorrow. Booyaa!
Our disc league is scheduled for 36 holes at Flat Rocks. I guarantee no one will miss due to heat. Hell, I'll take heat over rain or 2 feet of snow any day.:thmbup:

It's 103 here in DC (without the heat index) We would welcome mid 90's.
100 doesn;t stop me from playing, but I do take it seriously. TONS of agua!

I remember playing when it was 106.......in HOUSTON (aka hell) and going through like 3-4 rounds at the local course.

103 is rough for sure but you gotta admit that people from the Northeast start freaking out around 94.

Currently it is only 83 at my house but we have been getting hammered by rain.

I remember playing when it was 106.......in HOUSTON (aka hell) and going through like 3-4 rounds at the local course.

103 is rough for sure but you gotta admit that people from the Northeast start freaking out around 94.

Currently it is only 83 at my house but we have been getting hammered by rain.

We freak out when people start dying. I grew up in Florida, so I don't panic at 100, but I bet 106 in Texas is pretty low humidity (more like Arizona), so it may be semi-more tolerable
No matter where you are over 100 is hot and you need to be careful, but you can always play DG in 100+ as long as you prepare yourself and drink fluids with electrolytes (not alcohol :))

Houston is hell....That entire gulf region is all heat all humidity. As a younger man I lived in Florida and noticed most people didnt really go out in the afternoon heat and humidity there I actually remember that construction slowed up in the summer and got going in the winter...the opposite of the Northeast. When you live in the Northeast your body isnt really used to the crazy humidity and heat index that comes for 2 mos or so a yr then u get winter with the cold and are never used to that either. It's just something to bitch or be macho about. I have been playing a bit later or trying to play woods courses this time of year. Pre round Liquids help as does laying off the in round booze.

The local weather forecast has us at 96 degrees tomorrow. Booyaa!
Our disc league is scheduled for 36 holes at Flat Rocks. I guarantee no one will miss due to heat. Hell, I'll take heat over rain or 2 feet of snow any day.:thmbup:

Yep. Im going discing tomorrow in it, but the heats not going to keep me from discing any more than it is going to keep me from bitching about it. It at least isnt 80% humidity that its been most the summer so getting in the shade does actually help for a change.

If you shouldn't play in hot weather, there wouldn't be any disc golf from Arizona to Georgia all summer. The northeast gets a few typical San Antonio summer days and they think the world is ending...

Eat something salty, drink a lot of fluid and become one with your sweat. It's good for your skin to clean out all those pores... as long as you're sweating, you're ok... stop and get help when you stop sweating.

I played at noon yesterday on a ski hill with lots of up and own walking. It was 44 C (whatever that is in Fahrenheit) with the humidex.....we just played slow, played the shade and got our 18 in. Went home, grabbed the dog (cuz it was a touch warm for him) and went out to play another 18 at 530.

Drink ots of water, use sun screen, be smart about it and you'll be fine.

There was only one other golfer I saw on the course and he was walking off after 6 holes.....too hot he says.....next time try a hat I says....couldn't believe you would play without a hat in that heat

Its already cooling a bit along the east coast today with highs generally forecast to be about 5 to 10 degrees cooler. Here in WNY, today should be the last of the current heat wave. More seasonable tomorrow with a forecast high of upper 70s to low 80s.

I just don't even bother going until it drops below 90 degrees. I'm used to the hot weather but it doesn't matter who you are. It'll get to you. I have to go out before work if I want to throw daily and it ruins my shift if it's hot and humid.

I spent 11 hours out in the country cutting and pulling mesquite brush yesterday in the Texas heat. Disc golf is literally a walk in the park in comparison. It's all in how well you're prepared. Freeze a gallon of water and you don't have to worry about overheating or dehydration.

Played yesterday in 90+ heat and around 45% humidity. Wasn't too bad. Lotsa water, taking small breaks here and there, and making sure to continuously guage my "over-heating quotient." Really wasn't that bad. I've definitely played (other sports...this is my first summer discin') in worse heat/humidity, hands down.

I went out yesterday as well, 95 degrees and 105 H.I.. I would have been fine, but I got ate up with mosquitoes that drink Deet for breakfast! I played 9 holes in 15 minutes!

Wow, good to see some actual posts from actual men. What is this site? The National Organization for Women Golfers? Man I hope even the REAL women can take a little heat. Come on, it's hot, but it won't kill you. Unless you are so out of shape then you shouldn't be playing anyway. set down the cheeseburger, put away the pipe, beer or whatever, and get your body moving. If you are in somewhat decent shape your game will improve also. Give it a try.

We freak out when people start dying. I grew up in Florida, so I don't panic at 100, but I bet 106 in Texas is pretty low humidity (more like Arizona), so it may be semi-more tolerable
No matter where you are over 100 is hot and you need to be careful, but you can always play DG in 100+ as long as you prepare yourself and drink fluids with electrolytes (not alcohol :))

Houston = the bayou city........and it is 40 miles from the Gulf so there is plenty of moisture to go around with our avg humidity being in the high 60s to low 70s with it creeping up higher fairly often.

Texas isn't the Wild West as some assume