• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

It is cool that you guys run into people who are interested or at least curious about the sport. Most people I run into are pretty indifferent.

My wife wants to spend some quality time with me this weekend, and I some how talked her into going with me to play Disc Golf on Saturday. She happens to love walking around McDade park in Conroe. She enjoys walking the course, and I will just happen to be playing while she is walking around.

My wife always wants to go for walks, but when I say "ok, lets go discing", she gives me that F U stare and complains that DG is my whole life. I, of course, counter with the "going discing is the same as going for a walk" argument, but she doesn't buy it, saying things like "you don't even talk to me while we're out" and "I'm tired of carrying your discs". For the life of me I can not figure women out.

My wife always wants to go for walks, but when I say "ok, lets go discing", she gives me that F U stare and complains that DG is my whole life. I, of course, counter with the "going disking is the same as going for a walk" argument, but she doesn't buy it, saying things like "you don't even talk to me while we're out" and "I'm tired of carrying your discs". For the life of me I can not figure women out.

Tell your wife that playing disc golf burns an avg. of 800-1000 calories.

if you use a tourney bag i would consider it near backpacking for 2hrs which is about 380-450 an hour depending on terrain.

I would bet some GA courses will burn 1k because I will f' up some double cheeseburgers afterwards and not even feel full.

I know that defeats the purpose but its soooo good when youre famished!

if you use a tourney bag i would consider it near backpacking for 2hrs which is about 380-450 an hour depending on terrain.

I would bet some GA courses will burn 1k because I will f' up some double cheeseburgers afterwards and not even feel full.

I know that defeats the purpose but its soooo good when youre famished!

I know I like to get a large fry from McDs after a round of DG. For some reason they are sooo much better then.

I hit Church's Chicken after a around and get two chicken sandwiches at $0.99 each, and a small order of fries , also $1.00, so I get filled up for about $3.40 after tax. I usually pull a drink out of my cooler, so that saves the cost of a drink.

Attachments

• Churchs%20Chicken%20logo.jpg
    Churchs%20Chicken%20logo.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 8
I know I am addicted, because I love watching the discs fly through the air. Disc do some wild things, especially in the wind, or on a heavily wooded course. I even stop if I am walking by, and watch people throw on other holes.

I know I am addicted, because I love watching the discs fly through the air. Disc do some wild things, especially in the wind, or on a heavily wooded course. I even stop if I am walking by, and watch people throw on other holes.

I do the same thing. I often times will voulonteer to throw first (I don't already have honors :cool:) and go out to be a spotter on tough/blind holes. Watching discs fly by is sooooooooo fun.

I hit Church's Chicken after a around and get two chicken sandwiches at $0.99 each, and a small order of fries , also $1.00, so I get filled up for about $3.40 after tax. I usually pull a drink out of my cooler, so that saves the cost of a drink.

You should get a Church's Chicken dyed disc to go with your KFC disc.

I have Joe's flight charts printed out on my desk with all the next discs I'm going to buy scribbled on the back.

Even better if you're not on the course is watch videos of pros. I love to do that and just watch their discs soar so gracefully, cutting through the air like it's butter.

Latest posts