• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 United States Disc Golf Championship

after finally watching the playoff i have an overwhelming feeling that paul lets will win the usdgc because he feels bad for him.

Sorry for another thread drift but as that seems to be the common practise around here, I venture this:

Some places will do personalized tee signs all year for $25-35.

That low, huh? I have an understanding that in Finland those personalized holes (company logo on teesign and basket top) go for ~200€ a year. Maybe more maybe less but certainly not only in tens of euros.

You are. See the results and payouts. JohnE and Paul both earned $3500 for 2nd place. See my earlier post #1792. JohnE and Paul tied for 2nd at -19. And Will won at -19. It wouldn't matter what they scored in the playoff. The sudden death playoff is only for 1st place. If say two players triple bogey the first playoff hole and one has a double bogey, you don't say Player A won at -17, with the other two tied at -16. (Two problems) exist with that.

"It wouldn't matter what they scored in the playoff."

$4,500 difference may not matter to you, but I bet it matters to the two who lost the playoff because their scores were higher.

Prior to this post, I never mentioned any numerical scores nor prize monies. What I do know, McBeth was still in the hunt after McCray was eliminated.In my feeble brain, that puts him finishing ahead of McCray. YMMV.

Deuces, could you please send me an e-mail to [email protected]? I am not sure the hole sponsorship information is correct, and it highlights one of the best aspects of the Championship - the opportunity to improve. Only 50 weeks to the the 2015 USDGC.

I spoke with a guy that paid to sponsor one of the state holes at the USDGC. He said it cost him $1,500 to be a hole sponsor and have his state represented. But at the end of the event, all he had to show for his $ was the hole sign.

Except that somebody stole the sign before he could get to the hole after the event... So yea... :|

Random question...Has anyone played all four rounds of the USDGC with no OBs? (I would assume no one has)

If not, who holds the record for the least OB penalties in a single USDGC tournament?

Thanks for the tip. Technologically challenged. Thank goodness for the awesome USDGC staff that covers for most of my bogeys.

There are a number of bogey-free rounds by USDGC Champions and many, but not all, of the course records were set with bogey-free rounds. Note: Thanks to Lowe Bibby for the awesome USDGC archive information.

It was 2007. Bounty for OB free and under par round. I don't know if anyone has actually done that for four rounds though.

Can someone get Harold "certified"? He would be a fantastic addition to DGCR if we could get him to frequent our humble forums!

The vertical lines projecting up from a curve are kind of like a wall of bamboo. So in honor of the USDGC hole 7, perhaps a disc passing through this bamboo curtain into OB would be considered "bamboozled"?

Thank you for the new sig line and making my day! lol

Can someone get Harold "certified"? He would be a fantastic addition to DGCR if we could get him to frequent our humble forums!

It'd be great to have a 'Harold' version of the old Ask Dave Dunipace thread on the PDGA forum, which doesn't appear to be there anymore. Would probably have to give him the admin rights to delete all the garbage that would get thrown in there, however, but each time I've spoken with him Harold has been very 'no-bs' and informative.

Thanks for the compliment. I view DGCR a good bit. I just do not post very often. I am more interested in the perspective of others, but I can try to answer some questions.

Latest posts