• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wysoki vs. McBeth

Eh.. You make it sound like KC was out there dominating some chuckers lol. Dont forget the discs were harder to throw back then.

Id say your comments are just as irrelevant without any proof that it is "exponentially harder" today...

Just this past weekend Ricky lost to a 46 year old Barry Schultz. And Climo was beating a younger, stronger version of Schultz!

I literally don't want any attention. I came to say my bit and bounce.

Do you feel better now that you have responded to my statement? I hope you do becasue you've accomplished nothing. :doh:

You clearly wanted somebody to notice your post. I did.

My work here is finished.

Code:
All Tournaments  Tier     McBeth   Wysocki
2/20 Wintertime   B         1         
3/2 Memorial      NT        1        6
3/10 La Mirada    A  DGWT   1        2
3/18 St Patrick   A                  1
3/26 PureLine     C                  2
4/2 Mishawaka     A                  1
4/9 Jacksonville  A                  1
4/22 Nick Hyde    A         2         
4/28 Glass Blown  NT        2        2
5/5 Konopiste     A  DGWT   2         
5/6 Kansas City   NT                 1
5/20 Steady Ed    NT        2        1
5/27 St Jude      A                  1
6/2 Euro Open     A  DGWT   1        2
6/10 Beaver       NT        3        1
6/23 Vibram       NT DGPT  12        4
7/1 Delaware      A                  2
7/8 Silver Cup    A  DGPT            1
7/15 Estonian     A                  1
7/21 Euro Mst     M  DGWT   2        1
7/29 Majestic     A  DGPT  12        1
8/6 Worlds        M         2        1
8/18 Ledgestone   A  DGPT   1       12
8/26 Hambrick     NT        1        2
9/3 Blockhouse    A                  2

Code:
Head to Head     Tier     McBeth   Wysocki  Winner
3/2 Memorial      NT        1        6      McBeth
3/10 La Mirada    A  DGWT   1        2      McBeth
4/28 Glass Blown  NT        2        2      Tie
5/20 Steady Ed    NT        2        1      Wysocki
6/2 Euro Open     A  DGWT   1        2      McBeth
6/10 Beaver       NT        3        1      Wysocki
6/23 Vibram       NT DGPT  12        4      Wysocki
7/21 Euro Mst     M  DGWT   2        1      Wysocki
7/29 Majestic     A  DGPT  12        1      Wysocki
8/6 Worlds        M         2        1      Wysocki
8/18 Ledgestone   A  DGPT   1       12      McBeth
8/26 Hambrick     NT        1        2      McBeth

Code:
National Tour    Tier     McBeth   Wysocki
3/2 Memorial      NT        1        6
4/28 Glass Blown  NT        2        2
5/6 Kansas City   NT                 1
5/20 Steady Ed    NT        2        1
6/10 Beaver       NT        3        1
6/23 Vibram       NT       12        4
8/26 Hambrick     NT        1        2

Code:
Major            Tier     McBeth   Wysocki
7/21 Euro Mst     M  DGWT   2        1
8/6 Worlds        M         2        1

Code:
DG World Tour    Tier     McBeth   Wysocki
3/10 La Mirada   DGWT       1        2
5/5 Konopiste    DGWT       2         
6/2 Euro Open    DGWT       1        2
7/21 Euro Mst    DGWT       2        1

Code:
DG Pro Tour      Tier     McBeth   Wysocki
6/23 Vibram      DGPT      12        4
7/8 Silver Cup   DGPT                1
7/29 Majestic    DGPT      12        1
8/18 Ledgestone  DGPT       1       12

Code:
A Tiers          Tier     McBeth   Wysocki
3/10 La Mirada    A         1        2
3/18 St Patrick   A                  1
4/2 Mishawaka     A                  1
4/9 Jacksonville  A                  1
4/22 Nick Hyde    A         2         
5/5 Konopiste     A         2         
5/27 St Jude      A                  1
6/2 Euro Open     A         1        2
7/8 Silver Cup    A                  1
7/15 Estonian     A                  1
7/29 Majestic     A        12        1
9/3 Blockhouse    A                  2

Has anyone else noticed that when these guys do lose, they tend to come in 12th, especially Paul?

He has no finishes worse than 3rd, but there are several in 12th place. It has been said that if Paul is not within position to win, he stops trying and just goes through the motions. That stats seem to confirm that.

Code:

Does it say what courses they played on? I'm curious about the one in Delaware, it's like 90% it would be Iron Hill the toughest course here but just curious cuz I'm surprised a pro tour stopped here lol. Would love to see video of how they played that course too as it's a go to course for me.

If you have a look at Simon's player profile, you can see he had a really decent year before his injury. 2 Big Wins at Konopiste and Nick Hyde Memorial, nothing worse than 8th place. He could have been a real contender for the Worlds this year, because the Kansas courses suits perfectly his game. Could have suffered more from the heat though. If he gets fully fit again, he can become a real threat.

Eagle is on his way, just need a little bit more experience. If you have a look at his Worlds Vlog, you can see his father giving him a lesson about the way he behaved during a round getting too confident. He probably won't make that mistake again. If he can stop complaining about the baskets, he'll become better and better.

But, their main problem is consistency (just like Koling, Locastro,...), there are not always competing for 1st (McBeth and Ricky do).

But, then, the upcoming USDGC might be the most competitive one, with the amount of potential winners, coming from BOTH sides of the pond. I'm still putting a penny on Sexton for the USDGC, because he probably won't choke on the last round this time.

I agree about Simon. My thinking was (and is) that he's young, he got injured doing something showoffish and a bit silly, and hopefully he'll realize he needs to put it together and take it seriously. I don't mean this in a bad way, but I hope he reached his "grow up" moment. Like you said, Eagle apparently got some instruction from his father in that same arena. Both are young with the potential to be superstars if they put their noses to the grindstone (like Ricky obviously did this past year).

I also agree that Sexton should be a huge USDGC contender.

I'm not sure either point is true, there were good players, but I wouldn't say the discs were harder to throw. The initial upgrades in drivers to cheetahs and that class, XS and XL, resulted in easy to throw long drivers. The next generations were the same. It wasn't until the wide rimmed drivers came in, Crush, Orc, retooled beast, that they got to be less forgiving. At least for me. And while the manufacturers make outrageous claims about distance enhancements there hasn't been that much gained in distance over the past 10 years. The simple fact has always been that accuracy and putting matters more anyway and that hasn't changed.

If anything I might argue that the baskets are better now and that has changed the sport. Kenny and Barry tended to loft discs into the basket whereas guys today go at it harder. Interesting enough, I'd argue that Paul and Ricky are somewhere in the middle, using mixed speed loft putts.

Aren't the courses longer now? If so, would that tend to negate the effect of longer discs?

He has no finishes worse than 3rd, but there are several in 12th place. It has been said that if Paul is not within position to win, he stops trying and just goes through the motions. That stats seem to confirm that.

lol, you think the most competitve, driven, and most decorated golfer in the current era gives up? lololololol

he finishes further back because he starts doing even riskier throws to make up the strokes. he would rather go down swinging trying to make it happen rather than take a play it safe 4th place.

if ya ain't 1st, ur last!!!1!!1!!

Thought I read that it was Paul that said that, in so many words.

I agree with the other poster that said he takes riskier shots to try to catch up. I would also venture a guess that when he was injured earlier this year -and- he was out of the running for first place and top dollars, he took his foot off the gas to make sure he didn't aggravate the injury. But with green dollar bills on the line, I'm sure he never 'goes through the motions'.

So, you've practiced with KJ?

Digging hard today? There have been a couple of interviews with him where he discussed this. He keeps a small notebook with him where he diagrams holes and makes notes on approaches, disc selection etc. I admit, such a logical and consistent tool set to approaching tournament play impresses me, even though I've not practiced with him.

Some of the things Paul has said about his tournament play, suggest he takes a similar approach, but he seems to rely on memory instead of notes.

I would suspect that many top players do some of this, and it wouldn't surprise me to find a correlation between attention to detail and success in tournament play.

Dave Feldberg has a great video on preparing for tournament play where he talks about stances and alignment for different shot types to overcome terrain obstacles.

So, you've practiced with KJ?

On the other hand, you are correct, while I've not heard about anyone doing the kind of prep work KJ does, it's possible they all do, in which case my statement would be incorrect.

Instead, I will take a more generalized approach, the one I took above. I'd be willing to bet that the players with the best pretournament prep gain an advantage over those with similar skills and less prep.

Todd L, thanks for the results data! I like your style...just the facts.

So if my math is correct...
McBeth's average finish is 2.80
Wysocki's average finish is 2.09

And Wysocki leads head to head 6-5 with one tie.

Seems like both guys are in good physical shape coming down the stretch. Should be an awesome finish!!

Latest posts