• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] 1st run Icon Gauge thoughts and reviews

First time throwing mine this morning . Reminded me of my esp meteor . Held an anhyzer like very nicely and came back a little at the end . Looking forward to throwing it more

why the hell are people complaining about the plastic. i just got mine out of the mail and this icon blend feels just like the production run icon patriots and the grippy icon cannons. yeah its not super pearly like some of the other icon blends, but so what.

to me this icon blend feels like a grippy star.

I have to agree ^ I don't think the plastic feels slippery at all on my icon gauge. I like the flight of the disc now that I know how it will fly for me.

I have to agree ^ I don't think the plastic feels slippery at all on my icon gauge. I like the flight of the disc now that I know how it will fly for me.

How's it flying for you and what is your power level? I can't throw this for th time being. It's supposed to be a high of -5 the next few days.

why the hell are people complaining about the plastic. i just got mine out of the mail and this icon blend feels just like the production run icon patriots and the grippy icon cannons. yeah its not super pearly like some of the other icon blends, but so what. To me this icon blend feels like a grippy star.
scunham said:
How's it flying for you and what is your power level? I can't throw this for the time being. It's supposed to be a high of -5 the next few days.

I agree, the plastic feels great. It's 8 degrees, so I wasn't able to throw 100% but this is exactly what I was looking for to replace my last QMS. I ordered two, one yellow 180 grams and an orange, 175 grams. They both have some dome but the yellow was more on the flat side. It flies very straight with a bit of fade at the end. My footing was poor, so I wasn't throwing very hard but it held up to a 13 mph headwind with no turn.

It rides an anny line just as well as the old QMS, just a slight angle and it will ride the line to the ground. It has a higher profile and more of a blunt nose but with more weight in the rim it is a faster disc. Not as fast as a Buzz or Truth but those have more fade and aren't able to glide on an anny the way the Gauge can. Looking forward to throwing it in better conditions.

why the hell are people complaining about the plastic. i just got mine out of the mail and this icon blend feels just like the production run icon patriots and the grippy icon cannons. yeah its not super pearly like some of the other icon blends, but so what.

to me this icon blend feels like a grippy star.

Well I guess I am one of the complainers. As you can see y my signature, I'm a Legacy fan. I gave my opinion that my yellow first icon Gauge seemed to be slick like the yellow first run Ghosts were. I've used my Gauge for 6 rounds now and the slickness is gone and its a great disc. I will be buying a second Gauge, non-yellow, and I will buy it at a brink and mortar shop instead of online, so I can feel the disc for slickness.

If this thread is asking for thoughts and reviews on the Gauge, I would have to say its a great straight to understable midrange that complements the Ghost perfectly. And in my experience, the yellow plastic started off slick and in a few rounds the slickness went away.

Come on Legacy, now bring on the Mongoose :clap:

After three rounds with my max weight blue gauge I gotta say I love the disc. I dont understand why everyone keeps saying that it is understable. It is just a stable straight flyer. Holds annys incredibly well and glides for days. Took my buzzz out of my bag for the first time and haven't missed it at all yet.

Understable for me as well… as well as everyone Ive seen throw it. ^ Sorry, but no comparison to a Buzzz. I was expecting it to be something its not I guess. (still love me some cannons rampages and rivals)

Well I guess im happy I got some freak gauge that turns less than any of my buzzzes. Ive even been able to park a 250 big hyzer hole with it.

Well I guess im happy I got some freak gauge that turns less than any of my buzzzes. Ive even been able to park a 250 big hyzer hole with it.

I have never thrown a Buzzz, but I agree that it isn't understable. My 180g yellow is straight with slight fade at the end.

Got one on Saturday. Reminds me of my Mako in feel and flight. Seems to have a toouch more fade at the end. Very easy to throw smooth with a soft fade to 250. Can use it for soft turnovers on longer shots. It's a very comfortable disc and should pair well with the ghost or a roc.

Got mine in the mail yesterday. I scored a 180 yellow with white stamp. It's a little more gummy than I was expecting compared to my first run icon Ghost. I was only able to toss it around for some putts in the back yard as I got home after dark. Im looking forward to taking it out for a round today. From what I could tell it is going to be a nice compliment to my Ghost/Rocs, I will try to give a better review once I get to open up and really throw it. I am real interested in the turnover of this thing. Hoping it fades at least like my Fuse.

I've liked the fuse a lot for turnovers myself and am hoping the gauge can get me similar lines. We've actually had a winter for a change so I haven't had as much time with it as I'd like.

I was able to get out today for a nine hole round and I tried to throw the Guage on every hole whether it was from the tee or on the approach. I was very impressed with how controllable it was and how much glide it had. It easily was able to hold every line that I tried with it. From a crushing 300+hyzer tee shot to a gradual turnover off the tee this disc held true. It also flicked well when I needed it to punch out of trouble. I was very impressed with it. It actually covered more shots than I was expecting. I can see this gobbling up the majority of my midrange shots once I get to use it a little more. It feels very comfortable in my large hands. I could see it possibly being an awkward fit in smaller hands, but it feels great to me. I am very excited about this disc. I also love the feel of the gummier Icon plastic. It has much better grip than my first run icon Ghost. Loving the Legacy line up.

Latest posts