• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

If any of you going to Worlds are so inclined for a 26 mile roady after a round of DG I have a fantastic place to eat in DeMotte: Bub's Bar-b-Que. Just head on down US-231 south through Hebron and then to DeMotte. Just after getting into DeMotte look for 8th St and then turn left. Bub's will be on the left in a itty bitty strip mall.

VERY good eats. Everything is good. Seriously. :thmbup:

i've 2'd it 5 times in practice now, will be stoked with a 2 in the tourney

You're on a slightly different level than most people. I remember hearing stories of Feldberg parking it with a roller in 2010 and I thought it was crazy. I finally got a roller down there about a month ago. Still for most people, that is a two shot hole if they're smart about it.

Good place to drink some 3Floyds offerings without waiting for a place to sit at the too cool for school 3Floyds brewpub...

Might be better during the week, but it was fairly outrageous over the weekend at the 3 Floyds brewpup. 90 minute wait to get a table on both Friday night AND Saturday afternoon and you can't even drink a beer while you're waiting, WTF?!? If I'm waiting outside in the rain, I damn well better be able to have a beer. The host was fairly rude about it too.

I bought two cases of Zombie Dust from the carryout so there's no other reason to go back to the brewpub. The host hotel bar has Alpha King, Robert the Bruce, Gumballhead, and Pride & Joy on tap. Old Chicago has all of the above plus Dreadnaught.

And if you drive a mile down the road (409 West 80th st.) to Pete's Liquor Bucket, they have Arctic Panzer Wolf and Apocalypse Cow in 22 oz. bomber bottles. The latter is just a palate wrecking hop BOMB...might be one of the hoppiest beers I've ever had. :eek:

If you don't stop at Crown Brewing in Crown Point, you are really missing out. The Special Forces IPA and Java Porter were to die for, and the bartender is a disc golfer, and just about the friendliest guy I've ever met. He hooked us up with some free stickers and magnets and told us all about other courses in Illinois & Indiana worth visiting. My advice is to go to Crown and get almost as good a beer but without the "too cool for school" attitude. :thmbup:

If you don't stop at Crown Brewing in Crown Point, you are really missing out. The Special Forces IPA and Java Porter were to die for, and the bartender is a disc golfer, and just about the friendliest guy I've ever met. He hooked us up with some free stickers and magnets and told us all about other courses in Illinois & Indiana worth visiting. My advice is to go to Crown and get almost as good a beer but without the "too cool for school" attitude. :thmbup:

All those brewpub discussion forces me to talk up Valparaiso a bit.

Particularly if you're in town to watch, and want to get a little disc golf on, come play Rogers Lakewood in Valparaiso
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1773
in my opinion, just as nice (nicer!) than any of the regular Lemon courses; and, hey, not closed for Worlds!

While you're here, check out our own microbrewery+brewpub
http://figureeightbrewing.com/

Very solid stuff. Families welcome.

If you homebrew, or are curious, you can also check out our new brewery supply shop
https://www.facebook.com/valpobrew

And, if we're lucky, our newest microwbrew will be open for public consumption, tasting, etc. as soon as Wednesday this week
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ironwood-Brewing-Co-LLC/443692475677846

I've not tasted their stuff yet, but I've heard some good things about the brewer.

(Note: I have no personal stake in any of these operations. Except that I live in town, belong to the local DG club, and Rogers is my home course.)

I plan on attending just to watch the leaders on Saturday. Does anyone else do this? I've never been to Lemon Lakes before.

I figure I should drive out and spend a day sometime this week. Looks like Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday is what will fit my schedule, most likely. Need to formulate a plan myself.

Do we have any reports on what local conditions are like? Parking, etc. I've not scoped around yet for other threads.

I figure plenty of people will check in on Saturday - no work, probably down to some of the best players, maybe supercards forming, etc. But, I don't think it'll fit my schedule (softball tournament).

Latest posts