• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1979 World Frisbee Golf Championship

that does sound like kasey kasem...

That is Kasey Kasem. I listen to the old rebroadcast of "American Top 40" from the 80's on XM Radio. They run them every Sunday, and there is no mistaken, that is his voice.

My favorite thing in the whole video is when he said "The tree and the building are "psychological hazards". I am going to use that the next time I am at the course and I have to go around a tree or something. Best line ever used in disc golf.

That is Kasey Kasem. I listen to the old rebroadcast of "American Top 40" from the 80's on XM Radio. They run them every Sunday, and there is no mistaken, that is his voice.
Where did the momentum go? Big cash prize. Kasey Kasem. This film would make you think that the sport already exploded. 30 years later and we're just barely getting exposure.

My favorite thing in the whole video is when he said "The tree and the building are "psychological hazards". I am going to use that the next time I am at the course and I have to go around a tree or something. Best line ever used in disc golf.
I'm going to use that when somebody is standing behind my line or in my peripheral.

If you believe conspiracy theorists...and I might... Innova "stole" the triangle edge disc from Wham-O, Wham-O got pissed and decided not to use their money on the sport because it wasn't their baby anymore.

While I don't see why it would be the BEST idea, I can kind of see Wham-O taking their disc and going home.

\/\/

I was looking at my old threads and thought this should get a bump because of recent threads about lids.

lol...takes the hole with a loooong, 10' putt!

great vintage footage. thanks for bumping it!

Disc Golf has been the fastest growing sport for 3 decades now.

I have to bump this every couple of months. Maybe it's because Casey Kasem's voice is so soothing

Latest posts