• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I've been pretty happy with the switch from Trespasses to Wraiths. The trespass is awesome, but just flies like a longer fairway driver, similar lines to the undertaker. So I wanted something with a little more bite at the end of flight, which the wraith offers. Makes it a little easier to gauge, I think.

I'm not happy about it, but I invested in a couple Halo Wraiths. I plan to throw one, and keep the other on the shelf and see what the future brings. Planning to just rock a few wraiths as my distance drivers.

You will definitely get some bite at the end with the halo. It's my OS bookend wraith. I also use a 6 month old 166g star and a super beat 175 star

Should be comparable enough. I used to think Champion discs were more overstable than Star when fresh, but recent Wraiths and Thunderbirds have flipped that on its head for me.

How will a 150g Blizzard compare to a 150-class Star Wraith?

ive had blizz that are hella os and some that are flip machines

never thrown the light stars but i would gamble with light stars over blizz

I have a regular weight one which I can only hyzer so far. I have a blizzard wraith that I can fly. Wind direction makes a big difference as it adds or takes away so much percentage from my arm speed.

Just one more sign of the end-of-the-world. . . . .

Only Amazon has any pro wraiths i'm trying to find . . . .. . .. . sigh. The evil empire continues to infiltrate the human world . ..

I think I'm getting a little more snap on my beat in Wraiths lately. They aren't under stable but definitely finishing further right.

Really hard to judge though because it's been windy just about every chance I get to throw.

Seems like a bunch of retailers got Pro Wraiths in. I got a pair and this run is what I look for. Not too stiff, not too soft. Not pop top, but not flat. Just bought a second pair so I have this slot covered for at least the next year.

I think I'm getting a little more snap on my beat in Wraiths lately. They aren't under stable but definitely finishing further right.

Really hard to judge though because it's been windy just about every chance I get to throw.

Seeing this a lot more lately. I wasn't sure if I was getting anni on it, but pretty convinced now that I'm not just releasing it wrong.

I still don't get the kind of distance (speed) I would think was needed to make it flip, but that's what's happening.

Seems like a bunch of retailers got Pro Wraiths in. I got a pair and this run is what I look for. Not too stiff, not too soft. Not pop top, but not flat. Just bought a second pair so I have this slot covered for at least the next year.

I grabbed a 170g pro from a player pack last weekend that fits your description. Flattish and really nice pro plastic. Interested to throw it this weekend, hoping it's OSish so I can beat it up over the winter.

I better pick up a few tonight before they're gone. And we already got ****ing snow so I'm probably gonna need them.

I grabbed a 170g pro from a player pack last weekend that fits your description. Flattish and really nice pro plastic. Interested to throw it this weekend, hoping it's OSish so I can beat it up over the winter.

I threw my 175g for the first time yesterday. For drivers I typically like 168-170, but really liked the looks of this one. It was fairly overstable, so should be great once it beats in.

I haven't found in this thread although I may have overlooked it but is there a unanimous best version of the Star Wraith interms of different years or models?

what different models are you even talking about

Thanks for that great input, If you looked you might see that I'm new but I meant model as in the destroyer had a couple different players as the signature stamp on the disc which made the disc more valuable like the Avery Destroyer. Sorry if that's tough to understand

Thanks for that great input, If you looked you might see that I'm new but I meant model as in the destroyer had a couple different players as the signature stamp on the disc which made the disc more valuable like the Avery Destroyer. Sorry if that's tough to understand

The answer is no, there is no unanimous opinion on which run of star Wraith is the "best".

I haven't found in this thread although I may have overlooked it but is there a unanimous best version of the Star Wraith interms of different years or models?

This is 100% my personal opinion, but here are all the Wraiths I've tried:

12x stock: The one I have is from 2018 or 2019 and is on the flatter side in the 160s. I really like it. After beating it in, it got pretty understable probably due to the weight and the flatness. Honestly I think the feel depends on the color you get. Mine is orange and stiff. In my opinion, this is the Wraith you should buy.

Madison Walker Swirly Star: First release was all 169-172g, then they came out with more up to max weight. Plastic is nice and tacky. They start pretty overstable, but the one I beat in is a little squirrely in the wind, but flies true to the numbers in calm weather. The plastic is a little less durable than stock star from what I can tell. These are hard to find and go for about $50 on ebay now.

Bottom Stamped: Extreme pop-top garbage, but some people like em. Not sure if all bottom stamped came this way. A little more stable than I'm used to.

GStar: Flippy out of the box, especially in lighter weights. They fly great, but more like a -2 turn if that's what you're looking for.

Pro: The runs are inconsistent, but I think this is my personal favorite if you find one that's a little softer and not too domey. The most recent run came out great as I mentioned earlier in the thread. For a mid-grade plastic, they of course beat in faster, but seem to stay in the sweet spot for a while. Mine is warped but is still going strong.

Champion: I bought one used, but it pretty much flies like a stable Wraith. Thanks to whoever beat it up for me!

Color Glow Champion - Flat: Meathook

Color Glow Champion - Domey: Overstable but have a nice flight. I haven't used mine enough to beat it in.