• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2011 Ace Race Putter

^^^Cheater!!!

I havent found one yet other wise I would be doing the same thing... lol

haha... ya. I wasn't even trying to track one down, just kinda fell into my lap on a recent road trip. I can promise you that it won't help me at all.

I've thrown one around, and wasn't too impressed. I'll see what happens at the ace race though

..played the ace race and had an ace with the pro d. I liked the pro d version much better than the esp. The esp was way too understable for my tatse.

..neither one will make my bag.

..played the ace race and had an ace with the pro d. I liked the pro d version much better than the esp. The esp was way too understable for my tatse.

..neither one will make my bag.
Understable? Really? My Pro D (pink) was significantly less stable than the ESP. The weight difference was probably a factor though.

..my esp was ridiculously understable. Actually flipped on jump putts in practice. I used it for the longer anhyzer ace runs.

..the pro d was stable. I used it 90% of my ace run attempts. I have other plastic I trust much more than the ace run edition 2011 discs.

...and What's the disc's name?

Any name suggestions?

I nominate TITAN.

(...also ORBIT... but TITAN is better, I think.)

Other notables: JUGGERNAUT

Some seem to like Asteroid, though I'm not sold on it...

Is this going to be the 2nd not released Ace Race disc?

i hope not, it's a good disc and fills a spot in discraft's lineup. besides the rattler i don't think they have any lid-style discs. i love the rattler but they don't make it in premium plastic which is a bummer.

I hated that disc. But I don't throw putters. Hell, I putt with a soft R-Pro Ontario Roc. I couldn't get at good grip on it at all with that deep rim. And it definetely flipped over. I had a hard time not getting it to go right on me. Everyone was commenting on how it felt like a Wizard. It does, but it is a much larger diameter disc than a Wizard.

i really liked these discs, this was my first ace race and i was worried i'd run into trouble with some bad throws, but this thing flew pretty straight, it held a line very well.

I got a 178g red pro-d that felt like a soft magnet, and a 181g yellow ESP that has firm rim with soft star-like grip. They flew very straight from 70'-120'. We had one 180' hole in which I threw the ESP on both rounds. The ESP flew straight for 100' then started turning hard left. Overall, they both threw straight for short approaches. They certainly roll forever, people throwing rollers in a nearby field! I didn't throw many hysers during the actual ace race but, I did notice on other's throws that they held very clean hyser lines. It's like others have said, a comet-type approach putter. Nice disc but didn't make my bag, I may re-visit it if I need another slower stable approach disc.
Name suggestion = Nimbus or Cow Patty

I couldn't get the hang of it either, although I do like it. I think it's partially due to my backhand form still not being it's best.

I got a 182 ESP that was near FLX and a 182 Pro D that was really stiff. All I can say is they go where they are thrown and don't come back from anhyzers.

I like it. More so than the last couple ace race discs. I won an Ace Race yesterday with 1 ace and 5 metal hits... this disc is accurate if nothing else.

Anyone that wants to trade theirs away, feel free to come to me.

oh... and I won a distance competition by throwing the pro-d 350ft... so they can be thrown prett far too.

I don't really care for it as a putter but it's a versatile short approach disc. What I've found it to be good at is holding any line under about 100' or so, especially annys.

I really liked the disc. I had just one metal hit in the first round as I was getting used to it. In the second round I got the hang of it and put a ton of throws under the basket, but managed to score three aces and three additional metal hits for the win.

After a couple dings, the Pro-D really got a nice flight. With a little hyzer and only a little snap, it flipped up for a very nice straight flight. I still haven't gotten a good feel for the ESP one, but the Pro-D is money. Will definitely find a place in my bag for short approach once it's PDGA approved.

oh... and I won a distance competition by throwing the pro-d 350ft... so they can be thrown prett far too.

so i say i can throw it 300+ and everyone is up in arms but he says 350 and nobody challenges him?

at least i ended up on the home page of the ace race