• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Your Putter Evolution

Aviar > dart > ion > Rhyno > omega

DX Aviar > C-P3 > Planning to move back to Aviar molds. It's better to learn throw "normal" putters from the beginning than switch form overstable/shallow rimmed putters to normal putters after years of playing, I think. Better to do it now.

Pirahna-->Omega SS-->Blunt Gumbputt-->Challenger....not alot of molds for the number of years I guess. Especially when compared to the huge numbers of driver molds I have tried lately!

I'm gonna guess we are talking about putting here.

I used a KC Pro Aviar when I first started then a buddy of mine got me into Wizards nearly 11 years ago. So it's been Wizards ever since then.

Just messing around I have used all of the Gateway Putters,but when I was doing this the Wizard was always putted with first. :thmbup:

pure-spike-ion-voodoo-magic-warlock-sinus-summit-ridge-breaker-pure-jokeri-spike-pure-ridge-anode-ion-wizard

Last edited:
Aviar-->Dart-->Wizard-->Rhyno-->Ion-->Pig-->Judge-->Warden-->Judge

Seems to me that I blame the disc for not going in the basket. I've settled on the Judge for now, using the Pig/Rhyno for situational shots. Now I drive with a First Run tangerine Classic, approach with a baby blue Classic (broken in very nicely, very straight, no fade), and putt with white Classic softs.

man, i'm sure i can remember all of the molds i've tried but at this point the order might be a bit off

after my first driver i bought a dx spider i used as a mid and putter

first true putter was a bullet xd, then se rhyno, pro rhyno, jk aviar, wizard, pro rhyno, wizard, eco dart, ce rhyno, wizard, pure, ridge, judge, ridge, wizard

really i think i could putt fairly well with just about anything inside the circle. the wizard does everything for me but after a while i get it stuck in my head that i need something a bit lower profile than a wiz, and inside the circle it'll do fine but just isn't the same as the wiz when it comes to approaching and driving.

so at the moment i've got a healthy stash of tasty wizards and don't see myself going away from them any time soon. i've added a rhyno to the bag again, but it's more used as a utility putter.

Pure -> Judge -> Mercy
Sometimes I think of going back to the Pure - mainly to reduce the amount of molds in my bag.

Oh ya, and I started throwing a Zone for the overstable lines and forehands. Great compliment to the Pure because they are really similar in grip/shape, but the Zone is super overstable.

Aviar > Dart > Vibram Summit (x-link) > Vibram Sole (x-link) > Vibram Sole (soft)

The Aviar and Dart have left my bag completely now. I currently only use vibram discs at this point. I have all of the Vibram putters with the exception of the Ridge. I use them all depending on the shot. If you haven't had the pleasure of throwing a soft compound Vibram disc, I highly recommend you give one a shot.

Magnet--> P2 ---> Clutch. I have thrown other putters, upshot 2's, aviars, money putters, voodoos... But never more than a couple of rounds. I have used the clutch for about 6 months and really like it.

Aviar --> Magnet --> Omega SS --> PURE!

Love the shallow putters and I also use a Tank/Pro Rhyno from time to time if need be.

pure-spike-ion-voodoo-magic-warlock-sinus-summit-ridge-breaker-pure-jokeri-spike-pure-ridge-anode-ion-wizard

also, forgot the PA4.

yeah, i ran through putters (and everything else!!) like freaking crazy in an attempt to find "the one". i realize now it was obviously me and not the putter, but my favorites remain the pure, the anode/ion, the summit and ridge and wizard.