• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Sept. 23rd, 24th & 25th

Made it home about an hour ago. I had such a great time guys, thanks so much to everyone who came out, donated, and just made it an all around good time. I can't wait for the next one and I'll be starting a new thread shortly for pics, stories, and other shenanigans.

Also big thanks to yrnmbrsup for the awesome first place singles prize. It really made a lot of people's day, especially the big winner Jay Dub.

Another big thanks to our campground den mother Leslie, Russell's wife. Geoff said breakfast was great and the coffee was a lifesaver. We'll get down your way soon.

Last edited:
To all of those that ordered a player's pack but didn't make the meet. I'll get with you in the next day or two to set up a way to get those to you.

What an awesome weekend! I know I've told her multiple times, but gotta give it up again to RT for organizing this meet! It was a much needed dose of relaxation and sanity. Can't wait to see all the pics once they're posted as well.

home safe and sound and really diggin the whole experience with you guys- a nicer bunch couldn't have been asked for! les says she loves the new additions to her family. looking forward to the next time- even if it's in cleveland. jk! (les says "cleveland rocks!") sorry i didn't introduce myself to techno, and that chipstar couldn't make it to trade discs. maybe next time! still killin me that i graduated h.s. w/ hipster. and lookin forward to throwing with him and jaydub in the near future. good times:thmbup:
and of course, thanks again to roadtripstuff

Last edited:
does kinda suck i can't, with good conscience, count Brent as a course played :( guess i'll just have to go back!

2011 Ohio DGCR Meet: Comes with a side of Awesome Sauce!!!

Made it home: Safe, sound, happy... and quite wiped out.

RT - BIG props for organizing this from soup to nuts; reserving the campgrounds, putting together a solid players pack, with crisp, cool logo and quality schwag! I could go on...
Not to be lost in all of this: FWIW, I think the bags tags look quite cool - very tastefully done, and a nice momento of the event. Bonus point for keeping costs waaaay down!!

YRNMBRS UP: Incredible job! That was quite the 1st prize. Speaks volumes as to the kind of person you are to offer that up to RT for the meet. I don't wanna spill the beans as to what it was, 'cause pix will get posted - but it looked totally awesome and was really nicely done.

To all the others who dontaed plastic, tix and other prizes - thanks for rounding things out with all the stocking stuffers (so to speak).

Leslie: Much thanks for feeding me and the quality conversation - so very glad you came along!

Everyone else: Thanks for the good times! I really enjoyed catching up with people I'd already met, meeting some some of you I sort of felt like I already knew from the forums, and others that were completely new to me or that I only knew of. Wish I could have spent more time with some of you, but there's always tomorrow.

Good schwag..... check.
Great courses..... check.
Even better people..... check.
It all ads up to an excellent weekend, that I won't soon forget... at least not until senility sets in.

P.S. to RT: Thanks to you, my course count is up to 77. When you visited in June, I think I had just cleared 50 or so... been quite a summer!

So glad to hear that everyone had such a great time!!!
I knew RT would host a kick ass event! :hfive:
And I've seen yrnmbrsup's prize, sick!

:p

(I expect to see all of you at the 2012 SoCal Meet Up! :thmbup:)

I can't say enough how much fun this meet was. It was my first of many meets to come and all the people made it so enjoyable! We all had great laughs and great experiences! Kinda makes me wanna set up a tent tonight! Oh well! back to the "real world" but I'm sure we will meet again! Thank you sooooo much RT for making this the best time possible. I'm sure we would all do it again in a heart beat! Thanks again for all of the hospitality and good times! Can somebody say 2012? :hfive:

Good Times!

Had a great time this weekend, looking forward to the next meet. I'm still hurting from not bringing home that sweet 1st place trophy. Had I known I had a chance I would've concentrated more on those errant 10 ft putts:wall: I imagine the pain of this loss will fade in a decade or so but the memory.shall follow me to the grave. Congrats JW, well played sir. Truth be told I was late to the doubles round because I had to pull over and cry a few times. Again, I apologize for my tardiness.

Much gratitude and appreciation to RTS and friends for their efforts in putting together this epic event. In addition to her mojo skills as a disc golf event planner and organizer, RTS displayed some mad disc skills. She was a putting machine over the weekend, especially Sunday at Hembrick. Russell, do you recall when we charged Jimmy on that one hole? The Council of Last DGenerates Standing has deemed that offense shall be known forthwith as encroachment.

Looking forward to getting together with Russell and JW to play some local rounds.

Glow Groove - FTW!!!!!

That classic moment will forever be etched in my memory!
Never would have believed it flew pretty much the same before and after.
:hfive:

2012 Spring meet???

Thinking of doing this in early May in Toledo area, Ottawa, Parmalee, Vienna and Great Blue Heron, perhaps Carter Park if we can shoehorn it in.

I had such a great time at this one I couldn't stop thinking about the next.

Eric Vogelpohl
'Provider of glow round awesomesauce since 09/23/2011'

Yeah, would love to have another. Also was thinking it would be cool to do some around the corners of Ohio. Like one at Recreation Park in Bryan Ohio for a Ohio/Michigan/Indiana meet.

Had a great time this weekend, looking forward to the next meet. I'm still hurting from not bringing home that sweet 1st place trophy. Had I known I had a chance I would've concentrated more on those errant 10 ft putts:wall: I imagine the pain of this loss will fade in a decade or so but the memory.shall follow me to the grave. Congrats JW, well played sir. Truth be told I was late to the doubles round because I had to pull over and cry a few times. Again, I apologize for my tardiness.

Much gratitude and appreciation to RTS and friends for their efforts in putting together this epic event. In addition to her mojo skills as a disc golf event planner and organizer, RTS displayed some mad disc skills. She was a putting machine over the weekend, especially Sunday at Hembrick. Russell, do you recall when we charged Jimmy on that one hole? The Council of Last DGenerates Standing has deemed that offense shall be known forthwith as encroachment.

Looking forward to getting together with Russell and JW to play some local rounds.

Thank you, Sir! It was a pleasure meeting you and everyone else.
Russell and I might be playing Oxford next weekend. He has both of our numbers and we'll decide around Thursday or Friday. Hope you can make it.

Here's a pic of the sweet trophy without the plastic.

Sincerely, sorry for your pain. I know the feeling too well. :)

Attachments

• Ohio Meet goodies.jpg
    Ohio Meet goodies.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 36
So I came home, showered, and passed out. I slept better than I have in a long, long time.

Wanted to remind everyone that swapped travel tags to go to the tag section and submit your trades. Make sure you are switching the correct tag with the correct person.

I also wanted to say thanks to Eric for bringing out the zoo passes and the clock. Also thanks to Geoff, the winner of the survivor golf for letting me have the clock even though I came in second. My gf is even going to let me hang it in the living room, wooooot.

Ahhh, that glow Groove was one of the funniest things of the weekend. I will never forget that moment, lol. Thanks for the good times to Megan and her crew. Glad you all made it.

Also wanted to Congratulate all the winners:

Glow Round: Geoff (disc_b0k)
Singles: Jerry (Jay Dub)
Doubles Geoff (disc_b0k) and Caleb (Umbraphobia)
Survivor: Geoff (disc_b0k)

Had great time this weekend. Thanks Everyone for all the advise. I did have to rename some of my discs woodpecker and buzz saw. Really good time hope to see you all again next year.

Had great time this weekend. Thanks Everyone for all the advise. I did have to rename some of my discs woodpecker and buzz saw. Really good time hope to see you all again next year.

Ben showed up as a bogey-monster and went home with a deuce on his resume! That's some nice progression. :thmbup:

I hope RUSSELL, Dwayne and I didn't overload you with too much advise.