• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Tourney Videos

re. the Music City video...
Hilarious photobomb by the dog at 11 min. :clap:
"don't get too far left" ha ha!

Last edited:
I don't feel so bad about how I shot at Fontanel now since Wiggins shot the same thing in the video.

Any benefits to it versus a traditional FH roller?

You can get a bit more snap and it's easier to control the distance > and direction of the turn < once you've become proficient with it but it can be a lot harder on your shoulder than a traditional FH, esp. if you're throwing an air shot. (The thumber air shot is thrown horizontally, like a FH flick, rather than vertically, like a hammer/tomahawk.)

Tom Wagner (PDGA #4885, aka "Tom Thumb") out of Burlington, NC, used to throw thumber rollers and air shots almost exclusively. Haven't seen him in a number of years, but it wasn't uncommon to see him to pump out 300-350' air shots and 450-500' rollers with a Condor back in the day.

Check out the first part of this vid by David Greenwell on thumber approaches.

seriously guys, it's not that hard to go through the last couple of pages and see if a vid has already been posted. we didn't need to hear that terrible vettiner soundtrack again.

That overhead view when Lizotte and the other guy threw those power flex shots was pretty cool.

That other guy is a local Juho Parviainen, who also has a cannon for an arm, and can just bomb over everything like Lizotte does. He also crushed the course on the second round by shooting a 1060 rated -14, a new course record for that 21-hole tournament layout.

It was definitely fun to see world class stars like Lizotte and Lundmark on one of my home courses :)

Ville Honkonen who shot and edited the video is a professional photographer and videographer (and also a disc golfer), so he sure has an eye for cool angles. Let's hope he finds the time to edit and post the second part of the final round soon.

That other guy is a local Juho Parviainen, who also has a cannon for an arm, and can just bomb over everything like Lizotte does. He also crushed the course on the second round by shooting a 1060 rated -14, a new course record for that 21-hole tournament layout.

It was definitely fun to see world class stars like Lizotte and Lundmark on one of my home courses :)

Ville Honkonen who shot and edited the video is a professional photographer and videographer (and also a disc golfer), so he sure has an eye for cool angles. Let's hope he finds the time to edit and post the second part of the final round soon.

Does Lundmark play anymore?

How about Markus Kallstrom, Oscar Stanfelt, etc? They give up the game?

seriously guys, it's not that hard to go through the last couple of pages and see if a vid has already been posted. we didn't need to hear that terrible vettiner soundtrack again.

The music has been cut and much, much better!

Does Lundmark play anymore?

How about Markus Kallstrom, Oscar Stanfelt, etc? They give up the game?

Jesper Lundmark does play, he just hasn't been touring, or competing very much. He did come here to play the Finnish Open as seen on the video. He did say that it has been 2 years since he last played outside Sweden. I do not know if he plans to start touring again, or if this was just one time trip.

I have no news about Källstöm or Stenfelt.

Finnish Open...

Every single drop-in putt and no scores = time sucker.

Marty McGee should be used as the benchmark on how to make a tourney video.

looked back and havent seen this one yet

That's because it's that super fresh lcgm8 & centralcoast collabo. They got Dave D. on the dials producin' this motha ****a.

8Z2uAbf.png

Look for parts 2 and 3 to be droppin tomorrow and thursday.

kkFnCIz.jpg

Latest posts