• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

13 Original Colonies Roadtrip

I was there at the end of May, was not overgrown and had no problem finding where the next tee was. Heinous teepads? While not all the same I didn't mind, better than all dirt like Leonard park in NY. I'd play Ninigret in the rain or just after, Leonard wouldn't think about it. Now if I had the courses within a short distance that the locals do, I'd probably over look this course to, except during the week for a league night if it was close to home. And a 2.2 rating? 3.5 is more like it. Signs, baskets, decent scenery, short holes, longer holes, and it's like no other out there. I compare it to Iroquois park here in Louisville, it's a nice course just not as challenging as those near it, it's a feel good course unless your having a bad day.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't see it as anywhere near a 3.5. I rated it a 2.0. That green monster thing was about as stupid a gimmick as I've seen on a course.

Avoid rush hour in DC, Baltimore, Phila and NY. Take 287/Tappanzee Bridge around NYC and not thru NYC on 95/GW/$12 bridge. I'd skip Rhode Island. Be sure to play Warwick in NY. Got EZ Pass?

No EZ pass. Would that benefit me on a short, one-way run? Where will it give me access?

Why are going up eastern shore md instead of going through northern va? Much better courses in spotsy va area than eastern md. If you do this trip in the summer beware of beach traffic. DC area traffic sucks although it's not nearly a bad in august as the rest of the year. Rt 301 is a good alternate to 95 from spotsy va to north md.

I have played some in N VA, and never seen the Del Marva. Seeing some new places is what I'm looking to do. Line isn't set in stone though. Hoping the traffic doesn't give me too much headache.

It would be a crime to drive all that way to play Smugglers Notch and not go a little further north to Black Falls. Also agree that Warwick and Joralemon are must plays.

Traveling with a dog, and I think they are prohibited there. Looks like a great course, though.

If Seneca Creek stays on your list and you would like a guide (or just someone to play with), shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can meet your schedule. The course is pretty sweet right now - they did a beautiful job of grooming for some recent tournaments.

Eagle Member

Courses Played: 24
If Seneca Creek stays on your list and you would like a guide (or just someone to play with), shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can meet your schedule. The course is pretty sweet right now - they did a beautiful job of grooming for some recent tournaments.

Thanks, I may take you up. It would likely be early in the trip, the 17th or so. I like to hear good things on the plotted courses.

Last edited:
Sunday the 17th should be good. Druid Hill Open is on the 16th, FYI.

No EZ pass. Would that benefit me on a short, one-way run? Where will it give me access?

what it would do is allow you to use the high speed toll booths. occasionally, the others backup and it makes a difference. depends on the time of day.

for a one time trip, i wouldnt bother getting one

missed my edit window but as far as google maps, the times should be accurate. just make sure you arent driving through key areas at rush hour. if you can, be at a course during those times of day

and like someone else said, definitely take the tappan zee. from the jersey turnpike, take the garden state parkway north to 87/287 east then 287 back to 95. (ive driven from maine to georgia/florida many many times)

if you were to not play cranbury for some reason, take 684 from 287 to 84 and then straight to wickham

as a local, i would not suggest ninigret this time of year. it is pretty much unplayable. if you come through on a wednesday you could play the best course RI has ever had though

as a local, i would not suggest ninigret this time of year. it is pretty much unplayable. if you come through on a wednesday you could play the best course RI has ever had though

Please tell me more. I'm playin in RI somewhere. May be able to make Wednesday work.

If I'm not too late...

Along your route there are several "must play" courses in Western NY right on or real close to your intended route.

- Black Diamond at Emery Park in South Wales.
- A stop at a private course, Hawk's Landing in Eden. Only $3 a round, a full service pro shop, and the best disc golf folks you'd ever want to meet, Doug and Mary Opiela.
- If history is what you're after Joseph Davis SP in Lewiston isn't too far off your route. Built in 1980 it's certainly one of the oldest 18 hole courses (now 27) in the country.
- Then about 1/2 way between Buffalo & Rochester there is Shore Winds Disc Golf Course at Lakeside Beach SP. 2 courses to choose from. The White & The Blue Monster. The views along Lake Ontario on 13 & 14 of the Blue Course are spectacular.

In and around Rochester there are Chili & Parma, both courses are quality venues.

Good luck on your trip.

Please tell me more. I'm playin in RI somewhere. May be able to make Wednesday work.

previously listed as willow valley farm, the course was only ever really intended to be used for one tournament, but alas stayed open with private use years after.

the course started to see more traffic last year then was really welcome, and with a slew of randoms degrading the property it was closed entirely for 8 months or so. it has since been reopened for wednesday night random doubles.

When planning a trip like this get in touch with some locals along your travel path.. You may find out that there are private courses that are not on this site. I know of at least 3 in the Richmond area that do not appear on DGCR.

Latest posts