• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What kinds of players do you like to play with

People that do this piss me off, royally. We have all been the new guy at some point, and those elitist pricks seem to forget that.
I like drawing the new/less talented guys. It gives me a chance to show them that not everyone that can play is a a-hole. I tell them right off the bat; "Play like you normally do, and don't worry about letting me down. I'm here for fun, winning is only a bonus." It gives me a chance to prove myself, as well. There is nothing like winning with a Rec partner, especially when it is their first time cashing.

Excellent!!!!

People who like to have a good time. Friendly competition without taking themselves or the game too seriously. So far that's pretty much everyone I've played with.

I'll play a casual round with mostly guys my own age, or pretty much anyone that isn't a group of young ignorant kids that have no respect for the course/game.

I absolutely love joining a small group of guys that are incredibly skilled and a lot better than me. I always play towards the skill level of the people i play with, so not only do i end up with a better round, it usually brings my confidence up.

The biggest thing is if i can walk away from a round where i pick up a thing or two, its a successful trip to the course.

People who like to have a good time. Friendly competition without taking themselves or the game too seriously. So far that's pretty much everyone I've played with.

Right on. I think I need to find some new guys to play with. The two guys I play regularly with have recently started to really get on my nerves. When they are not playing well (which is most of the time since we are all hacks)they throw tanturms, blindly huck their discs, scream "I hate this game!", etc.

I don't get it. I know I'm not that good and don't expect every shot to be perfect. I relish the small victories; a good approach, sinking a long putt, an occasional birdie, hitting a tight fairway through the trees.

It got so bad with one friend the other day while we were on a course where #12 puts you back by the car that I told him I was leaving and did he want a ride home. He asked why I was quitting so I told him I'd love to finish the round but it wasn't fun for me anymore and unless he could improve his attitude I was done. Since I was his ride and he wanted to keep playing this seemed to work a little bit and the tantrums were kept to a minimum.

People that do this piss me off, royally. We have all been the new guy at some point, and those elitist pricks seem to forget that.
I like drawing the new/less talented guys. It gives me a chance to show them that not everyone that can play is a a-hole. I tell them right off the bat; "Play like you normally do, and don't worry about letting me down. I'm here for fun, winning is only a bonus." It gives me a chance to prove myself, as well. There is nothing like winning with a Rec partner, especially when it is their first time cashing.
This is the guy that I like to play with in doubles. I recently got the chance to play doubles last saturday, and my partner was like this. He said I'll drive us down there and you putt us and we will be cool. We used about 60 % of his shots and 40% of mine. To me that was great. I learned different things from him as well as the others in our group. At the end we got beat by 1 stroke, in our group but ended up 3rd overall. We got to split $12 which to me was great. I didn't expect to win anything and would have had fun either way. I also felt like some of the pressure was off of me to have great shots every time because I had a partner that was encouraging and was a little better than me.

Latest posts