• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 US Amateur Doubles Championship

Went and played Winthrop this past Saturday (lost 2 discs in the lake, of course). It's in terrific shape and there are mounds of mulch ready to be laid down around many of the tee pads and baskets.

They're building a triple mando on hole 7...at least I think that's hole 7...the one that has typically had the bamboo walls in front of the basket until now. Also looks like they built a deck that could be used as the tee pad for hole 18, so you'll be teeing off from the water and throwing up the hill on the right.

Are the USDGC rules and layout the same for US dubs at Winthrop?

yup, werent last year when they did distance only. We did stroke and distance. id plan to play USDGC rules this year. Stay in the ropes and youll be fine.

ob rules

Gentlemen we are playing stroke and distance all rope whether yellow or red will be played as normal ob but stroke and distance.

flex singles

Singles Flex Tournament @ Hornet's Nest

This is a one round singles tournament.

Bring your own foursome or find one when you

get to the course.

Pick your Start Time, Pick Your Group,

Pick Your Division

Friday, Sept 27

Event starts at 2:00 p.m.,

ALL groups must Tee between2:00-4:00 p.m.

Payout at 6:30 @ Hornet's nest

3 Divisions: Pro, Advanced Men, Intermediate Men

Entry: $10. $9 goes towards payout,

$1 donated to CDGC

Pro plays for cash,

Am's play for Merch from the Spike Hyzer Store!

Registration & Awards @ Hole 1 at Hornet's Nest

There will be a putting clinic and Q&A put on by Barry Schuiltz at players party beginning at 8 P.M. at Icehouse Southend.

We gonna do it!!!

Any score predictions?!?

My guess is the best rounds at each course based on format will be:

Hornest Nest - 47
Nevin - 58
Gold - 58

Winning score: 167

We will be doing course assignments tomorrow night I will be at the course on Friday for early check in but players meeting Saturday morning is required. You must be there to get your players pack, they will not be handed out anytime other than Saturday morning.

We gonna do it!!!

Any score predictions?!?

My guess is the best rounds at each course based on format will be:

Hornest Nest - 47
Nevin - 58
Gold - 58

Winning score: 167

I'll play:

Hornets - 48
Nevin - 59
Gold - 57

Winning score - 173

Those are some good scores on Gold with stroke & distance.

True, but playing best shot will certainly help that a lot.

Just gotta get the "easy" holes and survive the hard ones.

I'll take this scorecard right now:

232453343344534224 = 60

I'm sorry, but what is Captain's Choice? the captain of the team chooses who throws each shot and the team takes it? Only one throw per shot?

I'm sorry, but what is Captain's Choice? the captain of the team chooses who throws each shot and the team takes it? Only one throw per shot?

It's best shot (standard doubles).

Both throw from the tee. They choose the best lie and throw from there until the hole is completed.

Latest posts