• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Wizard Weights

Deflated. Just like basketballs etc. Only retail packaging is inflated. When you order bulk they come bagged up in my experience. Way too big and heavy being inflated to make sense IMO.

Looks like it depends where purchased. Wilson says to inflate to spec during manufacturing and found both ways. I also have inflated a box of balls before that were new. So yes and no?

I have a few hundred Wizards

This got lost in all the fun arguing and grabbing of balls.

You have a FEW hundred Wizards? A few is at least 3. That has to be one of the biggest collections out there. Right?

Similar situation here. That Wizard may or may not be proper weight, but it's not the manufacturer's job to check it for tournament usage.

Stamping "PDGA Approved" makes me think that they should not knowingly produce overweight discs.

I get the appeal of trying to bump up against the edge of the rules… but that's one thing. Going past them consistently - even flaunting it a little bit - is too much, IMO.

This got lost in all the fun arguing and grabbing of balls.

You have a FEW hundred Wizards? A few is at least 3. That has to be one of the biggest collections out there. Right?
I doubt it. And no, I don't have 300+. I might have 200 though.

If I can get the Erie Disc Golf Club going (goodness we have anti-progressive, slow-moving, backward thinking people around here in government positions…), I hope to pass many of them out to people who try out the sport or something.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I didn't have 200+ extra wizards.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I didn't have 200+ extra wizards.

I realize you're probably just ripping me a little, but…

I got about 20-30 free with other purchases.
I have another 20-30 that are field throwers for practice, etc. This includes the G9i I have.
I have 10 or 15 I'll play with. Some vary in softness depending on temperature, feel, etc. Some are for putting exclusively.
I have 10 or so that are special stamps from events and things I like.

The rest… are quite likely putters I'll give away to people interested in the sport.

Oh, and I have one 247g heavy Wizard. :)

Latest posts