• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Wraith love - post your stories

Just got my first wraith it weighs 173g and reminds me of a faster roadrunner is the plh on this normal? thinking of going destroyer if all wraiths are like this. Flys like a nicely broke in disc but no wind resistance. would like to find a wraith to hit hard without worry.

The parting line height of the disc in the pic looks about normal for a Wraith, though Wraiths with higher parting line heights do exist.

The disc in the pics looks to be either Star or Pro plastic. If it is Star, then I have would expected it to be overstable enough to fight moderate wind fairly well. But, if it is a Pro Wraith, then even new it probably is not a disc that you will be able to rely on for wind fighting.

Roadrunners can sometimes be more stable than their flight numbers suggest.

The newer wraiths I have been getting have had a pretty flat wing. For bomber wraiths I've been going into a disc golf store and holding up a straight edge to the wing to see how flat. If there's barely any space and it's got a nice pop top dome; then it's going to be a bomber.

So I lost my two best Wraiths this week.

I have nothing to contribute here other than to mourn.

One was an early Halo (got it cheap, hell no I'm not paying to replace it) and the other was the most perfectly beaten Star that can't be replicated without a couple years work.

Now I'm left with my ****ty pro Wraith that doesn't glide for some reason and by clunky Star that just doesn't feel "right"

:(

One was an early Halo (got it cheap, hell no I'm not paying to replace it) and the other was the most perfectly beaten Star that can't be replicated without a couple years work.

Now I'm left with my ****ty pro Wraith that doesn't glide for some reason and by clunky Star that just doesn't feel "right"

sounds about right

i feel for your loss

Search for used ones online, here, FB, eBay, Craigslist.

Search for used ones online, here, FB, eBay, Craigslist.

I was actually able to go back three days later and dig through the brush for about 20 minutes and found them both.

I've known I needed backups but not that badly, sheesh.

Also shot a personal best at the course right after by playing more conservatively, imagine that.

Got a halo wraith super cheap today, I haven't thrown any Wraith in a few years. What should I be expecting with this one?

Got a halo wraith super cheap today, I haven't thrown any Wraith in a few years. What should I be expecting with this one?

Definitely more overstable but still extremely workable. I get about 25-30' less feet so it's very usable.

Expect it to be wicked overstable

It's the most OS I've ever seen. Backhand I gave it hyzer on the first throw and it made a half attempt to flip up and dumped. Barely 350.

Threw it flat and it could take all I had backhand and pushed 400.

Forehand it would go 425+ with a ton of power before showing turn. Really cool disc.

It's the most OS I've ever seen. Backhand I gave it hyzer on the first throw and it made a half attempt to flip up and dumped. Barely 350.

Threw it flat and it could take all I had backhand and pushed 400.

Forehand it would go 425+ with a ton of power before showing turn. Really cool disc.

my arm hurts just hearing about it

Beautiful sure. Wraith? Heh...barely. 0/4 at least no way they're "workable -1/3" territory.

Bummer! Sounds like I got a good one then. Mine is the blue halo if that helps at all. You never know if the colors make a difference.

By workable I mean I use it as my overstable bookend to my distance drivers. It's not so overstable that it's a utility disc for me and I max out around 365 ft.

Last edited: