• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You pick my new MID!!!

I probably will, if I can find one. Have you tried the Buzzz SS? How does it compare to a regular X?

Buzzz SS is too flat and you lose some of the glide from the dome the X offers. If you have a X-Buzzz and a Meteor in your bag there is absolutely no need for a SS.

Thanks for all the replies..

right now the top of the leaderboard sits

Z Buzzz 7
ESP Comet 4
X Buzzz 3
GL Fuse 2
R. Roc 2
GL Pain 2
Meteor 2
GL Core 2
KC Pro Roc 2

I personally have:

174 Z HORNET for a predictable fade
172 Z BUZZZ 85% of my mid shots
174 ESP METEOR for annys & turnovers

So if you're only buying 1, I would say a Buzzz. Plastic is all preference. My buddy swears the Glo Buzzz is the way to go.

well unless some comet or x buzzz peeps step up i'm probably going to purchase a z buzzz in a couple of hours.

OP, do realize that most of the Z Buzzz guys only have 2 years or less of playing exp. At that point I was also throwing a Z Buzzz, but I've since learned my mistake! :p

yea i didnt really have the z buzzz in mind at all but i stand committed to my promise. if it wins it wins and it goes in my bag.

OP, do realize that most of the Z Buzzz guys only have 2 years or less of playing exp. At that point I was also throwing a Z Buzzz, but I've since learned my mistake! :p

Yeah Buzzz throwers are stupid and now way are any of them any good! Stupid Eric McCabe and Cale Leiviska and every other Discraft Pro. I've hear Nikko locastro throws buzzzes. What an idiot, I'm sure he'd be a better player without them. Maybe instead of improving 10-20 ratings points at each update with a tournament I would've improved 30-40 with a Roc! I'm also an idiot! OP, please don't get a Buzzz if you don't want to be a 1000 rated newb oneday.

if i'm picking your mid you are getting a whitler and using it as a mid, buy one now and report back in 6 years when you have mastered all of it's powers.

Yeah Buzzz throwers are stupid and now way are any of them any good! Stupid Eric McCabe and Cale Leiviska and every other Discraft Pro. I've hear Nikko locastro throws buzzzes. What an idiot, I'm sure he'd be a better player without them. Maybe instead of improving 10-20 ratings points at each update with a tournament I would've improved 30-40 with a Roc! I'm also an idiot! OP, please don't get a Buzzz if you don't want to be a 1000 rated newb oneday.

Whoa GCR_russell, I've been defending the Buzzz this whole time. I watch Cale and Drummond and Timmy Gill every week throw Buzzz's. What people don't realize is that within competition, they're almost always throwing the X-Buzzz. It's way more predictable for them over the Z.

Last edited:
Whoa GCR I'm defending the Buzzz. I watch Cale and Drummond and Timmy Gill every week throw Buzzz's. What people don't realize is they're almost always throwing the X-Buzzz. It's way more predictable for them over the Z.

Just having a little fun, and didn't realize you also threw buzzzes. Man they're things of beauty. X buzzzes aren't an option here with asphalt fairways.

So I have never thrown an X Buzzz, for those that have thrown both X and Z, out of the box, what differences should be expected?

Love my Z Buzzz, but just lost it, might try an X if it feels right.

@ New013 - not trying to thread jack, just though your OP might help me too.o:hfive:
Code:

Last edited:
So I have never thrown an X Buzzz, for those that have thrown both X and Z, out of the box, what differences should be expected?

Love my Z Buzzz, but just lost it, might try an X if it feels right.

@ New013 - not trying to thread jack, just though your OP might help me too.o:hfive:
Code:

Out of the box the X will have roughly the same stability as the Z but with a bit more glide and a little less fade. In no time at all they season in to their 'sweet spot' and stay there for what seems like forever. At high speeds it requires a tiny hyzer-flip for extremely straight shots with little to no fade. Also holds spike hyzers and anhyzers better than any other mid. Simply put, a seasoned X Buzzz will hold any line at almost any power you give it.

@ Russell: You really should try a X, you'd be surprised at how durable the rim on the X is and how long it'll retain it's flight properties. :thmbup: