• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

If this is going to be the thread used for the entire tourney it would be nice if one of the mod's could edit the OP to include all of those links.

I'm excited for World's this year because I'll be there (watching not playing)! I have a couple specific questions having never been to a World's tourney before:
1) Will Lemon Lake be open to the public Saturday (August 03)? - I arrive the night before but want to play a few of the courses before World's begin,
2) Will the public still have to pay to get into the park each day to watch?,
3) What is Flymart? - is it free and open to the public to attend?

1- Not sure, sorry. I would guess yes? A call to Jay Svitko could probably answer that for you-219.771.3472 What day is mixed doubles? A course or two could be closed for that, but that would only be temporary.
2- Normally, there is a parking fee for non-disc golfers and a fee of $4 per disc golfer. I'm assuming you would just have to pay the parking fee.
3- The Flymart is where disc golf vendors (and maybe other vendors) set up shop and sell discs/merchandise, give away stuff, etc. It is free and open to the public. Some vendors/dg companies have free stuff to give away. Usually, Vibram has a fun little contest or giveaway.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your Worlds!

I am thinking about going to worlds as spectator. Any hotel recommendations?
I will likely go to the flymart.

There are lots of hotels in Merrillville and Schererville, both about 20 minutes from the course and near busy shopping areas.

Most may know this already, but to all of the players, volunteers and spectators- lots of ticks out there so wear pants/tall socks and have bug repellant.

Lot of poison ivy as well.
I've been using one of the water fountains to wash off after playing and that has helped me not get the ivy.

One more tip- after you play Blue 7 in the upper corner, take the road right for two more holes. I had no idea they were up there till someone mentioned it yesterday. Its easy to play 7 and go right to 10 (as that is the normal Blue course flow).

I plan on getting up early one day and driving from Dayton, OH to come watch the Pros play in Worlds. What, in your opinion, would be the best day to drive up? I'd like to watch more than just the final 9, so I can see as many pro players as possible.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Saturday is the semi-final round of 18 and then the final 9. Or you could come up Friday when MPO plays 2 rounds of 18. Thursday is one round. Wed two rounds. Tue one round.

Is Friday still the full field? Sorry, but I'm a little ignorant when it comes to how the larger tournaments work.

Theoretically, the later in the week you come, more of the best players will be in the same groupings, making it easier to watch them and follow "super groups".

I suggest Friday, when everybody will still be playing 2 rounds of 18 on easy to spectate courses.

Theoretically, the later in the week you come, more of the best players will be in the same groupings, making it easier to watch them and follow "super groups".

I suggest Friday, when everybody will still be playing 2 rounds of 18 on easy to spectate courses.

Thank you. I appreciate all the help.

On Hole 13 super white, On the left side of the fairway in the bushes there is white with blue spots Star Boss, If anyone comes across it, PLEASE PM me for Reward!!! Thanks :(

Ok, looking for some quick thoughts from those that are in Crown point already, or at least have recently played the courses (in worlds setups)

Getting into Crown Point EARLY Monday morning (Freaking out of town all wknd, losing a few days of playing the courses) And unlike other courses I've played tourneys in without much warm-up time, there aren't any video or text walk-throughs of these courses yet to at least give an idea of which holes to even focus on.

What are the MUST PRACTICE holes at Gold, White, Blue? I have to prioritize my schedule to hit the most important holes (Blind drives, multiple paths depending on my strengths, etc) first, and then filter through the more straight forward ones as time allows.

I've been told 18 Gold is a good one to try different shots on.

Ok, looking for some quick thoughts from those that are in Crown point already, or at least have recently played the courses (in worlds setups)

Getting into Crown Point EARLY Monday morning (Freaking out of town all wknd, losing a few days of playing the courses) And unlike other courses I've played tourneys in without much warm-up time, there aren't any video or text walk-throughs of these courses yet to at least give an idea of which holes to even focus on.

What are the MUST PRACTICE holes at Gold, White, Blue? I have to prioritize my schedule to hit the most important holes (Blind drives, multiple paths depending on my strengths, etc) first, and then filter through the more straight forward ones as time allows.

I've been told 18 Gold is a good one to try different shots on.

play 13-18 gold id say. 18 gold really isnt that hard of a hole imo. Ibususlly put it pretty close to the circle with my archon. Id mainly check out the entire gold course if you dont have much time

play 13-18 gold id say. 18 gold really isnt that hard of a hole imo. Ibususlly put it pretty close to the circle with my archon. Id mainly check out the entire gold course if you dont have much time

I'd like to see anyone get "pretty close to the circle" on 18 gold with any consistency. It's a tough hole.

Latest posts