• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

If everyone on the lead card choked so badly as some are suggesting than why didn't someone from the chase take home the trophy?
Chase card was lackluster golf as well. Why is this so hard for you guys to understand? Oh yeah, you are mostly fanboys and place these guys on a pedestal like we do for other professional athletes.

Chase card was lackluster golf as well. Why is this so hard for you guys to understand? Oh yeah, you are mostly fanboys and place these guys on a pedestal like we do for other professional athletes.

The entire field choked?

If everyone on the lead card choked so badly as some are suggesting than why didn't someone from the chase take home the trophy?

McBeth threw 42 and 26 off his rating the last two rounds, poor play for him. Actual facts. Will shot his rating today and won. Nothing special at all. The lead card was up pretty good and played avg to below avg golf. Enough to stay ahead.

Why don't we put it this way...the course won today. Nobody lit it up. Or at least nobody with a chance to win lit it up. Everyone was up and down all day.

But you can't say it wasn't entertaining to watch. There was tension. There was excitement. It doesn't have to be a birdie-fest to be fun to watch.

Wait, did you just call the entire new wave of players "one trick pony distance clowns"?

If will schusterick threw 300 ft max distance on his drives, he probably would be rated 880 with his putting skills. What place did Wysocki end up in? Oh yeah there is a ton of ob here so he is screwed. Wysocki, great putter but relys on skips a lot and this format hurts him. David wiggins jr, yep one trick pony. Big Jerm has woods skills but mental issues

But you can't say it wasn't entertaining to watch. There was tension. There was excitement. It doesn't have to be a birdie-fest to be fun to watch.

I think the term "gut-wrenching" describes yesterday and today pretty well. It just hurt to watch some of these holes. You know they're still trying to play their game and make the best shots they can and they toss an 8 up on the scoreboard. Brutal.

Yes I can. I honestly was not entertained watching the best players miss easy putts and make horrible mental mistakes. It wasn't exciting to watch.

Um...you do realize they hold a USWDGC tournament right?! That is the equivalent for the women's division.

As for women playing in the USDGC, Des and Juliana both qualified for it back in the day but I think that was a World Title exemption.

The performance flight is a joke. And the fact that the PDGA touts Holly's finish last year or the year before as the "highest finish for a woman at the USDGC" is also a joke (No disrespect meant to Holly on this). You can't lump in Performance Flight when comparing statistics unless you count it as an asterisk.

You realize you're agreeing with me...I'm speaking specifically as to why a separate tournament (the USWDGC) is a better solution.

What happened to Brinster and Wysocki? Seriously though, Brinster won last year and wysocki came in second at worlds. Crazy...

Brinster pulled a groin, I think during the distance competition but not sure. He was 2nd to Simon but didn't throw in the showcase...hell kudos to him for playing all weekend with that injury.

Yes I can. I honestly was not entertained watching the best players miss easy putts and make horrible mental mistakes. It wasn't exciting to watch.

I never want what you are smoking. That was the best tournament I've ever seen. 4 completely different styles of golf on the top card battling it out, lead changes almost every hole. Crazy storylines...you want disc golf on TV? This is the kind of drama we'd need every tournament to draw viewership.

The only winners were Winthrop Gold and that spotter's chair.

::drops mic::
::walks away with hands in the air::

Now that juju has walked away with his hands in the air, and we don't have to read any more of his ridiculousness, what did you guys REALLY think about how it all shook out??

Damn good stuff, if you ask me.

Also, pretty sure you couldn't stream the action from a laptop in your living room in 2003 when Kenny and Barry duked it out.

Now that juju has walked away with his hands in the air, and we don't have to read any more of his ridiculousness, what did you guys REALLY think about how it all shook out??

Damn good stuff, if you ask me.

Also, pretty sure you couldn't stream the action from a laptop in your living room in 2003 when Kenny and Barry duked it out.

DOTS didn't even exist in 2003.

DOTS didn't even exist in 2003.

Sure it did!

Dots.jpg

:p