• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 18 Holes...But only 1 Disc

Ive done this quite a few times, and a lot of the time the score comes down to putting.

The berg is an awful 1 disc round disc. It just doesn't go far, so unless we are talking 250' or less I am not picking it.

I have had great luck with a pro shark when I was throwing a ton of sharks for a while. I cannot putt a buzzz well at all...

I would say if I had to play any course blind with 1 disc right now, it would be a K1 Reko. Its like a mini buzzz that I can putt with.

Usually I use a DX Roc for one disc rounds, but right now I would say the RocX3. It flies pretty close to a fresh Roc for me, but easier for me to throw forehand than a Roc. I also feel fairly comfortable putting with it.

Really depend on the course and the wind. Something like this:
Regular Windy Right turn holes Wooded Hilly
Loooong course Amp? Valk? F Volt F Volt Amp Crave
Long Course F Volt F Volt/Crave F Volt Amp Crave
Medium course * Mako3/Axis Crave Mako3/Crave Blowfly II
Short course ** Mako3/Dart Crave Mako3 Blowfly II
Very short course Polecat Mako3 Blowfly Polecat Blowfly II

* Mako3/Z Comet/Shark/King Cobra/Axis/Vector/Flx Buzzz
** Polecat/Dart/Blowfly/Blowfly II/Blunt Gumbputt/Ion/Mako3

One disc for any course at random? Er, Mako/Mako3/Axis/Flx Buzzz... Mako3 has really been impressing me, distance isn't quite as good as Axis, but even straighter and putts better.

^Yeah, I know, overkill, but helped me sort out my thoughts. :eek:

Mako3 has really been impressing me, distance isn't quite as good as Axis, but even straighter and putts better.

One of the first two discs I bought was a Star Mako3, so before I got the Pink Panther that Mako3 was my "1-disc-round" disc. Mako3 is an awesome disc.

Almost 3 years later and my most recent 1 disc round on a home course was with my Alias. Such a great do everything disc.

Now I did play a shorter course with one of my Proxies the other day and had a balst. Imma have to try it on some of my longer home courses and see how it compares to the Alias.

Did a 1 disc round at my home course today with a Lucid Emac Truth, +1 and I usually average about -2 there, it was great for drives/ upshots, not so great for longer putts with a brisk wind

Did a 1 disc round at my home course today with a Lucid Emac Truth, +1 and I usually average about -2 there, it was great for drives/ upshots, not so great for longer putts with a brisk wind

Have you tried a 1 disc round with a Opto Compass? I really like the compass for more shots, I still have both in my bag and will normally default to the Emac but the Compass might be more versatile.

Right now I would probably have to go with the Star Aviar3. Its a great driving putter obviously, but it also favors my forehand upshots and works great as a putter. 2nd choice would be my KC Pro Roc, 3rd choice would be Champ Mako3.

Probably would bust out the classic roc. Holds hyzer and anny, basically a putter but usable as a mid. Maybe I'll get a star version so I don't ruin my DX now that it's OOP tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do this a few times a week with either an Ion or Proxy.

I still haven't ever thrown this course with a full bag....

Always has to be a putter for me. I don't like putting with mids, and putters fly plenty far if I'm not limited by a low ceiling.

I've probably answered this a few times already haha but, oh well

If Shorter Course:

Proton Atom 174g

If Longer Course:

Z Buzzz 175g

Fly Dye Champ Groove, because that's what people who only carry one disc are supposed to use.

.... duh.

Latest posts