• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your main driver?

Pro Leopard.

It used to be DX Eagles, and assorted XLs before that.

I'd be happy with any of them, but it's always fun to try different things.

It's going to depend on what your course looks like. Evo Wizard or a Champ Firebird are my favorite drivers. The local courses where I currently play the most are either tight with lots of trees or have a lot of hyzer shot angles. 400 ft plus drives don't mean a thing if the holes aren't that long.

My workhorse driver is a PD Freak, holds so many lines in so many plastics, just terrific.

If I'd have to nominate a fairway driver, it would have to be the Mantis! Like a PD but slower. Only waiting for a Z version... :popcorn:

If he's really only been playing 3.6 years and he's 16 years old then he's not likely to be Keith Palmer, since Keith has a PDGA number in the 25k's. He'd have to have gotten that number when he was like 5 or something. More likely he's the winner in Intermediate division, Matthew Verbisk (PDGA number in 59k's).

below is what I originally wrote but truth on most days my most thrown trusted drivers are my beat champ leopard and my beat glow stalker. LH, RH, FH, or BH.

RHBH- star Sidewinder if calm, lucid trespass for slight wind, z predator for heavy wind.
RHFH- z predator, lucid trespass, or to carve lines beat champ leopard.
RH tommy or thumber- champ firebird
RHBH roller- pro TL
RHFH roller- champ FL

LHBH- lucid escape or glow stalker for calm, lucid trespass or spread for head wind.

Oh and currently my primary max distance drivers are the D1 and D4 (for more stable and less stable shots respectively). I can get a little more distance by hyzer flipping the D4, but it requires more room since there is more lateral movement, and it doesn't handle wind well. I can throw the D1 almost as far and on a much tighter line. I have a really beefy star destroyer when I need a little more fade at the end and a firm Lace for rollers as well. My max distance is around 400 feet.

PD/Amp. I'm trying to narrow down my bag for the winter and have found that anything I need can usually be covered by one of these.

Instead of buying a bunch of different discs I can now focus my obsession to stocking up on these

MVP Volts. I'm so reliant on them at this point, I'd hate playing a round without them. Volts and Ions, gotta have a pair of each for a round of golf :)

My answers wont help you at all seeing how you have outgrown faster drivers that I can throw...

GL Rivers for general driving duty. Neutral to stable for me. Nice right turn out and fade back in.

GL Striker for my meathook needs. Very O.S. for me it always turns left, this is my big hyzer shot disc (not that I can throw a big hyzer :\ ).

Last edited:
I'm currently running an Amp/Volt combo and enjoying it. Lots of glide from both, but plenty of control. The Amp is a little touchy if I put too much stank on it, so it keeps me honest. Hyzer flips for days. The Volt, at my power, can handle a wind and hold a nice straight line, or hold a really nice hyzer. These two cover everything but turnovers, which I use a beat Roadrunner for.

Latest posts