• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is this disc worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Though they are Swedish maybe it's a translation problem :D.

Dicky
Gazelle - $10-$15, Maybe more if someones is looking for Kenny's signature. I have gotten First Run DX Eagle and First Run Valkyrie for those prices and don't think the Proto's would be much different.

Raven - I'm never sure how to price the football stamps :D

Viper - $15ish, could go a bit more or a bit less

Shark - I would imagine just DX price, maybe around $10 at most . There is a similar one with tourney stamp from the early 90's currently on eBay at $15 with no bites yet.

Shoot me a PM if you are plan on selling the Raven and the Viper :).

I took another picture to show the tooling on the Can Am Stingray.

picture.php

What is the approximate value on a barstamp buzzz? One feels on the heavy side and is 7/10 conservatively, the other is a little lighter and maybe 8/10 (better looking than the other). Both are orange.

The "buzzz" tooled ones I have seen mostly go for between $30 and $35 + or - $5 or so In the 170+ range but have been mostly watching 8-10/10 ones.... I'm not entirely sure on the value but am also very curious as I am looking for at least one more of these.
"wasp" tooled on the other hand fetches a pretty hefty price. I've seen a few go for over twice that recently.
.... Sorry for the poor "ballpark" estimate.... Hopefully this will bring out a better one though.

The Swedes are correct. I also have a 1X KC Stingray that's flat with Ontario tooling.
Then that was a brief period, because every Stingray I saw in the 90's had San Marino tooling. I've got seven Stingrays purchased between '93-'98, and they all have San Marino tooling.

edit: Actually, the copy/paste didn't include the full description: "1990 came the fourth version of the Stingray (Ontario flat top) with "Flying Stingray" hotstamp. It was a short lived attempt to make the Stingray mold better. It didn't work well as people wanted the slow continuing curve of the original Stingray." It's poorly worded, but that's probably the translation thing. From that you can assume they went back to the third tooling of the Stingray pretty quickly so that the San Marino Amoeba's and the circles stamps form the 90's were the same, which was my understanding.

Last edited:
LOL!!!
I thought that was a spec on my screen and I tried to scratch it off

turns out it's on the pic itself (2nd FB pic)

I feel dumb

Then that was a brief period, because every Stingray I saw in the 90's had San Marino tooling. I've got seven Stingrays purchased between '93-'98, and they all have San Marino tooling.

edit: Actually, the copy/paste didn't include the full description: "1990 came the fourth version of the Stingray (Ontario flat top) with "Flying Stingray" hotstamp. It was a short lived attempt to make the Stingray mold better. It didn't work well as people wanted the slow continuing curve of the original Stingray." It's poorly worded, but that's probably the translation thing. From that you can assume they went back to the third tooling of the Stingray pretty quickly so that the San Marino Amoeba's and the circles stamps form the 90's were the same, which was my understanding.
I bought all of mine in the late 80s and 1990 I believe. I do recall when the flying Stingray stamp came out, I never bought those because I had all the Stingrays I needed. The KC 1X flat Ontario Stingrays I did throw were great discs, but they were not like the original. What happened with them after that (1990) I have no idea.

IMAG0134.jpg

apparently only 6 or 7 of these ontario mis-print double stamp special olympics champ rocs made it out of the factory, this one is bright pink and minty fresh at 180g...

It might just be me, but how can the rarity of a mis-stamp really be a plus for it's value? It's like saying you should pay a premium for factory second clothes because they are unique. They aren't unique, they are F'ed up. To me the mis-stamp greatly reduces the value, rare or no.

Status
Not open for further replies.