• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we ran into some trouble without rules, so here are the "Ten Commandments of the 'What is this disc worth?' thread":

1. To get the best estimate, you must post:

a. Disc type
b. Plastic type
c. Disc weight
d. Disc condition
e. Pictures

If you don't know this information and/or cannot post a picture, it's a crapshoot. The estimates are based on the information you give, so the better that information is the better estimate you will get.

2. Don't belittle the person giving a value. They are giving you their opinion because you asked them for it. Take it for what ever grain of salt that you wish.

3. A Picture is worth 1,000 words, so I will repeat that whenever possible you should post pictures.

4. If the disc you have is still in production, it's worth whatever they sell for. If it's still in production and yours is used, it's worth whatever they sell for minus $3-$5. No need to bother asking.

5. Post pictures.

6. If no one gives you an estimate, it's because no one knows. There is no need to keep quoting yourself over and over trying to get somebody to make up a number.

7. Post pictures.

8. Post pictures.

9. Post pictures.

10. And finally, post some pictures already!!!

I hope these easy to follow guidelines will keep this thread running smoothly from here on out. The OP has been edited to include this info so it will be easy to find, my apologies to prerube for editing his post.

I like 3,5 and 7-10. I also like that it's 2011, and cameras are readily available on all sorts of devices.

a. Ching Aviar
b. Whatever Ching Aviars are made of.
c. 171ish
d. 9/10 No ink.
e. Not at the moment.

Basically are ching avairs worth anything?

glow aviar 8/10
got all these sigs in 2005 at discraft great lakes open. first national tour event I played in.
sigs are Ken Climo,Ron Russell, David Feldberg, Avery Jenkins, Des Reading, Chris Hereen,Aleksey Bubis, Stevie Rico
97798_g.jpg

any guess at value. probably will hang on my wall forever but curious anyway

glow aviar 8/10
got all these sigs in 2005 at discraft great lakes open. first national tour event I played in.
sigs are Ken Climo,Ron Russell, David Feldberg, Avery Jenkins, Des Reading, Chris Hereen,Aleksey Bubis, Stevie Rico

Signed discs generally do not increase value unless you are looking to sell to a specific collector. For example, I collect discs dedicated to World Champions for a specific year, and hope one day to have them sign that disc. I have a KC Aviar with Ken's autograph and a Champ Boss with Feldberg. If you can find someone with a taste for that disc, you're in business. Objectively, it's a well-inked Glow Aviar.

Signed discs generally do not increase value unless you are looking to sell to a specific collector. For example, I collect discs dedicated to World Champions for a specific year, and hope one day to have them sign that disc. I have a KC Aviar with Ken's autograph and a Champ Boss with Feldberg. If you can find someone with a taste for that disc, you're in business. Objectively, it's a well-inked Glow Aviar.

I have a 2006 SB Star Wraith that is Gold signed by Dr. Rick in a pic a few pages back, would you happen to be able to put a dollar amount to it?

a. Ching Aviar
b. Whatever Ching Aviars are made of.
c. 171ish
d. 9/10 No ink.
e. Not at the moment.

Basically are ching avairs worth anything?
Ching Aviars are DX and not desirable like Ching Rocs. Aviars are already flat, so the flattening process didn't do much to the flight of them. However, some of the stamps are cool. A cool looking disc is always worth some bank.

So what is the stamp?

I have a 2006 SB Star Wraith that is Gold signed by Dr. Rick in a pic a few pages back, would you happen to be able to put a dollar amount to it?

If I were buying any disc pre-signed, I'd probably be willing to add up to $10 to it's "new" price, depending on the signature/disc. For me, I'd really like to meet the person who's signing and shake hands. But if that's not likely/possible, I'd buy for the price I suggested.

E Rock, thanks for stepping up and trying to help appraise! Keep it up.
Search recent sale threads, Ebay, and other online shops and sites and many times you can see a trend.

Glad you guys are not bumbed that I am giving it a try. I look at disc's all day and am starting to get it down. :thmbup:

nah, you are doing just fine. If you said something stupid we would point it out :p

also, I met psudgc17 recently and he knows how to look though a box of discs and find the valuable stuff other people overlook. I trust his opinion and not just because he pays top dollar for my Rhynos :)

nah, you are doing just fine. If you said something stupid we would point it out :p

also, I met psudgc17 recently and he knows how to look though a box of discs and find the valuable stuff other people overlook. I trust his opinion and not just because he pays top dollar for my Rhynos :)

Sweet thanks....

If I were buying any disc pre-signed, I'd probably be willing to add up to $10 to it's "new" price, depending on the signature/disc. For me, I'd really like to meet the person who's signing and shake hands. But if that's not likely/possible, I'd buy for the price I suggested.
That Wraith would be super-hard to evaluate. There are not very many of them. The "Special Blend" gets some peoples attention. The color might draw some people in. The fact that it's Dr. Rick's sig on a Dr. Rick disc makes it a cool collectable. So it's got a lot going on. It hits some niche markets. The problem is that they are niche markets; you would have to find the right buyer. So it's really hard to put a number on it. If it was me and I wanted to move it, I'd put it out there at a high number and wait for the right guy to come along.

I am interested in acquiring a Jaguar...sometime in the future. How much is too much for one? Also, I heard a little birdie (FOR REALS...NO JOKE...PAY ATTENTION) that Innova was going to re-release the Jag in Champ plastic...

I think I drooled a little just now.

glow aviar 8/10
97798_g.jpg

Most of the time (like psudgc17 said), most signatures won't add too much to the price, but the signatures you have on there are valuable. With few exceptions, it's tagged by world champs...a lot of them. It's probably worth at least $30 right off the bat. Past that, it's really up to the buyer.

One thing to keep in mind though, that's base plastic, so the sharpies will eventually wear off, so keep it well guarded.

I am interested in acquiring a Jaguar...sometime in the future. How much is too much for one? Also, I heard a little birdie (FOR REALS...NO JOKE...PAY ATTENTION) that Innova was going to re-release the Jag in Champ plastic...

You should be able to get the old critter-stamped Jags for around or under $15. Those are big discs. Serving plates, really.

You can get them at Sun King right now for $7.99....

I'm not sure if this is the case, but the huge discs (Condor, Lynx, Jaguar) get used for MTA and you usually can find the premi weights around for regular disc prices. The generally are harder to find in golf weights and sell for a bit more.

I would think a Champ Jaguar would be a dud. All that disc has going for it is the glide, and the Champ plastic will kill the glide. At that point you might as well be throwing a Stingray, it would at least fit in your bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts