• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
also, I met psudgc17 recently and he knows how to look though a box of discs and find the valuable stuff other people overlook. I trust his opinion and not just because he pays top dollar for my Rhynos :)

Appreciate the nod, sir! I enjoy evaluating when I know what the disc is :thmbup:

No gottie...(que sad music) lol.

Going to the Ace Race in Austin on 9/3 and I am bringing some extra cabbage, maybe I will luck out.

Don't have a GREAT NEED for one, I am more interested in a R-PRO Dart anyway.

No worries.

No gottie...(que sad music) lol.

Going to the Ace Race in Austin on 9/3 and I am bringing some extra cabbage, maybe I will luck out.

Don't have a GREAT NEED for one, I am more interested in a R-PRO Dart anyway.

No worries.

I did find one in golf weight but it is up there in Price. It seems like it would be hard to find one that is leagal for tournament play.

This place is overpriced on most stuff IMO but here is the link.
http://www.theudgc.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1079

I did find one in golf weight but it is up there in Price. It seems like it would be hard to find one that is leagal for tournament play.
The legal weight is based on diameter. The larger the diameter of the disc is, the higher the legal weight can be. The cap is 200g. The Jaguar is so huge that it's legal up to the cap, so you can throw a 200g Jaguar, no problems.

The legal weight is based on diameter. The larger the diameter of the disc is, the higher the legal weight can be. The cap is 200g. The Jaguar is so huge that it's legal up to the cap, so you can throw a 200g Jaguar, no problems.

did not know that thanks for the info.... I can't imagine throwing something that heavy

As a roller, it's like the bicycle wheel concept I guess. The thing rolls better when you get it spinning because once around a Jaguar is a lot farther than once around a Cheetah. The trick is getting that big 'ol thing spinning.

In the air they are funny because they glide really well and stay in the air forever, but they are super duper slow so after you watch it stay in the air for an hour and 1/2 it doesn't really go all that far. It's fun to have guys throw one off an elevated tee, watch them get all pumped up as it flies and then see the disappointment when it lands and they realize it didn't go anywhere.

Ching Aviars are DX and not desirable like Ching Rocs. Aviars are already flat, so the flattening process didn't do much to the flight of them. However, some of the stamps are cool. A cool looking disc is always worth some bank.

So what is the stamp?

Right on 3P. I have 10 or so ching aviars and no one has ever wanted them. I buy them when I like the stamp, and usually not for more than $10-$12. That said I think this one is worth a little more.

dsc0001uhh.jpg

Ching Aviars are DX and not desirable like Ching Rocs. Aviars are already flat, so the flattening process didn't do much to the flight of them. However, some of the stamps are cool. A cool looking disc is always worth some bank.

So what is the stamp?

Stephens County Pro Am
Has a waterfall. I don't really need an exact price though, your info is exactly what I was looking for. If there was anything special, what was the difference, etc?

Stephens County Pro Am
Has a waterfall. I don't really need an exact price though, your info is exactly what I was looking for. If there was anything special, what was the difference, etc?
It was the full-color stamp. Up until around '98ish the only way you got multiple colors in a stamp (other than a rainbow foil) was to stamp the disc multiple times with different colors. They would look like this:
002-6-1.jpg

For this stamp they had to stamp the blue color, put the discs back on the machine, line up the discs and stamp the disc a second time in red to get the effect. It didn't allow for much artistic expression and it was expensive to do.

Innova got a machine that could apply full-color art to a disc that allowed for better quality art with more colors. The advance in what you could do with a stamp was huge. These discs were marketed by Ching, which was partnered with Innova at the time.

The machine had the unintended consequence of flattening discs, and in the Rocs a lot of people found the resulting overstable discs desirable. In the Aviar it really made no difference since they all were already flat. So the Ching Rocs are a big deal to a lot of people. The Aviars just have cool art.

As time has gone on the ability to produce high-quality stamps has continued to improve, so unless you can remember back to the late 90's it's pretty hard to understand what the big deal was.

three putt ...when was the first ching disc...?? what year...?
The first Ching disc was the Sniper, which came out toward the end of the season in '98. It was a modified Panther molded by Innova. The Tank (small bead Rhyno) and Bomb (probably the Banshee L) came out pretty soon afterward. They did one more disc with Innova before the companies split called the Stinger. The original Skill Shot portable baskets were marketed by Ching as well; mine has a Ching logo on it.

The first time I heard about full-color discs was from Houck. He told me about them in the spring of '99 and sent me one with my World' Biggest order that year. It was a Gazelle. :confused: By the next year the Ching Rocs and Ching Aviars with the peace sign stamp and the Buddha stamp were advertised around in a lot of places. That's really all I remember about the time line of the full-color discs.

I'm not sure when Innova and Ching stopped working together; it seems like it was around '04 or '05. By then the term "Ching Roc" was pretty firmly established for a full-color Roc and everybody kept calling them that even after Ching didn't sell them anymore.

ok yeah i was wondering about the stamps....that one i have is a 2000....just had not seen any before that date ...thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.