• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Why doesn't everybody throw this disc?

C-Line MD3 is the mid-range disc I can always trust no matter what the conditions are.

comets have too much glide. yes its possible.

however put em in a tailwind and you have crazy long d no effort. its a thing of beauty

Sinus is my upshot disc, wind putter and short driver. It will never turn on you. I would truly be lost without it.

What is that disc in your bag that you can't believe everybody else doesn't have? I thought it'd be cool to see what molds people can't be without. I'm sure something like this has been done before but...

For me it'd be the comet. I've had about 2 months with this disc and I just don't see how everyone doesn't bag one.

For me it's the comet also. I've been throwing them since they were released in z plastic about 5 or so years ago (?) To this day, I still get locals ask "What was that disc?" when I throw a smooth shot that goes exactly where I want it to. Some people have wised up and know it's a comet - mainly because I throw them all the time - but still not many people have the patience to learn them and thus don't use them at all.

comets have too much glide. yes its possible.

Only if you don't take the time to learn how to range them properly!

Last edited:
Mine used to be a neutron Volt til I lost it. As of right now my go to driver is a gstar leopard for that 280-320 range. for longer shots I have a bag full of stuff I'm still getting used to, so I cant really say which is my go to distance driver so the leopard is the money disc right now.

I haven't thrown it in a while, but it is still in my bag.
The Glide, just doesn't seem to get any love.

Opto Pure. Perfectly neutral, glide for days, and mine has retained its HSS going on a year and a half of heavy use.

Whippet. Always amazed there are not many out on the course or even folks who know what it is. I guess if you only throw hyzer or flat the beauty of it is lost. I throw all kinds of shots with it (mostly overhand) and am always amazed by how stunning a utility disc it is. It is a domey mold, which is terribly unpopular at the moment, but that makes it skip for days when you turn it on the lid for approaches.

I don't know what I would do without a Pig. It's my go to driving putter.

Cryztal FLX Zone!!! I use this disc on nearly every hole. We have a lot of tight wooded courses, so many times I just dont have room for a BH approach. The Zone is stupid money for a FH approach. I like the Cryztal FLX plastic, bc it dosent skip as hard as ESP. The softness, just lets it "splat" and sit right where it lands.
**EDIT: The Cryztal FLX will skip huge too if you flatten the angle out a touch, but on higher hyzer lines (not necessarily Spike) it will just die on impact. ***

It also is an amazing "bail out" disc. I can throw beautiful overhand shots with it, rollers, flex shots, and since its nice and soft, I love putting with it. I can run really hard at the chains with confidence, bc I know its not gonna go sailing past.

I love my 11x CAL TB's but being an OOP, I can understand why those are not for everyone. Also my Tee shots, and FW shots vary greatly depending on course/conditions/lie ect, but the Zone is a disc that I can grab w confidence in almost any situation. It lives in the top slot on my Grip A, like drawing a sword from the scabbord hahaha.

If ya don't know....ya betta axe sumbody ;-)

Last edited:
I'm liking my ABC Mission lately (thanks to shoptom.com). Very glidey and I would put it somewhere between a Buzzz and a Comet. Great for those standstill shots that need a bit more distance.

I never go out without my Spider; great utility disc and can shape any FH or BH line inside of 230 or so. Everything else in my bag has spent at least some time on the sideline.