• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

150 bag for an old fart

Ha I know right... it's going to be a lot like the switch. Hmmm it is a lot like the switch... was it more stable or less stable than you thought? That flat run was different from my first experience with the circuits, so I stocked up on them all 171. That's the first full weight drivers in the bag for me in a long time.

Definitely flippy in a headwind so I can see how hyzer flipping might not work. Nose up actually works with them a bit anyways.

Glad to see the proxy is holding your putting slot, it's a good disc :D and soft e envy.

171? have you moved to the dark side?:|

Ha I know right... it's going to be a lot like the switch. Hmmm it is a lot like the switch... was it more stable or less stable than you thought? That flat run was different from my first experience with the circuits, so I stocked up on them all 171. That's the first full weight drivers in the bag for me in a long time.

Rhythm is more stable than I expected for sure. Not easy to turn (which would have been fine), but with a surprisingly strong finishing fade. 150s G* Leopard3 is more what I was looking for - something I can hyzer flip to straight or toss RHBH with trouble left.

Glad to see the proxy is holding your putting slot, it's a good disc :D and soft e envy.

Yessir, both fine discs. I am both impressed and slightly annoyed by how long they take to beat in, even in Soft Electron.

Lost my last Origin while on the road so I picked up a couple of Halo Mako3's as replacements. Whoa, I might just have found my new favorite midrange. :D

I know a few folks had recommended the Mako3, so thanks!

Mako3 is taking a lot of throws from the Hex, so I might switch to Reactor as my stable mid for a bit better separation.

Lost my last Origin while on the road so I picked up a couple of Halo Mako3's as replacements. Whoa, I might just have found my new favorite midrange. :D

I know a few folks had recommended the Mako3, so thanks!

Mako3 is taking a lot of throws from the Hex, so I might switch to Reactor as my stable mid for a bit better separation.

This is blasphemous! :p

Usually carry 9 to 12 discs, depending on the course.

Distance:
157 Neutron Wave: Main distance driver, slightly understable and remarkably straight, flicks nicely. On windy days I may add a more beefy N Wave.
153 Fission Insanity: Understable but controllable, and just as long as my distance drivers so that's what I'm calling it.

Fairway:
157 Star TL: Nearly stable and workable.
152 G* Leopard: New to the bag and predictably understable, so I'm testing whether the Star Hawkeye still has a role.

Midrange:
167 Neutron Hex: Do-it-alll stable and workable midrange. Sometimes I carry a Reactor instead, and sometimes I carry both. Still working that out.
171 Neo Origin: Neutral to understable. I use this often for woods approaches that are beyond putter range.

Putters:
171 Electron Soft Proxy: Main putter, understable approach.
172 Electron Soft Envy: Straight-stable approach disc.
172 Medium Harp: Overstable approach, headwind putts

Been a while, so here is a spring update:

153 Fission Wave in, Neutron Wave out. The new batch of Neutron Waves are domey and more stable than I want. Fission Waves are closer to the old Neutron Waves, but not quite as reliable in a headwind.

152 G* Leopard back in, after throwing G* Roadrunners for a while. A slower disc fits my understable fairway slot better, especially as my throws get shorter. 🙁

171 XT Pro Mako3 in, Origin out. XT Mako3 fits that "longer putter" slot perfectly.

Otherwise everything is the same. Probably why I haven't updated for a while. 🤷‍♂️

That lightweight G* leopard intrigues me since I like G* plastic and I have a beat to snot pro leopard that will turn for days if I keep the nose down.

That lightweight G* leopard intrigues me since I like G* plastic and I have a beat to snot pro leopard that will turn for days if I keep the nose down.

I could see a G* Leo replacing a beat Pro. Doesn't take too much seasoning before it flips up and drifts gently right, even at my increasingly modest distance

Had a couple of *TLs flip on my in the spring winds (and probably bad form) so I tossed a Neutron Inertia in the bag for the first time in years. Whoa!

I remember why the Inertia was my main distance driver for so many years. Hmm, this could cause a driver shake-up. 🤔

Had a couple of *TLs flip on my in the spring winds (and probably bad form) so I tossed a Neutron Inertia in the bag for the first time in years. Whoa!

I remember why the Inertia was my main distance driver for so many years. Hmm, this could cause a driver shake-up. 🤔
Oooh you got my attention! It is a truly great disc, it makes me want to revisit mine as well, but I was having trouble getting my 158 fission Rhythm up to speed yesterday 😄 🤣 😂 f@#!...

I know it was the wave dabbling that shelved mine after a solid 4 yr run as my main driver.

Oooh you got my attention! It is a truly great disc, it makes me want to revisit mine as well, but I was having trouble getting my 158 fission Rhythm up to speed yesterday 😄 🤣 😂 f@#!...

I know it was the wave dabbling that shelved mine after a solid 4 yr run as my main driver.

I am sadly familiar with not getting drivers up to speed. 😞

Yeah the Neutron Inertia made me realize just how much I missed my old Neutron (or even Plasma) Waves. Perhaps I can use my Fission Insanity to replace the Fizz Waves.

Heck I might just go Inertia - Insanity - Leopard. I would love to simplify my drivers.

Yeah I always have a soft spot for the wave but trying to pick the right weight/plastic and angle for the extra 30' magic shot kinda lost out to a wider margin of error forgiveness and landing in the fairway... whatever disc that may be. The waves fun for dubs but not smart for me in a solo tourney, i dont always get it up to speed.

I'm still more likely to pack my stupid fission octane though, same kinda distance and a more reliable fade.

I wish the inertia would get more love.

Latest posts