• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

The date I can buy an ESP Wasp is....?

Didn't see it in your link

dome /= glide

i havent thrown a domey wasp in about 10 years but it was less stable and really reminiscent of a rock rather than a true wasp flight

I have a domey wasp and it is more overstable than my flat ones because of a taller shoulder. All are standard Z plastic.

I know Adam Hammes said he would have a limited amount of Swirly Z Wasps for pre-release sale at the Memorial Tournament next week. I can try to get my hands on one but I've not been so great with money lately...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Alright, so my best Z Wasp found it's way home to me after being missing for three months (shocking, a successful disc return) I love this thing, it's a flat top 172g that will flip to flat and just coast forever. Now that I already replaced it with a new Z (that is max weight and beef), I'm going to ask the question that I'm sure I know the answer to already.

Is there a good way to cycle these? I love the feel and flight of mine, but the one I just got back overlaps my most OS Buzzz (it's actually a tick less stable than the Buzzz).

Should I just get my hands on some flat Rocs? I've never thrown them, but I don't want to get into an expensive or impossible cycle. I'm just not a huge fan of the naturally flippy mids (Meteor, Comet, Buzzz SS, etc.)

I will say that I absolutely love the two Wasps that I have and I wish I had one for every Mid shot.

Alright, so my best Z Wasp found it's way home to me after being missing for three months (shocking, a successful disc return) I love this thing, it's a flat top 172g that will flip to flat and just coast forever. Now that I already replaced it with a new Z (that is max weight and beef), I'm going to ask the question that I'm sure I know the answer to already.

Is there a good way to cycle these? I love the feel and flight of mine, but the one I just got back overlaps my most OS Buzzz (it's actually a tick less stable than the Buzzz).

Should I just get my hands on some flat Rocs? I've never thrown them, but I don't want to get into an expensive or impossible cycle. I'm just not a huge fan of the naturally flippy mids (Meteor, Comet, Buzzz SS, etc.)

I will say that I absolutely love the two Wasps that I have and I wish I had one for every Mid shot.

im a weirdo and an outlier however what works for me is

fresh z wasp for beef

beat wasp for traditional buzz shots/straighter shots

pro d buzz for hyzerflips and turn overs

not that i would ever do it but someone could get dx rock3 and they close enough to a wasp that you would get a great cycle going

older players used to use a z wasp as the os compliment to kcp or dx rock cycles

im a weirdo and an outlier however what works for me is

fresh z wasp for beef

beat wasp for traditional buzz shots/straighter shots

pro d buzz for hyzerflips and turn overs

not that i would ever do it but someone could get dx rock3 and they close enough to a wasp that you would get a great cycle going

older players used to use a z wasp as the os compliment to kcp or dx rock cycles

So the Wasp is closer to a Roc3 than a Roc? That makes sense with it being flat topped and a 5 speed

rock3 is way closer to the wasp than the rock

one might even say they are interchangeable but you know thats fighting words for some on this specific thread

Fantastic news, thank you. I've heard the Roc3s get nowhere close to the stability of the Wasp, but if the feel is identical they can be the bottom half of my cycle. Guess I'll try it out.

Anyone have any experience with Wasp vs MD3? I can't really find a flatter Wasp anywhere (waiting for Hammes & ESP) and was curious about the MD3.

Anyone have any experience with Wasp vs MD3? I can't really find a flatter Wasp anywhere (waiting for Hammes & ESP) and was curious about the MD3.

The MD3s i have is not really that OS. . A MD4 is closer in flight to a WASP but totally different feel

But it might be something "wrong" with my stack of Glow MD3s. . they should be quite stable but mine flies more like a Buzzz

For a long time I threw 2or3 z wasps and 1 flat kc roc. Works very well imo. I have a 165-170 z wasp that broke into a good slow turnover mid for the whole flight. But that takes some serious time. Still throwing the same flat kc roc from 2014, it really has held up well for me.

The roc3s that I've thrown have less HSS than pretty much every Wasp I've ever thrown. The feel is similar though.

Still waiting on a production release of JB Wasps.

I wouldn't mind them in X, but I prefer JB for the added grip and slightly faster wear pattern (if I remember my old X wasps correctly). At this point, I'd take just about anything that isn't premium plastic.

I liked JB for putting putters, but I was not impressed with it in the Zone. JB tends to clover, I am not for sure that the wing would stay in line for the Wasp; I know my JB Zone did not keep it's wing shape.

Latest posts