• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

I always felt like the first star Wraiths ever introduced were the best. This would be 2007. They were domey, and made out of fairly stiff, indestructible star plastic. The discs would last years without getting beat up or losing stability.

You want some dome on a Wraith. Flat star Wraiths are REALLY overstable and glideless.

I wouldn't attest the dome to stability. I have relatively flat, but mellow flying Wraiths

PLH for sure. I've been using Star & Champion Wraiths since '06 or so when they came out. The most OS one I ever had was a pop-top bottom stamp Star. The more workable ones for me were flat. Meaning they were slightly OS but had some turn before fade.

Halo Wraith

Got to try a Halo Wraith today for the first time. (First Halo disc I've tried of any mold). I was a little curious how it would stack up against other Wraiths flight-wise.

Disc is 173-5 and is really domey. Domier than most Wraiths I've ever seen.

Plastic is gorgeous. Reminds me of good star.

The disc itself flies pretty much like any other star Wraith I've ever thrown. Tiny bit of high speed turn and a pretty hard late fade. Impressive glide. I'd attribute that to the fact that the disc is so domey.

Overall I'm impressed. I was worried Halo plastic would be super overstable, but it isn't. Just a really good Wraith. I liked everything about how it flew. I was able to get this Wraith over 400' repeatedly.

Got to try a Halo Wraith today for the first time. (First Halo disc I've tried of any mold). I was a little curious how it would stack up against other Wraiths flight-wise.

Disc is 173-5 and is really domey. Domier than most Wraiths I've ever seen.

Plastic is gorgeous. Reminds me of good star.

The disc itself flies pretty much like any other star Wraith I've ever thrown. Tiny bit of high speed turn and a pretty hard late fade. Impressive glide. I'd attribute that to the fact that the disc is so domey.

Overall I'm impressed. I was worried Halo plastic would be super overstable, but it isn't. Just a really good Wraith. I liked everything about how it flew. I was able to get this Wraith over 400' repeatedly.

My Halo Wraith is noticeably more overstable than my Stars, but it isn't freak OS

My Halo Wraith is noticeably more overstable than my Stars, but it isn't freak OS

This one I had today definitely wasn't turning much. The glide saved it though. It faded fairly hard, but it was a glidey fade.

The distance was still impressive. It seems like the kind of Wraith that could beat into something really good with some use.

pro wraiths are nice..i bet they would be good for people looking for more glide and less fade on their drives... not for a power torquer

Any Wraith enthusiasts have experience with the color glow plastic? I've been loving color glow so much that I'm trying to get more molds in my bag converted to color glow. Was wondering how the Wraith flew in this platic.

Any Wraith enthusiasts have experience with the color glow plastic? I've been loving color glow so much that I'm trying to get more molds in my bag converted to color glow. Was wondering how the Wraith flew in this platic.

The 175g F2 ones I picked up last year are both flatter & start out stable (11/5/-1/2+). Less OS to start than a recent stock champion and the softer color glow plastic beats in more quickly than stock star & champion. I'd say solidly 11/5/-1/2 at this point after 1/2 year of use. I like it for my weak FH than my other Star Wraiths with more dome.

The 175g F2 ones I picked up last year are both flatter & start out stable (11/5/-1/2+). Less OS to start than a recent stock champion and the softer color glow plastic beats in more quickly than stock star & champion. I'd say solidly 11/5/-1/2 at this point after 1/2 year of use. I like it for my weak FH than my other Star Wraiths with more dome.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably just hold off then. So champ color glow beats in faster than Star? I learned something new.

Yeah, depends a little on the plastic blends and what you are hitting of course. Stiff & softer/gummier blends of both Star & Color Glow exist. I've hit rocks/roots that have torn up the softer blends for drivers.

Only a sample of one but the one color glow F2 I had was extremely flat and a turd. Maybe that was why it was an F2 though.

Only a sample of one but the one color glow F2 I had was extremely flat and a turd. Maybe that was why it was an F2 though.

I had a flat tournament stamped color glow wraith that was an absolute beefcake. I think it was just the run.

i threw my champion plastic perfectly beat in wraith in the pond the other day. i went home.

RIP favorite Wraith.

(star wraiths just aren't the same as champs btw)