• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th

I do an on attending the singles round @ Gordon.
In regards to the other rounds I have a couple questions about the format.
1.) what is survivor golf?
2.) in the doubles round, is it byop or are you assigned someone?
Thanks in advance for the answers and I look forward to meeting everyone @ Gordon.

Bill

Survivor golf is pretty fun. You start with the group of golfers and everyone plays the hole. Highest score on that hole is eliminated and the rest of the group moves on to the next hole. You repeat until there is only one person left standing.

For the doubles round I was thinking either random draw, or using the singles round score to do hi-lo, lowest score gets paired with the highest.

If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to post them.

Alright guys the first post has been updated. For those of you camping check out the camping section. We need to start collecting the money for campsites and get those reserved as soon as possible to ensure we get good sites. (Shaded, secluded, etc)

I'll be PMing anyone who has confirmed camping to let them know.

If anyone that's camping has any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

As far as the shirts, they can definitely have whatever we want on them, although I think we would need to modify #90's stamp a little bit to get it just right. I will PM crazypep and see if we can get something together. Basically the Ohio DGCR 2011 will be on the front, breast pocket size, and then maybe we can just put the state with the courses marked on the back.

The only problem I see with #95 being the disc stamp is it actually looking good as a stamp. The discs will be all different colors so (this may be backwards) everything in white (might be everything in black) is going to be red/blue/orange etc, not just black and white. I don't know if that makes sense to everyone or if you can picture that in your head?

I know the specs also mentioned that anything directly in the center of the discs may be blurred or drop out because of the sprue (the circle on the underside of the discs). So part of #95's maybe be a little blurry or whatever in the center.

Last edited:
the only catch with the logos on the shirts is the company printing them will also be putting their logo somewhere on the t-shirt. I know for sure they will be putting a logo on the end of one of the sleeves, and I'm pretty sure they said in order to get the deal we're getting they will be either putting it on the front or the back as well.

Just so y'all are aware of that.

And the discs MUST have a date on them. Doesn't matter how big or small, they just have to as determined by the manufacturers.

the only catch with the logos on the shirts is the company printing them will also be putting their logo somewhere on the t-shirt. I know for sure they will be putting a logo on the end of one of the sleeves, and I'm pretty sure they said in order to get the deal we're getting they will be either putting it on the front or the back as well.

Just so y'all are aware of that.

And the discs MUST have a date on them. Doesn't matter how big or small, they just have to as determined by the manufacturers.

I thought the folks at Paragon said on the sleeve and we get single color print front and back. I emailed them a few days ago to get the specs, but I just shot them another email to make sure.

For sure the date will be on there. I went ahead and emailed Innova and got the list of discs since I hadn't heard back from you. The dude over there let me know what the qualifications are for ordering 50 discs seems pretty straight forward. He also said that as long we we have the orders in three weeks before it will be no problem so I'll probably go ahead and bump the deadline back a bit as well, probably like the 31st or so.

Crazypep said he should get a chance to work on the logos a bit more here soon so look for that coming soon guys. I will probably edit the first post with the final options to choose from as soon as they are available and we'll go from there.

Last edited:
Had a couple folks pay for their camping already, woot :thmbup:, thanks guys. Hopefully I'll have the campsites reserved by the second week of August and we should be able to get some nice shady sites for everyone.

If there's anyone that plans on camping that hasn't contacted me, let me know so I can make sure to reserve plenty of campsites for everyone.

It's all coming together guys, it should be great time.

Just wanted to remind everyone to pick up a DGCR Travel Tag before the meet. There were already be a couple of us there with our tags and it would be awesome to be able to do a few trades.

Alright, so I heard back from Paragon about the print on the shirts. Good news is that we can have full front and back, or breast print and full back, either way the only place their logo will be is on the sleeve.

Bad news, they are out of the colors I wanted to order, lol, of course. How does everyone feel about pink, lol?

I'd prefer not pink... I make pink look chunky...

is anyone else camping just Friday night? I'd like to go & camp just Friday....also how is it working with tents & stuff? Or?

thanks,
sean

I don't know if anyone else is staying just Friday, but I know some folks are staying just Saturday. You are more than welcome to come out for just one night. They allow two tents at each site and I'm sure we could probably get away with five tents on two sites. Apathetic and disc_b0k will be crashing in my tent, they're my normal camping and disc golf crew, so that will be three of the people camping in one tent.

Lol, I was just messing around about the pink, however I do like your response.

if you can PM me & let me know what I'd owe for Friday night....

my wife bought me a pink dress shirt & I thought I could pull it off...NOPE! Lol

also she won't let me buy a portable basket to bring....

i'm gonna be a maybe on the players pack- just noticed the discs are gonna be innova, and since i don't throw any innova... maybe someone will want to trade?

i'm gonna be a maybe on the players pack- just noticed the discs are gonna be innova, and since i don't throw any innova... maybe someone will want to trade?

Unfortunately it's either Innova or Gateway for events of our size. Discraft stopped taking orders smaller than 100 discs, making them out of reach for smaller events. Honestly I don't throw Discraft, but I would have possibly went with them if they could have accommodated smaller events.

Just another reason why Innova is superior :p

Oh also wanted to mention that Innova also gives waaay better sponsorship incentives as well. Aka more free stuff (bags, straps, tshirts, hats) for prizes, at least you have to spend a lot less. Minimum amount to get free schwag at Innova is $300. Minimum to get free schwag at Discraft is $500.