• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

13 disc bag limit...

This is what I played my last round with.

1. Opto Saint
2. Opto River
3. Champion Teebird
4. Star Leopard (interchangeable with the River)
5. KC Pro Roc
6. DX Shark
7. McPro Aviar

And I have backups of these, plus some other miscellaneous stuff.

Not exactly true. In PGA events they have "The 1 Ball Rule". Basically players have to use the same type of ball for the entire round. Additionally, they must hole out using the same ball they teed off with.

Yes, but they can carry 18 of those golf balls (or 118, or more, if they wanted to punish their caddie). And substitution of a ball is allowed if it becomes SEVERELY damaged during play. There's no limit on how many of that one kind of golf ball they can carry.

But yeah, the "one ball rule" prevents someone from using a "distance ball" on a par five, and a "spinny ball" on a par three (or something like that - the actual importance of the One Ball Rule has decreased quite a bit lately with urethane covered professional balls - it mattered a lot more when you had Pinnacle/Top-Flite vs. balata).

But that's almost like saying a disc golfer can carry as many minis as they want. Clubs == discs in this analogy. I'd be in favor of a limit to the number of discs a disc golfer can carry. 14 might even be a good number. Maybe 18, since disc golfers can lose discs more readily than a golfer can "lose" clubs. Maybe 20, but six have to be designated as "backups" that can only be used when a disc is lost.

But anyway, I like a limit.

Last edited:
I usually only throw 13 or less discs.
3 Classic Judges
1 DX Roc
1 KC flat top Roc
1 Ti Wasp
2 Star Teebirds
1 Star Firebird
1 Lucid Renegade
2 Lucid Trespasses

And maybe a Saint but my Teebirds take that spot mostly

We should be allowed at least; 1 stable, 1 straight, and 1 understable each of driver, mid, and putter. So that's at least 9 discs.

But I like to carry a fairway driver for shots between a driver and mid. So we need to add 1 disc. Or maybe 3, so we can have stable, straight and understable fairway drivers too. So that's 10 (maybe 12) discs.

I don't like to throw my putting putter, so that's 11 (13) discs.

A super understable disc for rollers, 12 (14) discs.

A super overstable disc for head wind or forehand, 13 (15) discs.

So, 15 discs seems to represent all the throws in my bag and arm. (There would need to be a provision for replacing lost discs.)

We are playing against the course. I want all my tools to beat the course. I have never heard anyone say that they lost a tournament because their opponent was carrying more discs.

CFR Teedevil
Star Valkyrie
Blizzard Boss
Eagle-X
CFR Glow Teebird - thumber
AJ Teebird
S-PD proto mold
Glow ROC3
DX Flattop ROC
DX Flattop ROC
SE Z Drone - utility disc
KC Pro Aviar-X
Medium Wizard - wind putter

Pro Destroyer
D3
ESP Surge
Star Wraith
GL Saint
Champ Viking
GL River
Star Teebird
Neutron Volt
(2) Z Buzzz
M3 (Now the M2...)
RFF Wizard

Maybe I'm not good enough for it to matter but I carry like 8-12 discs at any given time and I rarely think: "man if I just had this other disc". Granted I don't bother throwing max D drivers since I don't have the power to do it. So I could see needing 15-18. But for my level 13 is plenty.

Other thing is it's hard to lose a golf club. This system pretty much eliminates the ability to carry backups. I like the idea tho

Judge
Judge
Roc
Roc
Comet
Pred
Teebird
FD

Don't even know what else I'd carry besides backups

In PGA events they have "The 1 Ball Rule". Basically players have to use the same type of ball for the entire round. Additionally, they must hole out using the same ball they teed off with.

I'm not familiar with that rule. The last time I played a PGA event you could change balls anytime you were allowed to pick up the ball. Generally on the green, but there are times (e.g. rain/mud) where you could pick your ball up to clean or replace it.

One Ball Rule

One time ... this guy tossed his ball to his caddy after marking it. The caddy missed the ball, which went into a lake. The guy was stroked when he couldn't recover it.

We should be allowed at least; 1 stable, 1 straight, and 1 understable each of driver, mid, and putter. So that's at least 9 discs.

But I like to carry a fairway driver for shots between a driver and mid. So we need to add 1 disc. Or maybe 3, so we can have stable, straight and understable fairway drivers too. So that's 10 (maybe 12) discs.

I don't like to throw my putting putter, so that's 11 (13) discs.

A super understable disc for rollers, 12 (14) discs.

A super overstable disc for head wind or forehand, 13 (15) discs.

So, 15 discs seems to represent all the throws in my bag and arm. (There would need to be a provision for replacing lost discs.)
:thmbup:

This is how my bag is set up with a couple of Vibrams added for when I need the rubber to absorb a throw and stay.

1. Star Destroyer
2. Champion Wraith
3. Champion Roadrunner
4. Champion Leopard
5. DX Beast
6. Champion Whippet
7. DX Flat Top Roc
8. Champion Roc3
9. Star Mako
10. R-Pro XD
11. Pro Pig
12. JK Pro Aviar

I have a Blizzard Ape in the bag but rarely use it.

I like this concept, and it would be interesting to see pros adhere to it as well.

For me:

1. Opto Fury
2. Champ Teebird
3. Opto Diamond
4. Lucid Truth
5. VIP Tursas
6. Opto Pain
7. Opto Pure
8. Zero Hard Pure
9. Medium VP
10. Soft Summit
11. Opto Trident

I'd use the last two spots for either practice putters or backup drivers. I think if you limited this to in the bag, but opened it up to backups being allowed if you lost a disc, then it might fly a little more.

Putters:
P&A Aviar
Opto Pure
ESP Zone

Midrange:
KC Roc x 2
Champ Roc3
ESP FLX Drone

Fairway Drivers:
Glow Champ Teebird
Star TL
Star Leopard x 2

Distance Drivers:
Champ Firebird
Prodigy D4

Star Destroyer (2)
Star Roadrunner
Champ Monster
Star Eagle (3)
KC Roc (3)
KC Aviar (3)

Looking at that list, I'm starting to wonder why I carry 20...:confused:

I guess I usually carry a Valkyrie plus 6 backups for practice shots. It's nice to have the Valk, which gives me an extra 40-50' over my Eagles, but I could go without it if I had to.

1. Zero Soft Pure
2. Lucid Suspect (lighter weight)
3. Fuzion Suspect
4. VIP Tursas
5. Star Cro
6. Opto Trident
7. Opto Diamond
8. Neutron Volt
9. Neutron Shock
10. GL Vision
11. VIP Sword
12. VIP AIR Giant
(not sure if I would need this last one)
13. Zero Soft Spike (might would go with an Opto Pure instead)

14 disc would be parallel to Ball golf

3 putters
main wizard
flippy wizard
backup wizard
2 mids
main buzz
backup buzz
4 drivers
main eagle
backup eagle
valkyrie