• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wicked foot faulters!

rodman20 said:
Midnightbiker said:
Here is a nice ACE with a wicked foot fault:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUrPAf-WaLQ&feature=related

haha heres the question, with the video there do you call him on it? lol

Read the comments. I think they let it slide.

How much you wanna bet he pays a lot more attention to his foot faults now?

I usually don't call stuff in casual rounds. I play by the rules all the time mainly so I can judge my rounds and get an idea where I stand for tourney play. But I don't care if the others in my group do or not. If they are prepping for a tourney and want me to call stuff I will but if they are just having fun and don't care about the rules that's fine too. When it comes to somebody that gets pissy about it let em cheat in casual rounds and call it in the tourney when it matters. It'll get in their head to pay attention to their feet when they aren't used to doing that and you'll have the advantage.

Midnightbiker said:
rodman20 said:
Midnightbiker said:

yea i saw that afterward, but lets say if this was at USDGC and a player had faulted like that but no one caught it till a day after the tourney was done and they won by one stroke. Could they retroactivley change the outcome or since it wasn't called its like it didnt happen.

Midnightbiker said:
rodman20 said:
Midnightbiker said:

If we were ina tournament, I'd call it. And I'm sure everyone else would second it. IT they saw the foot fault, not the video.

Casual, who cares good ace :twisted:

Midnightbiker said:
rodman20 said:
Midnightbiker said:

yea i saw that afterward, but lets say if this was at USDGC and a player had faulted like that but no one caught it till a day after the tourney was done and they won by one stroke. Could they retroactivley change the outcome or since it wasn't called its like it didnt happen.[/quote]

No. You'd have to catch it at the time of the shot. If you didn't, it's all good.
Benefit Player.

Fritz said:
Midnightbiker said:
rodman20 said:
Midnightbiker said:

If we were ina tournament, I'd call it. And I'm sure everyone else would second it. IT they saw the foot fault, not the video.

Casual, who cares good ace :twisted:

Plus I was in Goldie's group when he aced it again this year, without a foot fault. Actually the tee board washed away so it's not really possible to foot fault now. Even if someone had noticed the fault I don't think anyone would call it, its a pretty relaxed league.

He aced, he brought beer next week, a good time was had by all. :D

Roy said:
I'd just tell him to take another step if he needs to. Some sarcastic attacks on his skills should do the trick.

or put an asterisk by his score like Barry Bonds.

haha, I like this one.

"Hey chief, you seem like you didn't quite get all of your last drive. Why don't you make sure to take 4 steps past the end of the teebox instead of just 2?" :lol: :lol:

Well, I learned that I need to work on my foot faults, or falling putts. I was used to leaning once in a while on short putts, not knowing about the "demonstrating balance" issue. I'm getting out of that habit, but some people have been calling me on it. I take no offense, I just try to make sure I don't do that little step anymore. Still needs work, but it'll be out of my game soon.

I thought you had to be off the tee to foot fault. But maybe playing in concrete tees spoiled me. Is it like a disc being in bounds, if some of it is all of it is?

When someone foot faults in a big tournament If no one saw it or called him on it and i would approach him walking to the next hole and say "hey man, sorry to say this and i don't want to make you nervous but what you did on that putt is illegal." I would continue to show him what he did and what to do to fix it. "now no one saw that, but don't worry about it just make sure you keep behind your marker and make sure the disc is out of your hand before you step past your marker on putts that are 30'+ feet out."

I never stroke anyone for their first time because I guess I'm just a nice guy like that.

garublador said:
black udder said:
garublador said:
I would definitely laugh if someone stroked me in casual play. Might as well give me demerits or naughty points.
I still believe if you're going to keep score, then you play by the rules - take the strokes and learn. There's no harm in casual play and it benefits you in the long run.
That's why I would laugh, I don't keep score during casual play.

My casual play is not practice for tournaments. I play for fun. If I determine that rules other than the ones followed in PDGA play are more fun, I'll play by those rules instead. If someone is calling me on rules I'm not trying to follow then that would ruin my fun, hense defeating the purpose of casual play and I would avoid playing with that person.

I just want people to keep that in mind when playing with people you find on the course. Not all of us care about tournament play.

Just a word on tournaments, they can be fun. I love tournaments. To me its like a disc golf party, getting together with friends, making new friends,and just enjoying a day of disc golf. Plus, you can see how you game measures up to other people.

As a new player, whom foot faulted on pretty much every putt - I was glad that someone told me I would be called on it during tournament play. After about a week of practice - I don't do it anymore and my putts are better as well.

I foot faulted on a putt during a tournament, and I got a stern warning not to do it again.

Latest posts