• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You pick my new MID!!!

My vote is Buzzz, and I can't be specific because you haven't been specific. Are you wanting a mold to start throwing in your bag, or a disc to start trying out? If you want to know what a Buzzz SHOULD fly like, I'd say pick up an Elite X Buzzz way before you go Z. That way you get the feeling of how they seazzzon, and the variety of lines you can do with them.

175g Elite X Buzzz. All the Z-buzzzers are just frontin'

i lost a red 180 star mako and will probably look for one more in the 170 range this time.

and to answer Craton... the disc i buy is going directly in my bag because as i said.. i threw my other ones in the drink.

Straight - Opto Core
Understable - Opto Fuse
Overstable - Q Sentinel

do yourself a favor, get a meteor. You will, however need a buzzz to act as its overstable counterpart. But really, if you haven't thrown a meteor, then you don't know what you are missing

get a 2001 CE Roc they're only like $350. or a 4x kenny glow roc they're only $80. hahaaa

my real vote is for cryztal z buzzz. i love the cryztal man! in my opinion they're only *slightly* less flexy than a cryztal/flx buzzz anyway, and at half the price.

UNDERSTABLE: 160-class Champ Cobra
STRAIGHT: Z Buzzz
STABLE: Champion or Pro Line Spider
OVERSTABLE: Drone or Gator

My vote is Buzzz, and I can't be specific because you haven't been specific. Are you wanting a mold to start throwing in your bag, or a disc to start trying out? If you want to know what a Buzzz SHOULD fly like, I'd say pick up an Elite X Buzzz way before you go Z. That way you get the feeling of how they seazzzon, and the variety of lines you can do with them.

175g Elite X Buzzz. All the Z-buzzzers are just frontin'

I agree with this post. X Buzzzes are money. Easy to work and they fly awsome. The Buzzz has allowed me to carry one mid mold because of the different plastics. X buzzzes for straight shots and anhyzers, Z for hyzers and that nice fade at the end. Glow for breezy days that can push the Z around. Cant go wrong with any Buzzz.

Buzzz SS, 170 ish, I think they only come in Z plastic.

X-Buzzz :thmbup: is far superior at holding it's line at all throwing distances over the Z-Buzzz :thmbdown:. The X is tooled slightly different around the rim, is generally a little more domey (offering more glide and high speed flight consistency) and the grip is much better offering more consistent releases. Like Craton said, buy one at 175g+ and expect it to be the most predictable mid you've ever thrown!

P.S. As a challenge to everyone who blindly recommends a Z (especially those who have never thrown an X) go out and buy an X and then you'll see what we're talking about! You might even get an extra 30'-50' out of an X-Buzzz over the Z. ;)

I love me some Z Buzzz's. I've never tried a X. But I would consider it!

thrembo you should give an X Buzzz a shot. When I first started throwing Buzzzes all I threw was Z Buzzz. I got an X Buzzz in a trade and its taken over for almost all my mid shots. I have days when the Z doesnt leave the bag because of how workable the X Buzzz is.

thrembo you should give an X Buzzz a shot. When I first started throwing Buzzzes all I threw was Z Buzzz. I got an X Buzzz in a trade and its taken over for almost all my mid shots. I have days when the Z doesnt leave the bag because of how workable the X Buzzz is.

I probably will, if I can find one. Have you tried the Buzzz SS? How does it compare to a regular X?

Champ Roc and a Z Drone if you play in windy areas. If not, the ESP Hornet (better glide than the "Z"). Is a good wind fighter.

My first mid was a X-Buzzz and when I put it in the water at BRP I switched to Z's for a few years but I never had the same predictability as the X-Buzzz. Jon Drummond turned me back on to the X-Buzzz because it handle power much better than a Z does (the X doesn't unpredictably flip over on 300'+ shots) and holds lines much better in the wind. He was exactly right.