• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Minnesota Majestic

Stoneberg

Bogey Member
Surprised there wasn't a thread made yet.

Anyone make it to the Barsby clinic?

barsby is doing a clinic? i thought it was just Yeti and Des.

they posted it on facebook

i also like how they haven't annouced any of the bag tag prize winners since May 11th

There are some things this crew does really really well and there are some things that they are still trying to get right, large tournaments are not easy to do. Last year was a blast, from the beginning of the tourn to the end they improved each day. My one and only issue last year was some things were played differently then in the caddy book and no amendments were handed out...so you got to wonder if everyone played it correctly. imo Caddy Book is Law, passed out amendments are welcome. See you guys up there.

decided not to compete, but got all the days off to watch.
going to play the doubles tourny. tomorrow at hyland, hopefully its the 27 hole setup.

also surprised this isn't a bigger deal, only a handful of top names are even showing up..

Heard yesterday that Ricky's calf needed a bit more recovery. So he decided to scratch and be ready for Beaver State next weekend.

welp nikkos out too. and all the top women. maybe refresh again and watch felbergs name disappear.

*watches minnesota slip back into irrelevance*

yeah that's pretty disappointing IMO that its one of the biggest events here and it will be a bunch of locals. I showed up last year and was 1 of like 5 spectators :| ... Atleast I got to see KC, McBeast, Feldy, Emac, and more.

Why do they have so many "big" tournaments going on at once you would think it would benefit everyone to space them out a little more...?

Yea, it is too bad. The Sunday Final Nine has always been an awesome spectacle. I know at least three guys who will not be traveling for the Final Nine because the big names won't be there. Nobody wants to watch guys they regularly compete with in a Final Nine showcase!

Either way, the Majestic will be awesome, like always.

While it might be nice for some spectators to have top players here, unless it's an NT, the Majestic traditionally has been (and should be IMO) more about playing in it and keeping the money at home.

There was a bit of a problem with the scheduling this year with the PDGA. This is a perfect example. The St. Louis Open was originally scheduled (as it is every year) for the weekend of May 4th and 5th. The PDGA contacted the St. Louis DGC and told them that a NT had been scheduled for that date (which was well after the St. Louis schedule had been turned in) and that the STL Open would have to move. Several clear dates were given to choose from and June 22-23 was selected. Then the PDGA allowed the Majestic (and a few other events) to be scheduled on the same weekend.

So, both this and the STL Open are suffering from the conflict this year. I'm sure both will fill up and be great events... but hopefully this can be avoided next year.

Spectating

Never been to an event to spectate. If I bring my son will it be pretty easy to figure out where to go and follow a crowd around with the top card?

If these top guys and the pdga want more money and sponsorship in the sport they need to get their **** together schedule wise. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.