• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Glass Blown Open

Sounds good! I'm sure we can figure something out that will work if drop box doesn't.

The real solution to all of this is to have the damn FCC grow a pair and start cracking down on ISP's draconian practices.

1st world nation with 3rd world internet. Dropbox in theory is plenty efficient in theory to handle all of this. The problem is the ISP's who throttle you (ahem, comcast).

I agree. I think we are closer to CCDG quitting their jobs to do the disc golf thing full time than we are to getting major ISP changes though.

To be fair, we have a pretty old copper-based infrastructure that desperately needs to be upgraded to fiber before we all start getting 1GbE door-to-door.

If only there were some massive, multi-national, companies who have profited to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars using that same antiquated network while making only minimal and necessary upgrades...

if only.

To be fair, we have a pretty old copper-based infrastructure that desperately needs to be upgraded to fiber before we all start getting 1GbE door-to-door.

If only there were some massive, multi-national, companies who have profited to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars using that same antiquated network while making only minimal and necessary upgrades...

if only.

Amen.

Appreciate the hard work on the videos. Was that a smile at Jerm from Mcbeth after hitting that putt on 16 (min 32 final round).

I said "Never had a doubt, soild 4" (because it was lucky to stick) then on the way back to my bag simon asked "is that how you're supposed to fist pump." because I was giving him crap for his 360 little spin fist pump on hole 4, I told him he needs to work on that more than his game right now :p:thmbup:

It was a fun Final 9 to watch. From Wysocki's awesome shot that deflected o.b. to Jerm's kicking the basket to retrieve his disc to all the bombs that you guys were throwing, just fun to watch..........

I said "Never had a doubt, soild 4" (because it was lucky to stick) then on the way back to my bag simon asked "is that how you're supposed to fist pump." because I was giving him crap for his 360 little spin fist pump on hole 4, I told him he needs to work on that more than his game right now :p:thmbup:

Thanks for doing the Q&A before the player meeting. That was a great new addition to the week. I've heard nothing but great things from local people about you. One local business owner, players in the DD shop, and even the guy who made your food at Arby's felt special. :| You have a lot of fans in Emporia.

Yeah his celebrations can be feminine at times. Since I'm not on the RV all blame goes directly to Avery. :p

changing topics..that moonshine Havoc from the players pack is an absolute flip machine

LOL @ Bradley's putt that fell through the top. I was watching those top two cards but must have totally missed it.

LOL @ Bradley's putt that fell through the top. I was watching those top two cards but must have totally missed it.

He wasn't happy about that, to say the least. It's weird that a manufacturer would design any basket to still allow that.

He wasn't happy about that, to say the least. It's weird that a manufacturer would design any basket to still allow that.

What exactly was he unhappy about? That it didn't count? That it fell through at all? Seems like an odd thing to be bothered by. It was a poor putt that missed the target. Missing high like that could have had a worse result than a drop-in.

As for the basket, the rule disallowing putts that fell through the top was only put in place in 2011. Lots and lots of courses with baskets made before the rule change when a putt like Brad's would have counted.

Thanks for the video, though. It was well done.

What exactly was he unhappy about? That it didn't count? That it fell through at all? Seems like an odd thing to be bothered by. It was a poor putt that missed the target. Missing high like that could have had a worse result than a drop-in.

As for the basket, the rule disallowing putts that fell through the top was only put in place in 2011. Lots and lots of courses with baskets made before the rule change when a putt like Brad's would have counted.

Thanks for the video, though. It was well done.

Brad missed a couple putts that day, and to have one "go in" that wasn't legal probably just didn't feel good.

Those are the new Lat64 baskets BTW, installed for last years World's, they are a new design, which obviously has a flaw.

Thanks for the compliment, I actually uploaded it to the wrong account :p

This will be the "real" link, which is host to about 20 other videos I have as well;

The putt that Brad made/missed was on Jones East. Those aren't Latitude baskets, they are old Innova Discatchers. The Latitude baskets were all at the Country Club.

I would say the baskets are maybe 10 years old...if not older.

The putt that Brad made/missed was on Jones East. Those aren't Latitude baskets, they are old Innova Discatchers. The Latitude baskets were all at the Country Club.

I would say the baskets are maybe 10 years old...if not older.

Thanks for confirming what I thought was the case. Based on some courses I'm familiar with and when their targets were purchased, I'd say the baskets are circa 2001-2003. They were Discatchers sold as single chain targets with an upgrade kit for the inner chains (done that way to get around the since expired DGA patents). Because of the structure of the chain assembly and the way it was set up to receive the upgrade kits, there were significant gaps that allowed discs to fall through. And since at the time, shots falling through the top counted, they never bothered to fix the "problem". Future generations of Discatchers, once the patent expired and they could be manufactured with inner chains installed, did not and still do not allow for fall throughs from the top.

Latest posts