• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Mn Majestic

Good luck to all the folks playing today. Sucks there has been so much rain and wind. Perhaps Minnesota is just getting all this nonsense out of the way and there will be perfect conditions for Am's.

It's just strange though. Friday was light wind (3-7 mph) and dry.

87 at BRP was 969

Yesterday Rain and Wind (7-15 gusts to 23 mph).

87 at BRP was 972

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Observation.aspx?location=USMN9870

Top rated pros were there Friday though haha. Can say all you want but there is clearly an inflation in the ratings with the top rated pros there. I heard people saying it as rough conditions out there yesterday but nothing compared to shakopee last fall. That round was redic 40 mph winds and the ratings were high because of that.

Maybe weather lol. Afternoon should be sunny here but cant imagine its going to be fun to play anywhere today after the 6 inches of rain overnight and many inches yesterday.

Is the valley under water? I am trying to get a round in today after the majestic is done. What time do you think the rounds at Kaposia is going to be done? BRP is out. Anything else would be an option.

Is the valley under water? I am trying to get a round in today after the majestic is done. What time do you think the rounds at Kaposia is going to be done? BRP is out. Anything else would be an option.

Think they have presentations there after around 2 o'clock I think. I'd go to Bryant or Lakewood probably myself.

There's Final 9 at Kaposia so it's probably out until maybe 5-5:30 to play.

Was anybody out filming any of the lead cards over the weekend?

I know the event wasn't stocked with top tier pros, but it would still be fun to see them slicing and dicing through these courses.

The results are posted online you know. Looks like Geisinger beat Ricky by 1 stroke and Cale came in third by a stroke as well. Good day for some Minnesota guys

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16525

Edit: I think I'm an idiot and that doesn't have the final 9 lol

haha!! its all good. my buddy finally texted back and said geisinger took it by two. no clue on any of the other results.

im sure advanced will have great scores. being as all the people in mn that are waiting to turn pro after the world ams are done

also heard catrina over came a 6 stroke deficit in the final 9 to win womens open!!

Wow looks like this tourny was excieting!! Glad to see a Minnesotian win. There was some really good playing in tough conditions. Can't wait for next year!
I hope someone filmed this.

Johne crushed his turnover drive and came close to acing hole 24 tee to hole 3 basket at Kaposia for the last hole of the final 9. Should make it on video.

Johne crushed his turnover drive and came close to acing hole 24 tee to hole 3 basket at Kaposia for the last hole of the final 9. Should make it on video.

That shot was a thing of beauty from where we were behind the basket.

If you're wondering about BRP today, it was brutal. A second straight day of 27 holes in wind and rain. Every fairway out in the fields was completely saturated with water up to your ankles in many spots. I putted in four inches of water on the driving range hole because everything was already wet and it didn't matter anymore at that point. It was mentally tough to get through a second consecutive day of that and my score reflected it. I'd have to check, but I think the hot round in advanced was one over and I would have been thrilled to shoot that.
Not complaining though. We all dealt with the same conditions and I had a good time. I even cashed in advanced, despite only being back playing again since last July, so I'll take it. :)

was any film crew there? i would like to see catrina climbing back up to win. and only $250 for the womens open win? you gotta do something about helping the women get better pay out. how are women supposed to tour and support themselves with crap payout?

and only $250 for the womens open win? you gotta do something about helping the women get better pay out. how are women supposed to tour and support themselves with crap payout?

Seriously? There were four women...four!!!

When you say "you gotta do something," who is "you?"

If you care so much, why don't you do something? Why don't you run an event and drum up enough sponsorship to pay the winner of a four person division $1,000?

Unbelievable...