• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Am Worlds...Minneapolis

Yeah that's the crappy part...I'll be here in Korea until May of 2014 and they only do like five tournaments a year here. And considering I am sitting at a whopping 39 points this season...

How about for Juniors? Do they have the same 500 points cutoff?

Yeah that's the crappy part...I'll be here in Korea until May of 2014 and they only do like five tournaments a year here. And considering I am sitting at a whopping 39 points this season...

How about for Juniors? Do they have the same 500 points cutoff?

no worries. there will be spots even if you dont get the points.

no worries. there will be spots even if you dont get the points.

That's what I'm hoping! My daughter shouldn't have a problem getting into Junior Girls 10 and under. They didn't even get anyone this year. So far, I've played tournaments with my wife, my dad, and my best friend from high school...need to get one with the daughter then I pretty much have the whole set haha!:thmbup:

My best guesses are

For sure courses

Kaposia
The Valley
CP Adams
Oakwood

I say this because the majority of players are staying near SSP and IGH so those 4 courses are all close and were used in the pro worlds in 2001.

Good Bets

Lakewood Hills
Kenwood Trails(needs tee pads)

Longshots

Acorn
Bryant Lake

The first four look like they could be a ton of fun. Haven't checked out the others yet. Obviously, they will be looking for a good variety of shots to be played and an area that can accommodate closer teepads for the juniors...at least J2 and J3.

What was the entry fee for this years event, if anyone recalls?

My guess:

BRP
Kaposia
Hyland
Lakewood (I'm hoping!)
CP Adams
Bethel... :)

Bryant is a nice course, but it's not very difficult. I don't see that being played for Worlds. Acorn shouldn't be used. I don't think Oakwood should be in it either.

i recall somebody saying around here that acorn was planned on being used (and cleaned up in the process).

if they don't use BRP in the main event, that is just crazy. they should bend the mileage rule and set up shuttles or something.

(If I remember correctly) talking to Mr. Kennedy he stated some courses which threw me off a little and did not include the majestic courses but cannot find the thread anywhere'

Chuck put this thread to rest already... lol'

Bryant is a nice course, but it's not very difficult. I don't see that being played for Worlds. Acorn shouldn't be used. I don't think Oakwood should be in it either.

Yeah I don't see Bryant being used. Great course, well maintained and fun to play, but the difficulty is pretty low.

(If I remember correctly) talking to Mr. Kennedy he stated some courses which threw me off a little and did not include the majestic courses but cannot find the thread anywhere'

Chuck put this thread to rest already... lol'

Am Worlds courses tentatively: Valley, Kaposia, CP Adams, Oakwood, Hyland, Lakewood, Kenwood Trails and possibly Bethel U if they get the new holes done in time. BRP will have a variety of ancillary events so more people have the chance check it out in some form of competition during the week.

You can apparently take Hyland SSA out of there.

Yeah I don't see Bryant being used. Great course, well maintained and fun to play, but the difficulty is pretty low.

Do you guys think a little OB would make the course much harder? Hole 1 and 17 would be great holes for some yellow rope as well as a few others where you can get hung up early or appear to have a large landing area.

I think there are a few tweaks for a tourney which could be done to Bryant and really make it much more difficult and same goes for elm with a few mando's added in.

Bethel is fun but with it being 9 holes and fairly exclusive I could never see it being used.

Do you guys think a little OB would make the course much harder? Hole 1 and 17 would be great holes for some yellow rope as well as a few others where you can get hung up early or appear to have a large landing area.

I think there are a few tweaks for a tourney which could be done to Bryant and really make it much more difficult and same goes for elm with a few mando's added in.

As much as I hate to admit it because it is my home course, but Elm Creek sucks as a competition course. There is no scoring separation unless you lose a disc on Holes 5, 11, or 12. There are too many wide open long holes. For most players it is going to be drive, approach, and putt. More often than not it is going to come down to a putting competition, especially if there is wind. And if you get behind, there is no real chance to dig deep for that something special to make a comeback. You are too dependent on other people screwing up to make up strokes. Yes, that's golf, but that is very boring and frustrating golf.

During the Majestic HSSA played very similarly. The only real hole that created any real separation is the one deep in the woods on the back side, which actually felt very unlike HSSA despite it being a permanent hole. I thought I played extremely well (considering past performances) and could make up for the debacle that was Kaposia on the previous day, but almost everyone played well at HSSA with almost identical scores. I only moved from 49th to 35th in the standings, and that was only because 20th to 60th were already packed tightly. HSSA became a putting competition.

As for Bryant, back in the day when they actually used this course for competition, your idea of ropes is exactly what they did. I am only guessing, but I think that Three Rivers shies away from allowing tournaments because of the amount of traffic it would shoo away. I know you need special permission to run leagues, and even then you cannot close it to the public despite having 60+ of your own players swarm the course.

As I see it, you could rope off the downslope (left side) of the fairway and have the dirt road on the right as an OB Boundary. Hole 2, considering the big guns of this tournament, needs a rope protecting Hole 3's fairway. Hole 8 needs a mando on the right side to protect people on Hole 10's tee box. In the past Hole 11 was roped into an island with the short tee as a drop zone. Hole 15 has the sand which can incorporate bunker rules; a nice twist to the ordinary OB rules. As much as it pains me because I have this shot perfectly dialed in and have almost aced it 8 times now, but Hole 16 needs a double mando that prevents people from throwing thumbers. I have nailed that large rock so many times on the basket side that I am surprised that it has not bounced in, but I always fear that there is someone else down there when I am teeing off. A thumber would absolutely kill them because of how blind it is. Hole 17 has the parking lot as OB, but you could add that the bike path on the right side, on and over is OB as well. That will make a few bombers think twice. Hole 18 is tough enough.

This makes Bryant challenging enough and a far better alternative than CP Adams.

As I see it, you could rope off the downslope (left side) of the fairway and have the dirt road on the right as an OB Boundary. Hole 2, considering the big guns of this tournament, needs a rope protecting Hole 3's fairway. Hole 8 needs a mando on the right side to protect people on Hole 10's tee box. In the past Hole 11 was roped into an island with the short tee as a drop zone. Hole 15 has the sand which can incorporate bunker rules; a nice twist to the ordinary OB rules. As much as it pains me because I have this shot perfectly dialed in and have almost aced it 8 times now, but Hole 16 needs a double mando that prevents people from throwing thumbers. I have nailed that large rock so many times on the basket side that I am surprised that it has not bounced in, but I always fear that there is someone else down there when I am teeing off. A thumber would absolutely kill them because of how blind it is. Hole 17 has the parking lot as OB, but you could add that the bike path on the right side, on and over is OB as well. That will make a few bombers think twice. Hole 18 is tough enough.

I agree, maybe a mando on 6 as well and then just a bunch of OB ropes.

Latest posts