• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You pick my new MID!!!

When you're sponsored it's a little easier to replace discs that get too beat or taco-ed, etc. With the wooded courses I mostly play, Star/ESP & Z/Champ are mostly in my bag.

Of course missing the trees more often would help also!

Depends on your playing style and what you want a mid for. If you want instant results, get a Buzzz. If you want to get better at disc golf, get a Comet.

I have been throwing buzz only rounds here of late granted i have only thrown z and esp ones, but I will have to try an X when i get the chance.

I say buzzz plastic is preference and availability, but I will say X buzzz based on what some of these guys are saying

this is getting confusing but i have it as...

Z Buzzz 8
ESP Comet 5
GL Fuse 4
X Buzzz 4
...everything else behind

Here's another to throw in the ring. It won't replace my Buzzzes but the C-line MD2 has a nice predictable Buzzzlike flight. It also feels great in the hand between the rim and gumminess of the plastic.

Out of the box the X will have roughly the same stability as the Z but with a bit more glide and a little less fade. In no time at all they season in to their 'sweet spot' and stay there for what seems like forever. At high speeds it requires a tiny hyzer-flip for extremely straight shots with little to no fade. Also holds spike hyzers and anhyzers better than any other mid. Simply put, a seasoned X Buzzz will hold any line at almost any power you give it.

@ Russell: You really should try a X, you'd be surprised at how durable the rim on the X is and how long it'll retain it's flight properties. :thmbup:

Thank you sir!

i couldn't live without the z buzzz, but i just added a meteor, and strokes have just been falling off my score left and right. I now throw the meteor more than the buzzz

Uh duh. Keep it in the fish family if you're keeping a Mako and get a Shark! That way, when you throw them in the water they'll be at home.

I probably will, if I can find one. Have you tried the Buzzz SS? How does it compare to a regular X?

I have not tried an SS. Mainly because the shots people describe with the SS I can do with an X Buzzz. I keep my bag pretty mold minimal so that I keep my options simple and throw the same disc over and over again.

Buy a ESP Buzzz. If you HONESTLY don't like it, I'll buy it off you (170ish range). But honestly, you probably won't sell it to me after you throw it. Don't get a Z buzzz right off the bat. for a TRUE multi-purpose get the ESP.

There is a reason that the Z Buzzz is winning, and people are trying desperately to convince you to choose their disc. The reason they just don't compare to th Z Buzzz.

If you think of the Buzzz in terms of beer it breaks down for me something like this: Pro-D Buzzz=Budwieser Select, X Buzzz=Budwieser, Z Buzzz=Bud Light, and ESP Buzzz=Bud Light w/ Lime. All of them are good, all of them tastle like a Bud, but most people like a Bud Light, same thing with the Buzzz. Take your choice either way you drink it, it goes down smooth.

That being said I'm a Coors Light man.

There is a reason that the Z Buzzz is winning, and people are trying desperately to convince you to choose their disc. The reason they just don't compare to th Z Buzzz.

If you think of the Buzzz in terms of beer it breaks down for me something like this: Pro-D Buzzz=Budwieser Select, X Buzzz=Budwieser, Z Buzzz=Bud Light, and ESP Buzzz=Bud Light w/ Lime. All of them are good, all of them tastle like a Bud, but most people like a Bud Light, same thing with the Buzzz. Take your choice either way you drink it, it goes down smooth.

That being said I'm a Coors Light man.

Am I to infer then that Coors Light=Roc?

Nice post by the way, well said!