• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What should happen with rear leg?

Should I be constantly flowing forward with weight, or rather keeping weight on rear leg and reaching with front foot?

Should I be constantly flowing forward with weight, or rather keeping weight on rear leg and reaching with front foot?
Your weight should go into rotation around your axis/inside your posture, like water swirling around braced inside a cup.

Meanwhile I have also been practicing forehand. Maxing at 330-360 feet.

How does it look?

Recent BH form, still strugging around 330ft. This time took a little bit smaller last step, but I feel like I am still not doing something correctly with legs.

Could it be that my runup is very slow. How smooth should the the plant and brace be? I am just shiiifting to front foot, maybe I must be more explosive with the final plant?

Maybe I need to shoot a video without slow motion.

Meanwhile I have also been practicing forehand. Maxing at 330-360 feet.

How does it look?
Rear foot too forward facing, so you don't turn your hips/shoulders back far enough in the backswing. So you end up over-rotated open coming forward and collapse the front knee too much.

Could it be that my runup is very slow. How smooth should the the plant and brace be? I am just shiiifting to front foot, maybe I must be more explosive with the final plant?

Maybe I need to shoot a video without slow motion.
You are striding too much to the left side of the tee pad, and pushing off the rear foot too late. Stride straighter down the tee pad so your balance lands more on your toes and push off the rear foot before you plant the front foot so all your weight plants with the front heel.

See Riding the Bull at 1:15:

Recent form, tried to make my last step smaller, so that it would actually feel uncomfortably small. Keeping rear hand close. Trying to stride more straight. Also delay reachback, but still tad early

Also what I discovered was that I when was trying to keep my hand loose, my upper body was still so tense, so it basically not allowing it. Here trying to keep my upper body loose up until the hit.

Your balance is still behind your front heel toward the right side of the tee looking from behind the tee. You are not landing balanced on your front toes and maintaining forward tilted spiral balance throughout the swing. You can see in the finish pic below you are reversing backward with your head behind the foot and have over-rotated the rear side around you.

FKCqlwY.png

twoO771.png

Two questions.

1. Does the rear femur turn inwards by turning it inwards myself, or it happens by itself, after bracing, the rear part of body wants to move forward, but front side is bracing, so it is turning inwards?
  2. Would it be correct to keep upper body fully relaxed and loose, only keeping the angles and when disc finally reaches between pecs, I activate my muscles and finish the throw? So far I have been trying to keep the hand loose, but found out that the whole upper body is fully tense. I think that causes me to not be able to keep hand actually loose.

1. It's all you. See swivel chair drill. Push that gas pedal.
2. Yes, stay loose. HUB has a video about being like salsa dance - that's a good analogy. Fluid not tense

I hurt my index finger somehow and it has been swollen for 2 months now and still hurts, got it checked, bones are alright, they just said that it may take a while and should let it rest. So I am trying to throw with 3 fingers with index finger, it it weird, it seems to work, but I imagine I lose some power.

I have question about upper body and core. When I brace on my front foot, does the upper body just turn by itself or after I turn my rear femur inwards, must I also turn my upper body with muscles? I watched Lizotte video and his upper body turns so fast, so I was wondering if he is turning/spinning his upper body or it should happen by itself?

Fast rotation happens more or less because he stays in a tight center of rotation on the front leg. Your abs and core muscles should be contracting coming into the brace - Brace for Impact! Exhale like you would punching something or being punched.

I can't imagine throwing very far with locked hips.

Rear leg looking better, but need to work on the front leg and how to land on it and swing fully from it. Need to land more on your front toes then heel with your weight and more closed "from behind you". Your front foot is landing flat and without your weight and start opening up early.

I thought about discgolf throw and I would you say hitting tree with axe has same dynamics, you brace on front foot and then the axe is lunged into tree with body.

Anyways I tried to replicate it with disc and backhand and the feeling is totally different, its like I am actually bracing, not like before. When I looked my previous video, I am not staying balanced on front foot after throw, but rather I have spinning momentum and I am falling over to the right.

One thing that worries me is that this time I am falling backwards, but the throw felt great in hand.

Yeah, your rear leg is too bent/stride too far to make it balanced on the front leg. Note how Kallstrom's rear leg is more upright and stride onto the front foot is much shorter/compact and finishes balanced on the front leg with the left shoulder rotating through right over the front foot(see end of Swivel Chair Drill about centered shoulder rotation).