• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

13 disc bag limit...

PDGA could in theory make a disc limit if they wanted whether the manufacturers wanted them to or not. Probably hurts the bag companies more than the disc manufacturers. The number of discs a person can carry doesn't necessarily affect how many they buy. Most of us have way more than we carry...

Sounds arbitrary, but 20 should be enough even with a backup or 2.

I carry about 24 but throw 90% of my shots with half that many.

I think 20 would be reasonable. Because discs are both our clubs and balls (so to speak) I think you'd need to allow for backups, or if you lose a disc, allow a player to immediately replace it with the same disc?

Last edited:
If I Had to do 13:

Old SS Wizard that has been my putting putter for almost 9 years.
Soft N Proxy
N Envy
Soft N Envy
ESP Zone

Beat PFN S-TB Teebird
Seasoned but not Flippy S-TB Teebird
Slightly worked in 11x Champion Teebird
Z Machete

PFN Star Sidewinder
PFN Star Wraith (flippier)
PFN Star Wraith (Straighter)
Champion Wraith (Could also use a meathook embossed Destroyer in this slot. Or a TeeRex).

Apparently if I'm held to 13 I won't be throwing mids. Envies get the job done there anyway.

It was neat to see this thread come back around. I saw my selections from five years ago and a few things have changed. My baker's dozen would look like this now...

- Splatter Shryke
- Star Destroyer
- Metal Flake Teebird3
- Pro Teebird
- Star TL
- Metal Flake Firebird
- Color Glow Firebird
- ESP Buzzz OS
- Titanium Buzzzz
- Pro Shark
- Ti-FLX Zone
- Eraser Wizard
- Super Soft Magic

Prime Judge-putter
Classic blend judge- upshots and short drives
Esp zone- os upshots
Cline MD3
Pinnacle guage
Pinnacle Patriot
Pinnacle Rival
Star firebird
Glow champ roadrunner
S-line pd
Pro Wraith
Broken in star wraith
Fresh star wraith

This is my bag minus a luicd judge that I use on short drives, a 156 g firebird that I use for overhead shots and two extra prime judges that I use to practice before my round.

I think my normal bag is about 13 discs soooo

Tern
Shryke
Scythe
Beast
Sidewinder
Spark
TL3
Manta
Mako3
Roc3
Comit
Aviar3
Aviar

That's my max bag and I rarely carry them all lol. I usually don't need the spark (thumber disc) or shryke (big turnover shots) or roc3 (overstable mid that the champ mako3 can usually replace if it's calm out).

PDGA could in theory make a disc limit if they wanted whether the manufacturers wanted them to or not. Probably hurts the bag companies more than the disc manufacturers.
Probably means a rule that becomes an enforcement headache for TD's and players and isn't worth the trouble, which I think is the primary criticism of it. Much like discs, bags have plenty of application outside of PDGA events.

Destroyer x 2
Wraith x 1
Firebird x 2
Teebird x 1
M3 x 2
M4 x 2
Wizard x 2
Magic x 1

Latest posts