• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USDGC - McBeast vs The Field

I think you guys have stumbled onto the solution on getting more added cash for the touring pros. Legalize sports betting on the results of PDGA tournaments and give them 10%. I'm sure we can get $250K worth of action on the USDGC alone.

With McBeth's distance and accuracy (what is needed in the land of the yellow ropes) at Worlds this year, I would have a hard time putting anyone else as the favorite. I want to see him win it with understable DX molds from the 80s and 90s.

I hope it's a battle regardless of who wins though.

i respectfully disagree. No one has had close to the season paul has. He has every major this season and has proven he only plays better the more that's on the line. Paul has to be the favorite to win.

Paul certainly has more quality wins.

But look at his history at this event. His best finish was last year's 7th place (he was world champion then too).

If I had to pick a favorite, I would go with Ricky, followed closely by Will.

I think you guys have stumbled onto the solution on getting more added cash for the touring pros. Legalize sports betting on the results of PDGA tournaments and give them 10%. I'm sure we can get $250K worth of action on the USDGC alone.

What if we created sports betting/tour donation program?

Money doesn't exchange hands between betters, rather we make a wager and the loser donates to the "tour fund" to be payed out at the end of the year once the points leader is crowned?

Just spitballing here, not sure if thats even possible but I would probably get creative with my betting and no matter what the touring players win.

Money doesn't exchange hands between betters, rather we make a wager and the loser donates to the "tour fund" to be payed out at the end of the year once the points leader is crowned?
Sounds kinda lame. What fun is a bet that you can't win? :\

^^^ a creative way to donate to the players and not the pDGA
And still probably not legal.

Cause Paul is on a tear lately. I think most would agree that he is the outright favorite to win this event.

I dont, I would take Will or Ricky, thus, the field. No offense to Paul. great player and seemingly, embassador to the sport.

Sounds kinda lame. What fun is a bet that you can't win? :\

I agree its sorta lame, but I play full tilt poker for free and it doesn't bother me a bit.

Maybe the idea needs some work. But it just came to me, and the players body needs a cash injection no doubt, so that was my focus here.

bron_phi-spiral.png

phi says wysocki

Just spitballing here, not sure if thats even possible but I would probably get creative with my betting and no matter what the touring players win.

Uggg, awful idea.

I could care less if touring pro's make more money, how does 20 people making more money from 2000 betting on them do anything to raise awareness for the sport?...although your idea is better than the current style of browbeating lower skilled players to move up to take their money.

The facts are clear, more disc golfers are added to the sport because of quantity of beginner quality courses in their local area, shape those courses are in, school awareness programs and whether their local big box sports retailer carries affordable discs. Very little new growth comes from any PDGA, regional, or local club event.

How many people say...man, they should just raise beer to $10 a glass so Mike Vick can get paid more. I got an idea... lets raise the price of discs to $50 each to raise sponsorship money to pros so someone like Avery can come to your town, dis your course, and move on to the next event.

I think Paul and Will have equal chances to win. A few others as well. Sure, USDGC has a lot of rope but it is still a fairly open course. It rewards people that have distance and accuracy of landing the disc, not necessarily accuracy of hitting a specific line. Basically the guys that can pump out big power hyzers (backhand and forehand) are favored. Very similar to the courses used in the Memorial, which Will won this year.

So the players that are consistently at the top of the field at the Memorial will be the same players at the top in USDGC. It will be a great hyzer fest.

Bagger/AM USDGC

Isnt this year the 'Performance Flight' deal? Besides Innova players, how many real pro's showed up for this in 2011? Not many!
I think Pauly will do just fine against a field of AM's

Stats: 2011 – John Key, Florida – Performance Champion / Won by 15