• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Mn Majestic

Anyone know what time play will be over at BRP tonight? I want to throw a round and am wondering if they are open to the public tonight?

Today was a perfect day for some disc! Kaposia was very fun! Not much wind, no rain.. Lots of missed putts...

Now on to the weekend, and it sounds like the wind and rain are coming in full force... Will still be fun! Good luck to on the rest of the weekend!

Cheers!

Putted poorly at Oakwood and then did everything poorly at The Valley.
Ugh. Oh well...both cards were good and it's been fun so far.

Kaposia was a blast today. Our group finished at the hockey rink basket, if anyone else is a lurker here.

If it rains tomorrow, things could get dicey!

Well, today was sure a treat. Super windy and raining almost the entire 27 holes at Kaposia, which is no joke on the nicest days. Basically, if you didn't strap your umbrella to your bag it was gone.
I shot all right, considering the conditions. Much better than yesterday at least. Left a few strokes out there when I had some grip issues, but overall I'm not upset with my round today. Hope everyone else is staying dry.

Well, today was sure a treat. Super windy and raining almost the entire 27 holes at Kaposia, which is no joke on the nicest days. Basically, if you didn't strap your umbrella to your bag it was gone.
I shot all right, considering the conditions. Much better than yesterday at least. Left a few strokes out there when I had some grip issues, but overall I'm not upset with my round today. Hope everyone else is staying dry.

I had one of my worst rounds ever at Kaposia today, and I cannot completely blame it on the rain or the wind. I made some bad pre-round decisions setting up my bag in preparation for the rain and was left with discs that I should not be throwing for those particular holes. From Holes 6-14, I just could not keep my hands dry and had numerous griplock issues, totally missing the fairway.

I did have some serviceable drives, but often I then butchered the approach. Oh, and it did not help that I three putted three times and had two OBs. I was totally slaughtered on Hole 26 from start to finish. I could have had an easy par on Hole 5, but the slightly too short approach set up that three putt.

Conversely, I did have some really good drives. Easy par on 19 and 20. Great drive on 21 (ruined it with a horrendous approach). Almost ideal spot on 23. Ran the basket on 25, almost getting an ace. Again, very good drive on 5, serviceable on 8, and all but parked 10.

Ultimately it came down to bad lines and not necessarily the weather. On Hole 11 my Sword suddenly developed a slight turn... directly into the first light pole. Normally it finds the perfect line and I am just outside the dirt where the basket is tucked in. Normally an easy par. I struggled for a bogey because at this point I had lost all faith in my approach game (never throwing the Warden again).

I finished at +12. On Tuesday I finished par and Thursday I finished +3 despite what I thought was a bad round then.

Yesterday: -2 at Oakwood. -1 at the Valley.
Today: +4 at Kaposia (27 hole layout)

...really tough conditions today! Tomorrow is supposed to be worse!

Don't say that. Today was bad enough. :)
I managed a +5 at kaposia and felt petty good about it.

16 ahead of me. Never will throw the Warden again. Wizard for putting and Pa4 for approaching. That alone should save five throws. The rest of it is up to me to simply find the fairway.

I am having a good time and learning a lot in preparation for Am Worlds, so do not get me wrong about bad I am playing. I am having a good time despite showing why I am only a 930 rated player despite more often putting up 950-970 rounds during leagues and normal rounds.

BRP Signature #4 today:
1st shot: A good ways down the fairway, kicks and out right.
2nd shot: a 8' sideways putt into the fairway to play out from the rough
3rd shot: a 200+ shot for a miracle 3.

Hell ya!

BRP Signature #4 today:
1st shot: A good ways down the fairway, kicks and out right.
2nd shot: a 8' sideways putt into the fairway to play out from the rough
3rd shot: a 200+ shot for a miracle 3.

Hell ya!

Nice! I doubt there will be many 3's from MA1 tomorrow. I'm going to try though! It's nice if you can land on the left side by OB. Then it's an easy FH up to the pin. We'll see what actually happens...

Good luck to everyone playing!

What I am curious about, why were the pros ratings so inflated today yet the ams weren't that much? Rating for ams at oakwood yesterday at a 54 was 928, today for pros was 961. At the valley for a 54 for ams yesterday was 970, today was 1020. I know the conditions were harsh today. Hot round at kp yesterday for intermediate was an 83 which was a 970, today an 83 got a 993, not nearly as inflated as those pro ratings were in comparison.

More holes in the open at Oakwood and especially The Valley compared with Kaposia plus 27 holes dampens ratings swings.

What about the ratings at BRP. I would have thought with the rain and wind the course was 6 shots tougher.

Hard to compare timing of conditions on courses 50 miles apart. Wind has much more impact than rain. BRP also is 27 holes which dampens ratings swings.

Latest posts