• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

Let's be honest here. The reason is:

They are not men.

:|

Saying it that way implies they're not allowed to play, which isn't the case. They're welcome to qualify like anyone else. In fact, Cat Allen and Paige Pierce attempted to qualify on Monday. Their scores weren't good enough. Just like all the other players who attempted to qualify and didn't make the cut.

Women have qualified for the USDGC.
Women have played in the USDGC.
Women have cashed at the USDGC.

Just so happened that none did this year.

Anyone know paige's raw scores?

Paige was projected to shoot at 74 each round and shot 68, 63, 67, 72 which should total to 270 and would've put her in a tie for 34th, just inside the cash.

Edit: just noticed she would've beaten Ricky and Garrett, which would've been funny

Last edited:
For all those asking about Paul McBeth. We have already done the Back 9 + Playoffs commentary and it will be uploaded early this week to SpinTV! The raw cut has been sent in for the finishing touches so watch out for that!

For all those asking about Paul McBeth. We have already done the Back 9 + Playoffs commentary and it will be uploaded early this week to SpinTV! The raw cut has been sent in for the finishing touches so watch out for that!

I see Paul as a pretty straightforward person so I'm interested to hear his comments on the round and the tournament, especially through those last holes.

Thanks to you and TheSpinTV!

Am I reading this right...Paul will be doing commentary with you for the video?

What was the distance on the over the lake to the pink traveler baskets? I could not tell from the DG Planet TV coverage but, Did anybody get one to go in? What discs were they throwing as well?

I see Paul as a pretty straightforward person so I'm interested to hear his comments on the round and the tournament, especially through those last holes.

He was candid, especially when I asked him point blank (not even 6 hours removed from losing) what it would take to get the monkey off of his back and win a US title. :D

To me, that's a real pro. He came in with fresh wounds from a tough day and still did the commentary and never sulked or pouted.

What was the distance on the over the lake to the pink traveler baskets? I could not tell from the DG Planet TV coverage but, Did anybody get one to go in? What discs were they throwing as well?

"USDGC staffer Justin Alderman surveyed the distances from the Pro Shop two years go along with the rest of the course with satellite scanning technology. He said the shortest section to clear the lake is 510 feet while it takes a 630-foot shoot to clear the road."

Koling got one in right at the end.

He was candid, especially when I asked him point blank (not even 6 hours removed from losing) what it would take to get the monkey off of his back and win a US title. :D

To me, that's a real pro. He came in with fresh wounds from a tough day and still did the commentary and never sulked or pouted.

Its why I truly do like him.

Thanks to you and TheSpinTV!

Am I reading this right...Paul will be doing commentary with you for the video?

You are. He did. :)

In fact, for the first time EVER in the history of the contest, our other commentator BIG JERM threw one in. Distance is hard to say especially because its downhill, but at least 450' of power into a stiff L-R wind.

They were throwing max weight Echo Destroyers that people "bought" as a $20 charity donation to Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The buyer signed the disc, if the disc made it across they got to keep it. If it landed in a traveler basket they got to keep it and the disc. If anyone had hit the metal basket in the middle Innova was going to drop a $25k donation.

It's 500 just to get to the edge of the lake. The pink baskets were probably closer to 580-600 away.

You are. He did. :)

In fact, for the first time EVER in the history of the contest, our other commentator BIG JERM threw one in. Distance is hard to say especially because its downhill, but at least 450' of power into a stiff L-R wind.

They were throwing max weight Echo Destroyers that people "bought" as a $20 charity donation to Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The buyer signed the disc, if the disc made it across they got to keep it. If it landed in a traveler basket they got to keep it and the disc. If anyone had hit the metal basket in the middle Innova was going to drop a $25k donation.

Very cool of him to do that, cant wait to see/hear that one.

I thought he got one while he was throwing with the t-rex in his hand. You just could not see it on the video.

I figured the DiscCatcher Pro in the middle was the "one" for the big donation. That pink and silver basket did look sweet too.

Last edited:
Now that juju has walked away with his hands in the air, and we don't have to read any more of his ridiculousness, what did you guys REALLY think about how it all shook

First of all I've got used to dgplanet and I love the live feed. You can really feel the tension that you can't in an edited video. My kids were holding their JohnE signed Wizard and rooting for him.

Crazy John is a treasure. I need an edited loop of all the bizarre and hilarious sound bites.

There was some serious unforced errors out there. Too many to list. The ones that stick out are Paul's failure to wait for the chair judgement, JohnE failing to play 18 safe in regulation, and Will's upshot on 18 in regulation after "playing it safe "(I know most would make that comeback putt but he knew he wouldn't).

I have a lot of sympathy for Will's putting woes. I can relate to it. Helluva drive on 1 for the drop in. Was that a PA-2?

Last edited:
Also I thought 2014 Pro Worlds was much better. Im sure its blasphemy for me to say it but this course reminds of a putt-putt golf course. It's a little too contrived for me.

I want Will to win, but don't think he will. I'm not sure what has happened to him this year, but his game has been slightly off. If he can somehow pull everything together, he could be unstoppable.

I said this about Will back in August about Worlds. It is even more evident now that we've seen his putting woes. Imagine how good he'll be when he finally gains his confidence back, and all those putts start falling.

I am surprised no one is mentioning how far out Wysocki finished. I didn't see that coming at all given how well he has played this year.

Was Brown pissed at the camera man when he gave him that sarcastic thumbs up? I worry about those guys moving their camera during throws.

Latest posts