• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Why doesn't everybody throw this disc?

The Reaper. To the point I did horde some when they went oop. However, I am on my last new one. Thinking of Trident to fill the eventual void. Anyone agree that they are similar?

Star TL.

Stable with a little fade brand new. Easy to hyzer, pulls out of anhyzer just at end. Lots of wonderful glide.
Neutral when beaten. Holds hyzers and anhyzers to ground. Damn straight.
Slightly understable when trashed. Beautiful turnovers that never cut-roll.

Warship. I no one around here throws one. Doesn't get a lot of love on here either. I use mine for tunnel shot, approaches, tee shots. Its the go to disc in my bag and has been for nineish months. And glide, the glide gets commented on every time I play with new people.

To really be able to answer the OP's question you must first try all discs...Otherwise you don't "know" what you are missing. That is the rabbit hole to where this question really leads.

Zone .. most unique disc i have ever thrown.. its thrown the most out of any disc in my bag other then my Putter .. if you have never tried one snag yourself an esp and thank me later

Always been the Wasp for me. Back when it was a hassle to get Rocs in premium plastic, I never understood why the Z Wasps didn't garner more attention. I picked them up primarily for that reason and never looked back. Now I have so many Wasps I could never switch to Rocs, but I am definitely fine with that. A nice flat Z wasp is a thing of beauty. I have had an old run pearly pink in the perfect sweet spot for years, it's my bread and butter.

Gumputt...its like approaching with pure security. Is it the feel of the disc that offsets peoples use of it?

DX Wolf.

Underpowered on a hyzer release it goes dead straight (but loves to keep going) and powered with some air holds an anny line from start to finish.

Lately, I've replaced my 150g DX XD stand still 'distance' putter with the Wolf when I need to land flat (assuming I miss) since it will cover as much ground with the same effort with no fade at the end.

Star TL.

Stable with a little fade brand new. Easy to hyzer, pulls out of anhyzer just at end. Lots of wonderful glide.
Neutral when beaten. Holds hyzers and anhyzers to ground. Damn straight.
Slightly understable when trashed. Beautiful turnovers that never cut-roll.

Keep going, they get flippy but at that point, will carve a line that I have yet to see any other disc do.

RHBH near vertical wing down release - wide sweep left, leveling, then turning right for the remander of flight. The right turn distance being about 2-3 times the left.

Last edited:
Groove

J/k. I would think mine would have to be the buzz. Although, 200 ft and in I couldn't imagine life without my dx aviar.

Legacy Rival. Only been playing competitively for about a year and a half but have yet to find a fairway mold that is as consistently true to where it is thrown. A real point-and-shoot kind of disc. Also feels kind of like a smaller driver-esque version of my Buzzz in my hand, and that is my second can't live without disc.

P.S. From my little bit of experience and what I've been told the Rival is extreeeemmeelly similiar to a TeeBird.

Legacy Rival. Only been playing competitively for about a year and a half but have yet to find a fairway mold that is as consistently true to where it is thrown. A real point-and-shoot kind of disc. Also feels kind of like a smaller driver-esque version of my Buzzz in my hand, and that is my second can't live without disc.

P.S. From my little bit of experience and what I've been told the Rival is extreeeemmeelly similiar to a TeeBird.

That's what I was going to say. Too many folks throwing Teebs. Rivals are great though.

I'd say wizard. As far as putting goes, it's nothing game changing. It's a big beaded putter.
The wizard shines though off the tee. There is enough varieties of feel that you'll always find something you love in the hand. They're OS to start and can be seasoned into all kinds of stages of wear. They're affordable to stock up on. They're almost always the same shape (evo excluded). They're extremely durable for has plastic.

They're wizards. And they're the best overall putter in the game.

mmmm.

dx teebird>rival. :p

rivals are pretty darn good, though. if i had to choose a different fairway i'd use them again. getting pretty popular, i see them a lot and for good reason.

I've never even thrown a comet... Smh. It's a shame I know, I'm on the lookout for one!

But I would have to say TRIDENT simply a one of a kind disc.

Seconded! Without a trident I'd be lost and I recommend them to all my friends that can handle a disc like that.

I knew reading through this thread would be a mistake! Now there's more discs added to the list of ones I must try... It seems I'm missing out on the comet love..

All Teebirds.

Cheers!