• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2012 Ace Race disc is a faster longer buzzz

Your TD was an ass-hat.

anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Mine where really flippy. Really hard to keep a consistent hyzer for me because it always flipped up. I never tried anhyzer but it kept turn well when I threw it too hard. Personally I didn't like it too much. too inconsistent. Did win me a Ti Buzzz though...

Mine where really flippy. Really hard to keep a consistent hyzer for me because it always flipped up. I never tried anhyzer but it kept turn well when I threw it too hard. Personally I didn't like it too much. too inconsistent. Did win me a Ti Buzzz though...

O.A.T.

Discraft specifically sets parameters as to how the Ace Race should be run, and they include it in the TD package. I'm reading the TD paperwork now and it says:

"All players should have their own scorecards and mark 'A' for aces and 'M' for holes on which they hit metal.....The player with the most aces after 36 holes is declared the winners. In case of ties, the number of metal hits is used as a tie breaker. If a tie persists, a closest to the pin contest is then held to determine the winner."

Nothing about a points system, at all. WTF is so hard about following specific instructions?
Your TD was an ass-hat, as was the TDwho split up the Grand Prize. Seems like a lot of un-intelligent people who cannot follow instructions are trying to run Ace Races.

This sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

Last edited:
I had a good time at my first Ace Race at Taylor Park in Largo, FL. The TD ran a very nice event, plus we got lunch. I was real excited about the disc, hoping that it would be "just like" my 11X KC Pro Gazelles that are slow and stable fairway drivers that are very forgiving. But of course, that's foolish because they just aren't the same. It's a totally new disc. But I suppose someone could get it to do the same things that other discs that they like more already do.

Anyways, I'd say the speed was 5, maybe 6. Faster than my MD2, didn't feel any faster than my Gazelle. It does have some fade at the end, but I noticed a good deal of turn in the early part of the flight. I threw it forehand most of the time and had to be very careful not to torque it. Way more sensitive than a Teebird or Buzzz. Glide was similar to my Gazelle, but more turn. More fade than a Champion Leopard. I'm guessing this is what a Champion Cheetah would fly like (6,4,-2,2)? Just a guess. don't flame me. Probably won't make my bag, but I will use it in the field to help clean up my form.

Like it so far, but our Ace Race features all upshots, so there's no opportunity to throw it hard. I did hit the longest hole on the course (maybe 140' or so).
Will make a more informed decision after playing a few normal rounds with it.
doesn't stalker ss = glide?
Perhaps... it does seem be a glidey disc.

how does it compare to an impact?
I would say this is more stable than the Impact, but not all that different in terms of speed (rim width). The only two Impacts I've ever thrown were quite flippy to me - couldn't throw them straight to save my life, turned over no matter what - and I'm definitely not a power thrower.

I found it easy to throw the new disc straight for about 200' or so, and it will hold a hyzer line if thrown fairly hard. I'd say "Buzzz meets Stalker" seems accurate.

Last edited:
And who the hell cares how it's run as long as people have fun??? Discraft wants you to use their stuff, they want to get people excited about disc golf, and ultimately they want to sell a lot of stuff.

Ace Race = marketing and product testing. Yes, of course the have guidelines for suggested scoring, but since no one ace race competes with another who cares.

The people playing care! Also, events ARE competing now. Some areas have lots of ace races. I got people from over 100 miles away to come to mine. When they have several that are closer to them they could have gone too. Plus the top 3 events win the td a chainstar basket... So QFT!

Latest posts