• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 PDGA Pro World Disc Golf Championships: Monterey Bay, California

Heres the volunteer package.
The coupon is a $40 dinner coupon for Champions Dinner.

The players received Keen shoes, Volunteers get them at half price, (About $45)

This is what volunteers got at check in, Maybe more to come.

DSC03739.jpg

DSC03735.jpg

DSC03733.jpg

DSC03741.jpg

Looks like I am headed down to watch the finals on Saturday. See you all there!

Just got back from vacation in Cali. We got to play Ryan Ranch and Pinto Lake. Both really good courses. We had fun playing even though our skills are far below what the courses were designed for. Also saw a lot of pros practicing.

Yes, in golf I believe PGA volunteers also pay. It insures your serious, and you get 200 bucks worth of gear. If you didn't pay every broke dreadlocked Birkenstock wearer would 'volunteer' and not much would get done.

That's one theory.

Yes, in golf I believe PGA volunteers also pay. It insures your serious, and you get 200 bucks worth of gear. If you didn't pay every broke dreadlocked Birkenstock wearer would 'volunteer' and not much would get done.

That's one theory.

That's sort of it. They don't want 100 people saying they will volunteer, think they have everything covered, then 90 of those people not show up. You pay, they give you gear back. It ensures quality volunteers that will show up. If you think its crazy, don't volunteer, simple as that. I know if/when I move the left coast I would be the first in line to give them my $60.

Nice stereotyping above, well done. Anyone know the schedule for the Pro Worlds on Discgolfplanet.tv thank you in advance! =)

The money is well spent. $60 is what, three discs? And for all the stuff we got on top of that I feel we win. The Keen shoes alone were only $45 for players and volunteers.

60$ is nothing considering what you get in return, anyone who disagrees is just plain funny. If someone can answer a serious question and let it be known this will be available to watch on discgolfplanet.tv?

If someone can answer a serious question and let it be known this will be available to watch on discgolfplanet.tv?

Errr...is that a question?? Lol! Yes. My brother was out there signing players up and was chatting up the discgolfplanet guys. Lots of cameras and lots of production going into this so it should be good.

I can't seem to find anywhere on their site about when they're broadcasting. i seem to remember a newsletter, but i cant find it.

Latest posts