• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

10KLDG - Minnesota Disc Golfers Unite

Openhouse? What happens there?

I suppose you're taking 52 down to La Crosse - and it might be too late by the time you get to Roch area? I'd be down to play St. Charles sometime in the near future...

Cool.

I think I'll make it Tuesday that I'll make my way up to GGGT and going to play a round somewhere, maybe kenwood.

Kenwood Trail in Lakeville is off limits during school hours and that includes after school activities which I believe go until 5ish. It is a dumb rule unless they changed it, the course is only open weekends or after 5 which is no issue if your big into night rounds Mr. Dewgarita.

Kenwood Trail in Lakeville is off limits during school hours and that includes after school activities which I believe go until 5ish. It is a dumb rule unless they changed it, the course is only open weekends or after 5 which is no issue if your big into night rounds Mr. Dewgarita.

Everyone is aware of the time restraints it has. They have no changed it, at least not to my knowledge.

Oh yeah - that's why I was planning on coming on Saturday in the first place... I can't keep all of these timing things in line.

Whatever, I'll play some course on Tuesday at some time while I'm in town.

Yeah I figured I would give you the heads up because my dumb a$$ showed up there at about 1pm and I was told that if people keep coming during the day the place won't be around very long which would be sad, I like some of those technical courses. Yeah it is fun to just let it fly but also to navigate some tough woods.

Both days off from teaching, this Friday and Monday, so I am going to put 5 to 6 hours each day at GGGT. I am looking to sneak out Sunday after church for some serious throwing.

I am also in the process of getting a 9 hole course installed at my church. The proposal and everything is already done and has been presented. What I want to do next is re-sight the lines to make sure those are the nine holes I want, find some alternate pin placements, and generally just play it. I am also looking for input if anyone wants to come out Saturday from 1ish to 4ish and play a temp course that hopefully will someday soon be permanent.

I am also looking for input if anyone wants to come out Saturday from 1ish to 4ish and play a temp course that hopefully will someday soon be permanent.

I can't make it Saturday, but if it's marked (or you have a map) I could go take a look at it sometime.

I can't make it Saturday, but if it's marked (or you have a map) I could go take a look at it sometime.

I did use leftover orange flags from the Discraft Ace Race, but they were trashed within a week or two. No one else goes out there, so it must have been an animal.

The map I have is from google earth, so it would get you with a few feet of what I am thinking, but it is better to see it in person.

6887556719_2714e2d95f.jpg

Quick run down:

Hole 1 follows a row of pine trees, creating a slight uphill right turn. Open grass straight ahead, no shot through the pine trees. A few of the lower branches, about three, will have to be removed to make it a soft right turn.

Hole 2 has a slow elevation drop. The basket is next to a small tree and some shrubbery. The park land behind it is OB, but it is so thick that it acts like a wall and no OB has been marked.

Hole 3 starts next to the community garden so that the garden never comes into play on the course. It is a short, maybe 120-150 foot shoot. It is framed between two small, stunted trees. All trees on this land are stunted and short, there is something about this land that makes it difficult for anything but shrubbery to grow.

Hole 4 plays around the corner of the park land, creating a mando (which only comes into play if you are overhanding a shot here). The OB line does come into play but the basket is far enough away where it should not be an issue. The basket is blind from the basket because trees on the park can grow to full maturity. Not knowing the layout, you may confuse Hole 6's basket for Hole 4.

Hole 5 is short that runs diagonal across the back corner of the lot. The straight line intersects with the OB line at a 45 degree angle. The basket is approximately 25 feet from the OB. There is a drop zone for drives that go OB. The straight line has two small trees you will have to shoot through, about ten feet apart. The RHSH or LHBH will skim the OB line but fade back in. A strong RHBH or LHFH will fade towards this line.

Hole 6 shoots over the tallest of the shrubbery on this land. It is cleaner for RHBH here. The basket is protect by a half moon bowl of small trees, again favoring RHBH here.

Hole 7 is technically a tunnel shot. The tall shrubbery does over a four foot wide gap straight at the basket. There is an evergreen bush on the right hand side that forces you to either go out way right and fade back, or have a super straight shot up the gap. The shrubbery can easily be shot over so there is a RHFH or LHBH shot.

Hole 8's tee is close to Hole 7's basket, but is protected by a large evergreen bush/tree. The current placement is across an old softball field with the basket just off third base on foul ball territory. There is a line of small, but actual trees lining the side of the road that could act like a wall to keep your second shot from going into the OB street. However, the gaps between the trees are wide enough where going OB should be in your mind. I would call it about 550 feet.

Hole 9 is very manufactured but I still like the shot. It is technically an island as it plays between the street and parking lot. The basket sits in the corner of this strip of land and at its nearest point is 30 feet from OB. The whole shot is about 280 feet with a depression in the middle. Because of the length of OB, we need to have drop zones so someone could not overshoot the basket and simply walk back close for a drop in circle 3. However, we did not want to have a close drop zone for those who go out of bounds early. We tested about 100 shots here and only 5 went into the parking lot where cars COULD be. I have already talked to the pastor about this and so far I have an endorsment to keep this hole. I like the idea of being here because it and Hole 8 are the only ones you can see from the road.

Anyway, what I want to do this Saturday and or Sunday is to go out and find alternate pin locations.

if I have the funds and a way to get there I was thinking of going. I haven't played there, which only makes me want to play it more. As for convincing you... Do you have anything better going on that weekend?

Latest posts