• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Minnesota Majestic

Recognize that the top guys make more money with multiple A-tiers where they can all snag the top few spots in each event rather than the top 15 at one A-tier. As long as you get three at your event, you've got your Final four filled out by adding a local/regional hero in the group. So this weekend is good for helping the finances of the top players.

Results are up on PDGA. Lead card for tomorrow of Brenton, Feldberg, Honold and Leiviska.

Still a lot of gold to be played, though man!:thmbup:

It was my up game and putting that destroyed me. There were three or four drives I would have liked to have back, but it was my upshots and putts that cost me over 10 throws. This is normally one of my stronger parts of my game, so to have such an utter failure was disheartening.

Do not get me wrong, despite choking I did my best to at least have some fun out there. Being a grouch would make me want to make me walk away from playing. Actually, I wish I had the time today to get again and get some more practice. Playing poorly with a good group of people is better than not playing at all.

I was just hoping to have a better showing today. For me I have played Kaposia a lot recently and I thought I had it figured out. The Majestic is the last big tournament I will play in for maybe the next 11 months. This is the last time I will play Kaposia until at least next year. Hate to leave it on such a sour note.

You know what, the worst thing about today was not necessarily how bad I was playing, it was the horrendous luck. I deserved what crap I got on Hole 5, but the bad luck I had on Holes 2, 4, the third throw on 5, 6, 8, 15, 19, and 20 was borderline comical. I was clipping the narrowest of branches or hitting trunks as square as possible, ALWAYS kicking into the worst possible spot. I also had six putts in the chains that did not stick and four approaches that I wanted under the basket but the disc always sailed or got on edge and rolled away. I played the equivalent to an 84-86 game but carded a 97.

On my second drive of the day I had a champ leopard solidly in the chains but could not get it to stick for the ace.

The only thing that was working for me was my big drives with my Lucid Trespass. I was absolutely crushing my open field drives with that disc. If I can keep that up and improve my upshot game to where I know I can play, I should fair well at HSSA tomorrow. As for BRP, I have that pretty well dialed in for my skill level and should able to make up some ground as long as I keep my drives clean on Holes 4 and 17.

It is interesting what the storms are going to do to the courses. Looks like Kaposia may be in the worst shape, with from what I hear, branches being down and some in the way not to mention the course wet. BRP has been retaining water, but Ray will always do what he can to clean it up asap with any branches/sticks/etc. Hyland for us today wasn't too bad at all, some soggy/muddy areas but that was about it. Rest of the tourney should be interesting.

While it might be nice for some spectators to have top players here, unless it's an NT, the Majestic traditionally has been (and should be IMO) more about playing in it and keeping the money at home.

Who wants to watch just a bunch of local guys. That can been seen any day of the week. Nice to see some better players come into town and whoop some ass. Mcbeast, Will, Nikko, Climo, Doss, Ulibarri, Johansen or Wysocki etc... :D

It is interesting what the storms are going to do to the courses. Looks like Kaposia may be in the worst shape, with from what I hear, branches being down and some in the way not to mention the course wet. BRP has been retaining water, but Ray will always do what he can to clean it up asap with any branches/sticks/etc. Hyland for us today wasn't too bad at all, some soggy/muddy areas but that was about it. Rest of the tourney should be interesting.

Kaposia definitely had some stuff down, but the downed tree on Hole 5 affected me personally. This younger tree stretched across the fairway 70 feet short of the basket. I was already having a horrendous time on this hole, but I had a Tangent on my third shot rocketing down the fairway from deep in bush just off the left side of the tee. I could have saved it for a bogey, but the downed tree snagged my Tangent. The subsequent approach landed on the backside of the basket, got up and rolled down the hill.

We waited over 10 minutes to tee off, greatly cooling me off. Not saying that I would have had a perfect drive otherwise, but prior experience and practice has consistently put me in the middle of the fairway off the drive. This time I shanked it deep on the left after clipping the first tree. If my Tangent could have finished off the way it should have, I should have at least been able to save this hole for a 4, not the 6 I carded.

does anyone have a general idea of when the pros tee off? should i show up at 9 tomorrow to spectate?

I would assume it's shotgun just like yesterday. That's when I'll be there assuming this next round of storms doesn't change things.

Is the same start time going for Sunday? I don't have to start work untill noon then, so I at least want to go check out a little bit this year.

Is the same start time going for Sunday? I don't have to start work untill noon then, so I at least want to go check out a little bit this year.

Everyone shotgun starts at 8am tomorrow except for those playing at Hyland (Open Men/Women, Masters divisions) They will tee off at 9am. Final 9 to commence around 2pm. My guess would be more like 2:30 or 3 though. Just depends how quick the morning rounds go.

I look forward to going out to Hyland tomorrow and watching some stellar golf!

I look forward to going out to Hyland tomorrow and watching some stellar golf!

same here.

followed the lead card at kaposia today, was pretty great watching the pros trip up in the same spots i do, that place can be SO nasty if you dont hit your lines. saw those guys throwin a lot of drivers in the woods and get punished, even heard their caddies recommending midranges many times. cale played super solid and took the lead after today, looks like barsby fell a few spots.. bummer cause i was hoping he would be on the lead card sunday. dude is on his comedy game 24/7, which is cool cause everyone was hitting trees and catching feelings.

anyways got my beers for tomorrow, gonna catch a nice tan and watch the day unfold in bloomington.

After the final nine is over is Hyland going to be open to play? I'm hoping to get out to watch the final nine and then get a round in.

If Hyland doesn't open to the public afterwards does anyone want to head over to Bryant for a round?

After the final nine is over is Hyland going to be open to play? I'm hoping to get out to watch the final nine and then get a round in.

If Hyland doesn't open to the public afterwards does anyone want to head over to Bryant for a round?

Hyland will be open to the public right after the final nine.

brought barsby some putters he left behind and said "nice shootin kenny"

he said "um its greg..." saddest moment of my life.

#champvoice