• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Ace Race disc is a faster longer buzzz

Bingo; having thrown both they are of a very similar speed (fast mid - slow fairway). I would rate the Warship at 6/5/-.5/1.5, and the Ace Race disc a 6/5/0/2. The Ace Race is similar, less finesse, slightly more HSS.

Some people were comparing it to Lat's Warship. Anybody thrown both?

played in my ace race today and have to sayi think it is a tweaked dga squall. side bi side I can't tell the difference. not a bad thing i love the squall.

went out and threw it next 2 a couple proline squalls, very similar flight the squall stands up a little quicker and has less fade. the hss is about the same for most of the flight.

I just had my ace race. I love me a buzzz. I hated the AR12. I was really struggling w/ nose issues. I have gotten into the habit of throwing nose down because of latitude. Some of the shorter holes I would try to ease up, probably w/ the nose up. That or I was just sucking today. I played another course in the city and shot four better than I did yesterday which was a good round, so today was great for me. I guess I am just good at throwing my molds. In general I felt like the disc was too stable for my liking. I had a great time but threw like trash.

I liked it. I threw it on a slight anhyzer most of the day and had several close calls. I like the way it finishes when thrown on a moderate hyzer. I noticed that the forehand throwers had more problems with it than us backhanders.

I liked it. I threw it on a slight anhyzer most of the day and had several close calls. I like the way it finishes when thrown on a moderate hyzer. I noticed that the forehand throwers had more problems with it than us backhanders.

And I have a sub par backhand. I was getting it to flip from hyzer in an open field but not so much on the course.

I'm still on the fence. I didn't get much distance with it (never do), but I feel like my accuracy was okay, and it didn't do anything goofy when I threw it, but I don't know. It was just different.

Am I the only one that thinks it sounds like the flight pattern of a ti Stalker? Slower than a z Stalker, straight flight path, fade at end...all sounds like the ti Stalker to me...Idk...maybe I'm crazy. Won't know until I throw one I guess. That just gives me a reason to keep buying plastic.

it has more side to side action then a stalker. more tunr more fade and better glide. played a round today had 4 birdies 3 of them were drives with the ar12.:) I am starting to get this disc and it rewards good form and punishes bad. you can't muscle this disc just be smooth with good form.

Last edited:
I like mine, but I can not figure out it's place. Is it a fairway driver or a mid. It flies just short of my fairway drivers, but it is longer and less accurate than my mids.

It flew very similar to my Warship, but I do not want to say it is that similar because I only have experience with one warship.

Last edited:
I like mine, but I can not figure out it's place. Is it a fairway driver or a mid. It flies just short of my fairway drivers, but it is longer and less accurate than my mids.

It flew very similar to my Warship, but I do not want to say it is that similar because I only have experience with one warship.

At our race is was definitely presented as a fairway driver.

it is a tweener, the ace race is a tuff place to present a disc like this. I hope people take th time to throw it in a field and at full lenght holes to really get the feel for the disc. The ar12 could be very valueable on a wooded more technical course.

it has more side to side action then a stalker. more tunr more fade and better glide. played a round today had 4 birdies 3 of them were drives with the ar12.:) I am starting to get this disc and it rewards good form and punishes bad. you can't muscle this disc just be smooth with good form.

So a Z XL? I mean, I know there's a lot of "no, its more like this disc" talk going...I guess I'm still frustrated that they are putting out a disc so much like what they have. You hear everyone say "its a great disc...I just don't know where it will fit in my bag." If I want something that goes right, straight, and left for Fairway drives, I'm going xl every time.

My name guesses.

grasshopper
dragonfly
ladybug
praying mantis

or bee theme names
yellow jacket
queen [want this for the obvious Freddy mercury stamps]
honey "could have a money nickname"
carpenter

So a Z XL? I mean, I know there's a lot of "no, its more like this disc" talk going...I guess I'm still frustrated that they are putting out a disc so much like what they have. You hear everyone say "its a great disc...I just don't know where it will fit in my bag." If I want something that goes right, straight, and left for Fairway drives, I'm going xl every time.

if you are on the tee and thinking well my buzz won't reach but i don't want to power down on my xl the ar12 it is. going to fly a similar line to a xl just shorter. And you are right that is a pretty small gap to fill.

I through a sabre last night and in the had the ar12 doesn't feel like a Sabre it sure does hit the same lines.

Does Swarm seem to fit the disc at all?? (Stinger has been used already, but I think Swarm sounds cool...)

Last edited:

Latest posts